What's new

The unrepentant Rudy Gobert support thread

mate 100 % with you. Still bummed they left him hanging in the immediate aftermath of the Coronavirus thing. And yes he was giving a little less than 100 % shall we say in the month or so before lockdown but everyone has a bad patch. He's always been forthright and busted his knackers to win. If the Jazz traded him i'd be done

Huge Rudy fan. I support this thread.

Having said that, like someone else in this thread said, I wouldn't even think of giving him the supermax. (At least what I last heard his supermax would be which was like in the ballpark of 60 million per year or some crazy BS like that)

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using JazzFanz mobile app

Huge Rudy fan. I support this thread.

Having said that, like someone else in this thread said, I wouldn't even think of giving him the supermax. (At least what I last heard his supermax would be which was like in the ballpark of 60 million per year or some crazy BS like that)

Before the outbreak I would’ve. But with the cap likely going down no.

AK47 was no where near this impactful before his issues.

He was more impactful according to the advanced stats. Hell, his Box +/- in 2004-05 before he got hurt was MVP-level. Even in the late 2000s, his advance stats suggested All-Star-level impact.

He was more impactful according to the advanced stats. Hell, his Box +/- in 2004-05 before he got hurt was MVP-level. Even in the late 2000s, his advance stats suggested All-Star-level impact.
Use your ****ing eye test. He wasn’t nearly as good. He was never the force on defense Gobert is. Without AK the jazz didn’t hardly lose a beat. Gobert carries this team. Numbers lie.

Comparing Gobert to Malone and Stockton is blasphemous. You would never see them take nights off or play half *** cause they weren’t getting the ball. I love Rudy as much as the next guy. But he needs to grow up and realize the team won’t win anything unless he buys into the “team” and not his individual stats.

It wasn't just the Rubio thing... he did other good stuff... like sub him in for Mike right now as a starter and I think our team is better. The issue was Ricky/Rudy/Favs. The numbers showed it was one too many non-shooters... we rolled with it for a while.

We could have tried to get a pg that could shoot and match him up with Favs and Rudy... maybe that works. But nah... we stuck with the 3 non-shooter thing so long. Or you can run DM with Ingles in the backcourt and a shooting 3 with Favs and Rudy.

That's really my issue... we stick with **** that isn't ideal for too long.

Again, Ricky shot 40% from 3 for the last 50ish games. They hoped his non-shooting days were in the past. As we all did.

Rudy is like an anchor...
The anchor isn't a flashy object at all, but without it the ship is at the mercy of the waves and the sailors have to make a great deal of effort to keep the ship stable.
The importance of an anchor is often overlooked.

AK47 was no where near this impactful before his issues.

In 03 one could argue he was. The Jazz were supposed to be the worst team in the NBA and were made up of a bunch of no namers and nearly missed the playoffs.

I give Jerry more credit than AK though but I think many forget that AK's play probably changed the NBA more than they'd like to admit.

Comparing Gobert to Malone and Stockton is blasphemous. You would never see them take nights off or play half *** cause they weren’t getting the ball. I love Rudy as much as the next guy. But he needs to grow up and realize the team won’t win anything unless he buys into the “team” and not his individual stats.
To be fair, we would never know if they would take nights off if they weren't getting the ball. They always got the ball