What's new

The Non-Jazz NBA Thread in the Jazz Section

This year for the Festivus Airing of Grievances, I'm going to be listing every food joint and how they've let me down, not just in the past year, but over the past couple decades.
Is that a thread... cuz I've got a lot of problems with you people and now your gonna hear about it.

We'd hit the Arctic Circle in Cottonwood Heights when my kids were young and we lived there. It closed shop unfortunately. Pretty decent burger for the lower tier ff.

Used to like Cafe Rio but Costa Vida is better.
My preference for it is probably because they have refried beans. It’s not super often that we eat at either place, though. Our most frequented fast food is probably McDonald’s (due to kids and convenience) and then Popeye’s and Taco Bell. Sprinkle in some Wendy’s.

Cafe Rio has really gone down hill in the last few years. It used to be excellent.

Cafe rios quesadillas are better but other than that costs vida is better accross the board in my opinion

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Cafe rios quesadillas are better but other than that costs vida is better accross the board in my opinion

I don't know about Costa Vida, but Cafe Rio is incredibly hit or miss now. Quality control is non-existent compared to 5 years ago, and I'll sometimes get a burrito that's almost falling apart, or half empty, or a salad with brown lettuce, etc. I stopped going there.

I don't know about Costa Vida, but Cafe Rio is incredibly hit or miss now. Quality control is non-existent compared to 5 years ago, and I'll sometimes get a burrito that's almost falling apart, or half empty, or a salad with brown lettuce, etc. I stopped going there.

Agreed I used to love cafe rio now it’s just meh

Costa Vida is solid but the Mexican food game is so strong in CA that I don't drive the 20 minutes to go to Costa Vida often.

Cafe Rio closed up shop out here real quick. Couldn't compete.

Is there still that Barbacoa on 9th & 9th? They were my favorite of the "fresh-mex" places, followed by Cafe Rio, then probably Rubios. The only ones I have here of that style are Chipotle (not a fan) and Qdoba (better, but still not great, their salsa game is pretty weak). I will usually just go to either a taqueria or a sit-down, so more traditional. And nobody does Mexican anywhere like Red Iguana.

Unpopular opinion but I can’t say I’ve understood the hype. I’m not saying it’s bad, it’s just weird that it’s so unanimously hyped.
Mostly for their actually traditional food, rather that the standard burritos and such. They were doing moles before anyone else, really, and their conchinita pibil is just orgasmic.

We'd hit the Arctic Circle in Cottonwood Heights when my kids were young and we lived there. It closed shop unfortunately. Pretty decent burger for the lower tier ff.
Ya I think they have the best burger of their genre/competition

Sent from my CPH2451 using Tapatalk