What's new

The Caravan

Did I miss leftists shooting up synagogues, black churches and mailing bombs out to figures on the right?

Also, what the **** is a left extremist? Did I miss someone advocating for a Stalinist state? Or did the idea of "maybe we should all have food on the table and some degree of rights" become extremist?
Since the early nineties right wing extremists have killed far more people than left wingers, the libertarian Cato Institute puts the figure at about ten times as many.

What left wing violence exists in this country is primarily carried out by Black Nationalists. For all the press antifa gets they really don't cause much harm.

Since the early nineties right wing extremists have killed far more people than left wingers, the libertarian Cato Institute puts the figure at about ten times as many.

What left wing violence exists in this country is primarily carried out by Black Nationalists. For all the press antifa gets they really don't cause much harm.

Antifa is a stain that is embracing violence. **** antifa.

Having said that. I agree that there is no real comparison as to the death toll between the two. The cost of human life. The suffering.

Do you guys remember when leftists extremists killed 3 police officers who were ambushed in Baton Rouge while 3 others were critically injured? Or do you remember when 5 police officers were shot to death in Dallas and 11 others were wounded?

I do. Just like I remember the extremists from the right.

That said, I'm not going to blame the entire left and right for the actions of a few with disturbingly loose screws.

Oh, and hey.

https://www.theatlas.com/charts/rkN8tZz8m

1.png

Extremists on both sides, man! Extremists on both sides.

65 too many.

Do you guys remember when leftists extremists killed 3 police officers who were ambushed in Baton Rouge while 3 others were critically injured? Or do you remember when 5 police officers were shot to death in Dallas and 11 others were wounded?

I do. Just like I remember the extremists from the right.

That said, I'm not going to blame the entire left and right for the actions of a few with disturbingly loose screws.

Will you acknowledge that one side is significantly more likely to produce loose screws than the other?

Question, I’m assuming the police asaasinations are not included in this correct?
I believe they are. From what I read both the Cato Institute and the ADL included the Baton Rouge and Dallas police killings in the figure for left wing extremist killings, and they were similar numbers.

Left wing extremist believe in gun control; right wing extremists believe in no control over gun ownership. Right wing extremists are basically violent people.

Left-wing extremist believe in environmental controls, political spending controls, Wall Street and bank controls, Big Pharma controls; right-wing extremists believe in no controls at all: let monopolies be created at will, unlimited spending for the military, unlimited power for law enforcement and homeland security. The only controls that the right wing wants are controls over people, like abortion and civil rights.

Will you acknowledge that one side is significantly more likely to produce loose screws than the other?

As in politically motivated acts of terrorism, sure - these guys are Nazi's, skin heads, and literally the worst of the worst. Kind of sucks for normal right wingers to even be mentioned in the same breath as those scumbags too, but if it helps people sleep at night then do what you gotta do.

The biggest driver of right wing extremist violence is racist animosity, which is in a variety of ways fostered and encouraged by much of the leadership of the republican party. That, to me, is the biggest difference between the two sides.

I believe they are. From what I read both the Cato Institute and the ADL included the Baton Rouge and Dallas police killings in the figure for left wing extremist killings, and they were similar numbers.
I tried to find what they used in the graph Jim posted, but couldn't find anything specific. It would be interesting to see what's on the list and what's left off.

As in politically motivated acts of terrorism, sure - these guys are Nazi's, skin heads, and literally the worst of the worst. Kind of sucks for normal right wingers to even be mentioned in the same breath as those scumbags too, but if it helps people sleep at night then do what you gotta do.

Quite the opposite, it makes me sleep worse at night to know that crazy shooters and bombers are no longer inspired by fringe figures, cult leaders or their own esoteric interpretations of Beatles lyrics, but by the President of the United States.

Quite the opposite, it makes me sleep worse at night to know that crazy shooters and bombers are no longer inspired by fringe figures, cult leaders or their own esoteric interpretations of Beatles lyrics, but by the President of the United States.

Terrorists inspired by the president or their political party is not a new thing under Trump though.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/latest-tensions-break-migrant-caravan-150351513.html

Damn, one of the migrants died today from an apparent head shot wound from a rubber bullet.

Guatemalan volunteer firefighters said they tried to treat the man Sunday but the injury apparently from a rubber bullet was too severe.

The Honduran migrants broke down the metal gates at the Guatemalan and Mexican border stations at the Suchiate River after authorities in both countries closed them. Firefighters said dozens of people were hurt.

Mexican Interior Secretary Alfonso Navarrete says his country's police were not carrying guns, not even to fire rubber bullets. He says federal police were attacked with "stones, firecrackers, glass bottles and glass bottles," and some of the aggressors were carrying firearms and gasoline bombs.

