What's new

The Non-Jazz NBA Thread in the Jazz Section

The 6'ers Social Media teams posted no updates after halftime last night. Generally speaking, most teams will post game updates and what not, even if their team is getting plowed. But complete radio silence there. Guess the interns decided to get drunk with the rest of the team during halftime and passed out?

1684151013273.png

I will say… if brandishing a gun just cost me 50M (likely makes an all nba team and gets his contract bumped to a super max)… I think I’d chill making dumb Insta video where I’m brandishing a gun for a while but whatevs.
Woj was on ESPN this morning saying he expects the league will hand him a lengthy suspension to start next season

Doesn't he realize that all these friends will vanish if his money dries up?
Gangsta for life means you always have friends as long as you are willing to kill for them. Who needs all the money in the world as long as you can have a gun to point at your neighbor because he does something that offends you, like letting his dog pee on the lawn of your mansion.

Man how dumb can he be.

I'm guessing he had to have some sort of stay out of trouble clause or he's not allowed to carry because I agree that while it's stupid to be flaunting a pistol it's not illegal.

Gangsta for life means you always have friends as long as you are willing to kill for them. Who needs all the money in the world as long as you can have a gun to point at your neighbor because he does something that offends you, like letting his dog pee on the lawn of your mansion.

Man how dumb can he be.
Well, like the rest of us, you're just going to have to wait and see because I don't think we know yet.

There is really nothing crazy about it. It’s the optics of the entire thing and he already got in trouble once for it. When firearms have been the leading cause of death for children since 2020 surpassing car accidents and you have one of the faces of the league flashing a gun it’s a really bad look. His friend even knew he shouldn’t be doing that as soon as he pulled the gun out he put the camera down and told him to put it away.
Part of the issue on the first incident is taking a gun with him on the road. Can’t have a gun at nba games so he could have lost like 50 games right there.

The optics are kind of a big deal. Someone in Memphis said crime an particular crimes involving guns and youth are a growing problem there… it’s not unique obviously but Memphis is real tough supposedly… so I worry about kids wanting to be like Ja as he is worshipped in that market and someone losing a life over it.

I also have issue with dumbass politicians flaunting their ARs and **** online too. So maybe everybody should just treat these death weapons with respect or just not own them.

Part of the issue on the first incident is taking a gun with him on the road. Can’t have a gun at nba games so he could have lost like 50 games right there.

The optics are kind of a big deal. Someone in Memphis said crime an particular crimes involving guns and youth are a growing problem there… it’s not unique obviously but Memphis is real tough supposedly… so I worry about kids wanting to be like Ja as he is worshipped in that market and someone losing a life over it.

I also have issue with dumbass politicians flaunting their ARs and **** online too. So maybe everybody should just treat these death weapons with respect or just not own them.

Great post.

Philly ‘bout to get wrecked. Harden bolting early would be a big loss for them - given what they paid to get him. Bet they wish they would’ve just figured out how to keep Jimmy Butler and make him happy.

Ja need to choose his friends wisely

He needs to choose his actions more wisely. Dude wants to own a gun, that's his business (regardless of how I feel). But waiving it around is a supreme act of idiocy.

No surprises here... but Doc fired as coach of the Sixers.

He needs to choose his actions more wisely. Dude wants to own a gun, that's his business (regardless of how I feel). But waiving it around is a supreme act of idiocy.
Yeah let's be real. Ja's an NBA player making $200 million. He's not the one being peer-pressured here.

If Ja decided tomorrow he wanted to start a book club, all of his friends would be debating the finer points of Catcher in the Rye by the end of the week.

This isn't a "Ja needs to check his friends" problem, it's "Ja needs to check himself".

Yeah let's be real. Ja's an NBA player making $200 million. He's not the one being peer-pressured here.

If Ja decided tomorrow he wanted to start a book club, all of his friends would be debating the finer points of Catcher in the Rye by the end of the week.

This isn't a "Ja needs to check his friends" problem, it's "Ja needs to check himself".
Well said

Good comment... the book club thing made me smile... cuz its true. Way back in the day Adam Corolla had a radio show and would play a game called *** kiss rodeo with his co-hosts... he would flip flop on opinions and things and see how quickly and nimbly his co-hosts could bend their opinions to meet his. Ja is very much in control if he wants to be.

Ja is easily one of the biggest clowns that the NBA has seen in the last decade. That is my deep insight.

Gonna be real cool for him to see the news report that a kid that idolized him died from gun violence. More cool for the kid’s family.