What's new

The official "let's impeach Trump" thread

Fair enough, I'm not going to either.
I would have voted for Tulsi. But no, I’m not going to vote for Biden.

Are you guys both voting in Utah?
Does a 3rd party or alternate candidate have a chance getting enough votes to send a message? Because, if not, then a vote for Biden is your best chance of sending a message of dissatisfaction (in state that’ll go red anyway).

Are you guys both voting in Utah?
Does a 3rd party or alternate candidate have a chance getting enough votes to send a message? Because, if not, then a vote for Biden is your best chance of sending a message of dissatisfaction (in state that’ll go red anyway).
Nah, I'm in Wyoming, Utah probably has a better chance of "sending a message" with a third party vote. But for me it's less about sending a message as it is believing that a candidate ought to earn my vote, and Biden hasn't. I'll likely write in Sanders.

Nah, I'm in Wyoming, Utah probably has a better chance of "sending a message" with a third party vote. But for me it's less about sending a message as it is believing that a candidate ought to earn my vote, and Biden hasn't. I'll likely write in Sanders.

So basically you're not voting.

I can’t say that a presidential candidate has ever “earned my vote,” so I struggle to sympathize with that perspective.

I'm not the biggest fan of Biden, but the reality is that any vote not for Biden is basically a win for Trump in the grand numbers scheme. Getting him out of office is really my only goal.

It's like going to Subway and having to choose between the Cold Cut Combo or what's swimming in the unflushed toilet of the men's room. One is edible but you won't be telling all your friends about it, the other is simply a piece of ****.

So basically you're not voting.

Biden wasn’t my first choice.

And I understand why those wanting more progressive policies are frustrated. I think we all would benefit from a good dose of progressive policies.

But I would hope just for the sake of POC that those on the left would vote for Biden. Minorities won’t survive another 4 years under Trump. We’ve been dealing with fascism for 4 years. Another 4 years and without re-election to worry about, will truly be brutal for those who want to restore some semblance of democracy in this country.

Biden wasn’t my first choice.

And I understand why those wanting more progressive policies are frustrated. I think we all would benefit from a good dose of progressive policies.

But I would hope just for the sake of POC that those on the left would vote for Biden. Minorities won’t survive another 4 years under Trump. We’ve been dealing with fascism for 4 years. Another 4 years and without re-election to worry about, will truly be brutal for those who want to restore some semblance of democracy in this country.

Minorities didn't make out well under Obama either. I don't think Trump is some great minority destroyer, although he is a pos. Biden might literally be mentally handicapped by the time he takes office. There are no winners in any scenario imo.

Minorities didn't make out well under Obama either. I don't think Trump is some great minority destroyer, although he is a pos. Biden might literally be mentally handicapped by the time he takes office. There are no winners in any scenario imo.

That’s just not true. And it’s ignoring the last 4 years. Trump has been the worst president for minorities since Woodrow Wilson.

That’s just not true. And it’s ignoring the last 4 years. Trump has been the worst president for minorities since Woodrow Wilson.

Sure. he's not good. But Obama was also awful and he was a black man. Who is going to turn that around? You can bet your god damned last dollar it won't be alzheimers Biden. Won't be Trump either. And I won't be voting for either.

I mean, in reality the only people changing things for the better of the minorities are the minorities. Don't abandon your kids, get an education, take control of your own lives. I 100% agree the system is stacked against them but if you want things changed, don't worry about everyone else. Worry about yourself.

Kids in cages
Cuts to pell grants
Cuts to the Obamacare exchanges and an upcoming lawsuit that could end Obamacare
Cuts to the EPA
Proposed (not passed) cuts to Medicaid
Tax cuts to the 1 percent
Dreamers
Telling police officers to “not be nice” when arresting
Very fine people
Muslim ban
******** countries
Pandemic response
Gassing BLM for a photo op

I mean I get this is a sports board. But cmon this shouldn’t be hard.

Kids in cages
Cuts to pell grants
Cuts to the Obamacare exchanges and an upcoming lawsuit that could end Obamacare
Cuts to the EPA
Proposed (not passed) cuts to Medicaid
Tax cuts to the 1 percent
Dreamers
Telling police officers to “not be nice” when arresting
Very fine people
Muslim ban
******** countries
Pandemic response
Gassing BLM for a photo op

I mean I get this is a sports board. But cmon this shouldn’t be hard.

What and or who is this referring to? Or what are you saying?

Sure. he's not good. But Obama was also awful and he was a black man. Who is going to turn that around? You can bet your god damned last dollar it won't be alzheimers Biden. Won't be Trump either. And I won't be voting for either.

I mean, in reality the only people changing things for the better of the minorities are the minorities. Don't abandon your kids, get an education, take control of your own lives. I 100% agree the system is stacked against them but if you want things changed, don't worry about everyone else. Worry about yourself.

First, No he wasn’t. Obama wasn’t awful.

Second, when the house is on Fire you don’t talk about the new color of paint that you’re going to use. The first thing you need to do is put the fire out. That begins with getting rid of trump and as many of his enablers as possible.

Third, build a diverse coalition to turn things around. I think Biden can and will do as much of this as possible. His mainstream appeal benefits down ballot democrats in ways that no other candidate could. Bernie would’ve been toxic to down ballot democrats.

Whether or not Democrats win enough of the Senate and if enough Republicans snap out of this fascism funk to work in a bipartisan basis remains to be seen. I believe we will win back a senate majority (still not a filibuster proof number). But to really turn things around well need to win state houses, governor’s mansions, and we’ll need some help from rational republicans (like a Romney).

I have my doubts that Republicans have had their fill of Trumpism. But we’ll see.

First, No he wasn’t. Obama wasn’t awful.

Second, when the house is on Fire you don’t talk about the new color of paint that you’re going to use. The first thing you need to do is put the fire out. That begins with getting rid of trump and as many of his enablers as possible.

Third, build a diverse coalition to turn things around. I think Biden can and will do as much of this as possible. His mainstream appeal benefits down ballot democrats in ways that no other candidate could. Bernie would’ve been toxic to down ballot democrats.

Whether or not Democrats win enough of the Senate and if enough Republicans snap out of this fascism funk to work in a bipartisan basis remains to be seen. I believe we will win back a senate majority (still not a filibuster proof number). But to really turn things around well need to win state houses, governor’s mansions, and we’ll need some help from rational republicans (like a Romney).

I have my doubts that Republicans have had their fill of Trumpism. But we’ll see.

This is going to sound *** holey but if you truly think Biden is going to fix anything or "do as much as possible" for minorities you are a stupid person. A stupid stupid person. And I think Obama was/is a good person. I think he gets a HUGE pass because he was black. He failed minorities on so many different levels, on foreign policy, on domestic policy. He was a very mediocre president. I think like GW, he is a good dude that was in over his head. Clinton was a POS who was able to be a good president.

The fact that Biden was even nominated is possibly more embarrassing the Trump winning in the first place. What an embarrassing joke the DNC has become.