What's new

The official "let's impeach Trump" thread

Ok, I see this thrown about, but it makes no sense. Trump is threatening democracy? How?
We still have elections. People can still vote. Trump hasn't done anything to stop that....well, unless you think that him wanting to stop non-Americans from voting.

Hilary said that Trump would not accept the results of the 2016 election. Well, Hillary is the one who lost and she's still btching about it. Seems she can't accept anything, but she isn't doing anything to stop the next election from happening.
As far as I can tell, nobody is.
His incompetence is a threat to our democracy. He has made several serious missteps already. The longer he is in office the more blunders he'll make.

It’s just a troll job for so many. Trump is so guilty that none of his fans on here are even trying to defend him.

Really? None?
Quite a few come on here, including me. But there isn't much real debate here. Just a lot of telling each other off. If you want some real debate, then you need to accept and respect that some people don't think the same way you do.
But I won't be holding my breath.

His incompetence is a threat to our democracy. He has made several serious missteps already. The longer he is in office the more blunders he'll make.

That didn't answer the question. Is his incompetence going to stop elections from happening? Will the people no longer get to choose?

That didn't answer the question. Is his incompetence going to stop elections from happening? Will the people no longer get to choose?
Our democracy refers to much more than just the fact that we hold elections. So I answered the question just fine. Have a nice night.

Our democracy refers to much more than just the fact that we hold elections. So I answered the question just fine. Have a nice night.

and you wonder why people like me just come in here and troll.
There is no discussion here.
You all just hate Trump and Trump hate is all you want to read. That's fine I guess. It's not like anything said here will have any affect at all on anything.

and you wonder why people like me just come in here and troll.
There is no discussion here.
You all just hate Trump and Trump hate is all you want to read. That's fine I guess. It's not like anything said here will have any affect at all on anything.
Your argument is that nothing Trump does can harm our democracy because we still have elections. What is it you want to discuss? Weather or not we'll continue to have elections?

You didn't provide a meaningful or interesting premise for discussion. Do that and I'll have a conversation with you.

Your argument is that nothing Trump does can harm our democracy because we still have elections. What is it you want to discuss? Weather or not we'll continue to have elections?

You didn't provide a meaningful or interesting premise for discussion. Do that and I'll have a conversation with you.

Sure you will...

I asked how Trump is destroying our democracy. I'm interested to see what people have to say.
I'm not sure what else there is. Democracy means that the people have a vote and a say in government.

There are several in the US Code, but your frame of mind is such that you would want me to do a prosecutorial brief twenty pages in depth, with too damn much detail, and then you'd want Kicky to do sixty pages of rebuttal in defense.

Would it take you 20 pages to name the act and list the law being violated in general terms?

The facts on the ground should be more important to you.

You mean, the fact that the Bidens didn't break any laws?

I have several reasons to not vote for Biden. I don't need your fictions.

Sure you will...

I asked how Trump is destroying our democracy. I'm interested to see what people have to say.
I'm not sure what else there is. Democracy means that the people have a vote and a say in government.
Healthy democracies include more than just elections. Abiding by the law while in office is important, acting in the publics interest is as well. Demonization and degradation of political opponents is something harmful to democracy that Trump engages in. Disregard for the truth and constant lying is another example of Trump behavior that is detrimental to democracy.

I guess, this pretty much defines difference of opinions. Haha
I guess. I suppose I'm just missing what it is that she was factually wrong about.

When I hear something like she's totally clueless about the EC, it sounds to me like she has no idea how it works or what it does. That doesn't seem to be the case.

On a scale of 1 to 10 how OCD, triggered and narcissistic is @Thriller?

The way he talks to other members on the forum like he's the almighty know-it-all is beyond tiring. You banned dutch, but why not Triggered Thriller?

I guess. I suppose I'm just missing what it is that she was factually wrong about.

When I hear something like she's totally clueless about the EC, it sounds to me like she has no idea how it works or what it does. That doesn't seem to be the case.

To me, while I understand arguments against the EC, calling it a scam and making identity politics to push a racist, political agenda is ignorant af.

I mean, anyone who understands the US's history, and each inland state's history know that blanketing statements like, "they're majority white folk, therefore they're racist" is just ignorant.

White people can and are racists. This does not equate to the EC and rural folks being racist.

OC is the Trump of the left. They both say some stupid **** and should stay off of Twitter.

Sorry if it got out of hand.

Seeing as you continued to defend your actions later, this came across as a not-pology.

We all go over the line sometimes. When we do, we need to re-think our approach. Take a day. We'll still be here Wednesday.

There has to be another way though, in 2016 we got Trump and Hillary shoved down as options. Is that really the best the US had to offer?

They were "shoved down" only in the sense that each of them out-polled all of their rivals. They were the best vote-getters America had to offer.

To me, while I understand arguments against the EC, calling it a scam and making identity politics to push a racist, political agenda is ignorant af.

I mean, anyone who understands the US's history, and each inland state's history know that blanketing statements like, "they're majority white folk, therefore they're racist" is just ignorant.

White people can and are racists. This does not equate to the EC and rural folks being racist.

OC is the Trump of the left. They both say some stupid **** and should stay off of Twitter.
I think you're mischaracterizing her argument about the EC. I don't think she's ever said that rural white people are all racists.