What's new

The Non-Jazz NBA Thread in the Jazz Section

Embiid going off right now

Sent from my CPH2451 using Tapatalk

That embiid injury screwed the knicks. No way would they be playing the sixers if embiid doesnt get hurt in the regular season.

I figured the sixers would win this series once I saw the matchup

Knicks come storming back!

NAW is soooo good.
The biggest indictment of Hardy and his stupidity. There is no reason he shouldn't have been a long term piece for us other than his pure stupidity. The guy is the ultimate glue guy and was our best perimeter defender.

Sixers really struggled while Embiid was on the bench.
Meanwhile the Knicks thrived while brunson was on the bench.

Oh ****
Embiid down

Why is any team not more talented? lol. What kind of question is that.
It’s relevant for this convo. Why didn’t they pony up the meh bounty for Pascal? Why did Indiana do it?

Sabonis stops them from getting another non shooter....ok. Sabonis is providing an immense amount of value as a non shooter. The guys around Fox and Sabonis aren't exactly the cream of the crop, and yet that group was still able to produce an elite offense in large part because Sabonis is so good. Even when the other guys were playing better, it would be hard to look at that team and say...."wow that's a surefire playoff team". And don't act like playing Keon Ellis was some kind of sacrifice they had to make. He's took the minutes of Terrance Davis, who isn't an NBA player, and Davion Mitchell who sucks. Keon has played great and would fit in any team's rotation.

They were a mid offense this year elite last year. Part of that was playing Ellis imo and part of that was guys got hurt or weren’t as good shooting this year. Sabonis gives them elite offense with Fox when they have shooters around them.
This team has no business being a playoff team in the first place, they get way more out of their talent then other teams. Putting Sabonis with a rim protector who can shoot isn't exactly the secret either. We literally saw that in IND. We can agree to disagree, but as far as reaching their goals/avoid disappointment (which IMO is just to be a consistent playoff team).....Sabonis being hard to fit around is clearly not the issue in my eyes.
It absolutely is if they want to be elite and take the next step. You are also downplaying their talent. This isn’t the Pistons. They can definitely get more with this iteration by making some moves but those moves require good shooters who are also good defenders. If those are perimeter defenders you likely need them to be ELITE or you’ll need a couple of em. Turners rim protection is questionable but they had some good teams when Turner could play even though their perimeter talent was bad.

They can be a better version of this squad but if Sabonis is ever on a true contender it will be because he has a rim protector with some stretch to him. That’s okay… very few guys are super talented and fit perfectly on all contenders.

Oh ****
Embiid down

Whispers… that’s why some of us are a little hesitant to go trade for him.

I mean I’d do it depending on price but you’d always be worried this was going to happen. It’s so frustrating

Whispers… that’s why some of us are a little hesitant to go trade for him.

I mean I’d do it depending on price but you’d always be worried this was going to happen. It’s so frustrating
And did you see the play he did it on? Amazing play.

And did you see the play he did it on? Amazing play.
He’s an amazing player. Would love to see him get a playoff run in without something weird happening. Looks like he is playing through whatever it is. So hopefully it was just an awkward fall.

It’s relevant for this convo. Why didn’t they pony up the meh bounty for Pascal? Why did Indiana do it?

They were a mid offense this year elite last year. Part of that was playing Ellis imo and part of that was guys got hurt or weren’t as good shooting this year. Sabonis gives them elite offense with Fox when they have shooters around them.

It absolutely is if they want to be elite and take the next step. You are also downplaying their talent. This isn’t the Pistons. They can definitely get more with this iteration by making some moves but those moves require good shooters who are also good defenders. If those are perimeter defenders you likely need them to be ELITE or you’ll need a couple of em. Turners rim protection is questionable but they had some good teams when Turner could play even though their perimeter talent was bad.

They can be a better version of this squad but if Sabonis is ever on a true contender it will be because he has a rim protector with some stretch to him. That’s okay… very few guys are super talented and fit perfectly on all contenders.

If you're implying that the only reason that they didn't get Pascal is bc he can't fit with Sabonis...yeah idk how much I believe that. Why did they not trade for any other player they could of gotten that would have fit with Sabonis? Those players exist. Trades don't just happen out of thin air. Could have been a million reason why they didn't trade for Siakam, I don't even think your scenario makes much sense because Siakam would be fine with Sabonis. He would have helped them. But let's just take your made up scenario and make it true. The Kings cannot trade for Siakam because they have Sabonis. That sucks...but the other side of that is you have Sabonis. The Kings are not better off without Sabonis so they can acquire guys who would fit if he wasn't there.

If you want to put the offense on Keon, I think that's hilarious but to each their own. Keon played great and minutes he took were from guys who were awful. Even if the Kings were "forced" to play Keon or whatever, he was still a good player on both ends so you can't put any blame on him. The difference in level was obviously the same guys playing at worse level. Again, nothing to do with the fit. The Kings disappointment this season is not because of fit. It's the same fit, worse performance.

I'm not going to move the goalposts and change the end goal. To be a consistent playoff team, fit around Sabonis is one of the last things causing them issues. We've seen Sabonis with a rim protector with some stretch to them, didn't mean anything because the overall level was still poor. If you have Sabonis, there are going to be players that don't fit with him. This is true and is also true for most players including some who are way better than him.