I've seen pics of what rubber bullets can do and it's not pretty.

https://www.cato.org/blog/terrorism-deaths-ideology-charlottesville-anomaly

Since the 90s, by far, the most deadly terrorists on American soil are Radical Islamists. What I find interesting with how the numbers were classified is that White Nationalists, and Nazi terrorism is put in the same category as right wingers, yet Islamic terrorism committed by known left wingers are put in a separate category than left wingers.

Islamism is an ideology created overseas, while much of the ideology that inspires Nationalist, Right Wing, and Left Wing terrorism is home grown or it has been here for so long that it might as well be.

I mean, if you're going to make it about political parties though, you probably shouldn't cherry pick.

Either way, it's still weird arguing over who has killed more because the terrorists do not fairly reflect their political party in the US imo. I feel we blame political parties more than we do the actual terrorists.

I hope, for our country's sake we've heard the last of domestic terrorism under Trump. I feel like we're at the point where some major **** can start going down (and has too.)

Isolationism and antagonizing your allies while embracing the worst despots in the world isn’t good. Doing this has always led to less individual freedom and economic success.

Besides, when has trump actually placed his country or countrymen first? Farmers are needing a bailout or face bankruptcy because of tariffs. Most Americans haven’t seen their salaries increase and most face skyrocketing health premiums because of his policies. Which countrymen is trump helping? Certainly not the LGBT community, the urban community, and those who value education, honesty, and the free press.

You’re stupid if you think Trump’s America First actually means anything positive for Americans.

you might be the perfect expert on "stupid", indeed. We should all just sit down and listen, I'm sure.

Obama, Pelosi, Reid had nothing to do with causing the increases in health premiums. Trump did that while sitting and watching Fox News in his little TV room in one of his little dives. He is soooooo influential, he is responsible for everything, even stuff that happened before he stole the 2016 elections...…. sure.

"nationalism" is always there to some extent in anyone's thinking, even you, when you discuss our particular country and bemoan anything you think isn't right, or brag about anything that is right in your view. If you think of yourself as an "American" you're saying you're a "nationalist", or you'd be bragging instead about being something you think is better..... say a "globalist" maybe.

Lots of otherwise "Trump supporters" don't like his tariffs, he even says he doesn't like them. He's looking for a deal, using leverage..... some countries have come to the table to meet some of his ideas, and agreements have been re-done, somewhat..... in Trump's mind.... "better for the US". The Chinese are very good at bargaining. Trump is asking for huge issue changes, like letting US innovators have their proprietary rights to their inventions, patents, and such. A lot of Chinese "business" is actually heavily "state-owned". People wanting to set up factories there have to concede trade information and technology rights, and overnight a Chinese competitor sets up using that information.

I'm afraid China's Xi is making a move for world dominance, truly expansionist in trade and international alliances. He's got hundreds of thousands of "extra" male citizens. He's promoting the idea of importing brides and sending men abroad to find mates. Chinese culture is perhaps the most "nationalist" in the whole world. In every way they promote the idea of racial and national superiority.

Xi literally calls his nation the "chosen people", the "great people". Koreans are another "nationalist" and racial superiority sort of culture. Xi is calling Koreans and Vietnamese superior to others on account of significant racial congruity across millennia of migration/intermarriage.

I run into this nationalist pride directly in my business. And of course, the Japanese are that, too. In the Philippines there is a nationalist Christian religion, one a breakaway from the Catholics that is run by filipinos, another a breakaway from the Mormons who hold that Felix Manalo is the prophet of the last days and the Filipinos are God's chosen people.

When Trump says is a "nationalist" he means, simply, that he intends to put our national interests ahead of globalist ideals or deals that give away our advantages with the intent to create a brave new world where our country is deliberately no longer dominant. He means, simply, that globalism doesn't mean more to him than the American people who elected him.

Obama wouldn't say that, nor would Hillary or Bernie.

Historically, the Russians have been a very "racist" culture. The "Russians" dominated all their neighbors and expanded their "Union" during CCCP days, and today they are still controlling most of the so-called "breakaways". Control is not always overt. Sometimes it is exerted through financial means, sometimes by sheer fear.... But there is no informed serious argument about who is the gorilla in that room.

Apparently, few other nations are required or expected to give up their cultural core to prove their acceptable level of compliance to "ideals" imposed from outside. And of course, the United States is the only place on planet earth where things need to be changed..... we're the odd man out, really.... we're the only place left where people can really vote for political leadership and have it count..... really.