What's new

TMZ reports that Kobe Bryant passed away.

One in the same, in my opinion.
Hardly. Rape is non-consensual. A huge difference. From what I recall, the woman freely began allowing liberties but when Kobe took it farther is when she began to object (at least from what I remember and I may be wrong). While he was at fault for this, I believe she shares some fault because of the mixed messages she gave. This is a common issue with rape, women giving mixed messages. While men should respect a woman's wishes, if she had allowed her clothes to be removed or removed them herself, what kind of message is she giving? I don't want to get into a debate about this but I think this is really a gray area that needs to be considered on a case-by-case basis.

Last edited:
Well then, how do you feel about Karl Malone?

That's the sticker, Malone will 100 percent have his past be part of the immediate commentary immediately after he dies, mainly because he didn't win a championship in a big city.

Not really the time to go further into this discussion though.

This is just Insane. I hadn’t even thought about how my employer would respond (I’m a software engineer at Nike)

Just got an email, they are having a company wide moment of silence for him tomorrow.

There is a time and a place for such discussion, but this is not the time. It wasn't like he was a serial rapist like Cosby or Weinstein. From what I recall, the woman came freely to his room. Obviously, things got out of hand, and like I said he made a mistake. I have never raped a woman but there have been times I went farther than someone wanted.

It is downright terrifying to see someone downplay and justify rape this much. All the tropes are there. Why did she come to his room? It's not like he did it a bunch of times(he might have, you know damn well how few rapes get reported). Things got "out of hand." He made a mistake.

And no, not once in my life have I gone farther than someone wanted.

And yes, Karl Malone is a piece of **** for impregnating a 12-year when he was a grown man. No ifs or buts about it. He's also the greatest player the Jazz have ever had. It doesn't make him any less of a piece of **** for raping a 12-year old.

I'm not sure what is worse: The dummies who use a tragedy as an opportunity to start some controversial debate, or those who ride in on their high horses to right the world, even though most of them wouldn't even bother with this tragedy if there wasn't a famous name among the dead.

Y'all suck. I'll just leave my condolences to the families of everyone who died today, famous or not, and as always, refrain from responding to all the stupidity that pops up on this board all too frequently.

I was no fan of Kobe. I did recognize his obvious talent and actually admired his competitiveness on the court, but for a myriad of reasons, that’s where my admiration for him ended.

That being said, the fact that not only his life was lost, but that of his 13 year old daughter is heartbreaking enough that all of the commentary about his personal life should be left on the sidelines for now.

It seems like Kobe refocused himself on trying to be a good father and it certainly appeared that his daughters loved their father. Not only that, Vanessa Bryant now faces the reality of never seeing her little girl again. I’ve buried a teenager and my heart absolutely bleeds for her, as well as for the other family members that lost loved ones in today’s accident. While it’s a select few, it’d be nice if the self-appointed Jazzfanz morality police could take one ****ing day off considering the circumstances.

Also, props to the mod’s who are in here deleting the absolute nonsense that some people feel like they need to peddle on here.

Pretty sure Trout was the first person I ever blocked on this website. After seeing numerous posts by other posters, I became curious as to who I was blocking. I clicked to reveal who was posting and saw the content.

I had actually forgotten that Trout was blocked. Now it’s obvious why I did. Just an awful poster and wretched human being. Go away.

The whole thing just has me feeling weird. Kobe goes beyond just basketball. His whole "Mamba" image stuff and his cultural impact (KOBE!) is just such a big thing. He was a living legend, almost a mythical creature, despite him just being recently retired. Him dying so early feels like something got taken away from basketball.

But he was also a rapist who never really faced strong consequences for his actions because he's incredibly talented, rich, and charismatic.

Man I hated Kobe during that stretch between 2008-2010 when we played the Lakers in the playoffs. I remember how excited I got when Hayward blocked him after a pump fake (2013?) to win a game for us.

I really wanted the jazz to win that last game of the 2016 season despite being out of the playoffs. As we all know, It was Kobe's last game. Seems like it was a close game or the jazz had the lead. Then of course Kobe starts going off.. I remember having half a smile on my face and thinking "What the hell, why not one last time!"

IMO, the best player in NBA history. RIP to all who lost their lives today.