What's new

The *OFFICIAL* Russia Is About To Invade Ukraine Thread

Thank god we have brave Ukrainians fighting Russia then. All we have to do is supply them with weapons and they can wear down and defeat one of the world’s greatest threats? Fantastic!

Im interested to see what the Challengers do once they get to the front.
They won't make any difference. There aren't enough of them being delivered to Ukraine. The only hope is that they are a foot in the door and if Russia doesn't start WW3 over 14 Challengers, then it probably won't start WW3 over 21 Challengers. And if it didn't start WW3 over 21 Challengers then it probably won't start WW3 over 35 Challengers, etc., etc. In various deserts in the United States, we have nearly 4,000 older generation Abrams tanks in long term storage. If we shipped a thousand of them to Ukraine and protected the fuel pipelines into the area to make sure they could stay fueled, that would make a difference. However, going from zero American tanks straight to a thousand American tanks might start WW3.

They won't make any difference. There aren't enough of them being delivered to Ukraine. The only hope is that they are a foot in the door and if Russia doesn't start WW3 over 14 Challengers, then it probably won't start WW3 over 21 Challengers. And if it didn't start WW3 over 21 Challengers then it probably won't start WW3 over 35 Challengers, etc., etc. In various deserts in the United States, we have nearly 4,000 older generation Abrams tanks in long term storage. If we shipped a thousand of them to Ukraine and protected the fuel pipelines into the area to make sure they could stay fueled, that would make a difference. However, going from zero American tanks straight to a thousand American tanks might start WW3.

I think the British only have around 200 serviceable Challengers anyway, is it 60 Leopard 2s that are also getting deployed? That's closing in on 100 western tanks in theatre.

I think the British only have around 200 serviceable Challengers anyway, is it 60 Leopard 2s that are also getting deployed? That's closing in on 100 western tanks in theatre.
A hundred main battle tanks is better than not having a hundred main battle tanks, but so far the real difference makers are the smaller pieces delivered in massive numbers, such as the Javelin and NLAW anti-tank weapons, and especially the RAAM 155mm howitzer shells that turned the open ground south of Vuhledar into a Russian graveyard which has so far prevented the encirclement of Avdiivka. The RAAM shells were so effective at creating instant minefields the Russians gave up using tanks there and marched in infantry without any armor support.

A hundred main battle tanks is better than not having a hundred main battle tanks, but so far the real difference makers are the smaller pieces delivered in massive numbers, such as the Javelin and NLAW anti-tank weapons, and especially the RAAM 155mm howitzer shells that turned the open ground south of Vuhledar into a Russian graveyard which has so far prevented the encirclement of Avdiivka. The RAAM shells were so effective at creating instant minefields the Russians gave up using tanks there and marched in infantry without any armor support.

Be interesting to see how they are utilised and if they can be effective in combined arms missions. Ukrainian's cavalry and infantry have been doing a heap of training in the UK, be interesting to see the effect.

Be interesting to see how they are utilised and if they can be effective in combined arms missions. Ukrainian's cavalry and infantry have been doing a heap of training in the UK, be interesting to see the effect.
I’d really like to see longer range artillery given to Ukraine. I understood the caution initially but not anymore.

I’d really like to see longer range artillery given to Ukraine. I understood the caution initially but not anymore.

Modern artillery will definitely help but its not going to allow break throughs like armour. we've sent them a bunch of our bushmasters 200+ I believe

300px-Dutch_Bushmaster_with_remote_turret_2008.jpg

These are basically infantry mobility vehicles but they've been using them in a combat support role, we deploy our infantry in bushmasters with ASLAVs for fire support for the infantry.

300px-Side_view_of_an_ASLAV_at_the_AWM_in_March_2008.jpg

increased mechanisation is what they need to break the deadlock.

Yes, the Russians are leaking information. Those supposed plans list 90,000 Ukrainian KIA as of 5 weeks ago and only 15,000 Russian KIA. The documents are fakes.
All the documents that are spreading on Twitter are fakes?

View: https://twitter.com/skynewsaust/status/1644151993114714113?s=46&t=BMMZjW7vq0_zwnmLDjNTgQ

Interesting. Do you have any links to support this, that I can check out?

Lots of documents are out there right now:

View: https://twitter.com/btr_fan21/status/1644384711576256538?s=46&t=BMMZjW7vq0_zwnmLDjNTgQ

All the documents that are spreading on Twitter are fakes?

Interesting. Do you have any links to support this, that I can check out?
There are a ton of outlets reporting they are fake.

However it isn't any of these outlets that tells me they are obvious fakes, it is that the information doesn't pass the smell test. There is no way Russia only has 15,000 or 17,500 KIA as is presented on the slides. That number is for the consumption of the Russian public. This supposed leak shows: a) the Russians are doing amazingly well -and- b) the Russians are actually fighting America and NATO. It is propaganda.

There are a ton of outlets reporting they are fake.

However it isn't any of these outlets that tells me they are obvious fakes, it is that the information doesn't pass the smell test. There is no way Russia only has 15,000 or 17,500 KIA as is presented on the slides. That number is for the consumption of the Russian public. This supposed leak shows: a) the Russians are doing amazingly well -and- b) the Russians are actually fighting America and NATO. It is propaganda.

Thanks I’ll check out these articles. I don’t know the actual totals of KIA on either side because the info I have been reading has a wide range of numbers. But I understand what point. Thanks again.

Thanks I’ll check out these articles. I don’t know the actual totals of KIA on either side because the info I have been reading has a wide range of numbers. But I understand what point. Thanks again.
It is looking like the leak is real, and fake depending on which cache you are looking at.

There was only one image in common between the Telegram and 4chan posts: a map that showed a number of statistics, including the cumulative number of KIA (killed in action) soldiers on the Russian and Ukrainian sides through the course of the war. However, the numbers on these two sources differed, with the first source (4chan) showing more Russian losses than Ukrainian, and the second source (Donbass Devushka) the reverse. A closer examination of the second image, with the much higher Ukrainian KIA numbers, that was posted on Telegram shows crude image manipulation. As well as the later posting time and far blurrier resolution, the numbers are out of alignment. Spacing between some numbers and letters is also too large to be consistent with the font.

It therefore seems that either the Donbass Devushka Telegram account, or a previous source posted by this account, altered the original image to paint the Ukrainian losses as heavier than in the original assessment. Nevertheless, neither of the sources for the 4chan or Telegram posts are the original.