What's new

Tough Day To Be In Law Enforcement

I know exactly what it says. You think I'm a moron for sharing a tweet of the Portland shooting because you know who the guy is that posted it. I didn't. Sharing a tweet of a video doesn't equate to aligning my beliefs with the poster. Maybe to you?

No, because you took the video at face value without asking who posted it or why.

Yikes. Right wing terrorism scares me far more than anything I’ve seen from the handful of votes college white kids LARPing in Portland.

Of course not. You're more than happy for people to get gunned down if it later turns out they did something you didn't like once upon a time, and to have the human worth smeared (by what is seemingly a lie in this case, if Zombie didn't miss something.

If you object to being characterized in that fashion, be a little less cavalier about people smearing his character so they can justify his death, and you will stop earning it.

If saying that someone shouldn't be killed in an unrelated incident for a crime that doesn't merit the death penalty is a defense, then I will happily defend you any time.

That's not what I've said at all. Like, remotely. I like how you put words in my mouth so that it feeds your agenda.

Gawd damn it.

SIMP

Because it had the video of the Portland shooting.

This is honestly disturbing how much you guys read into things. I think it's funny you guys even know who he is.
I find it useful to take even a cursory look at the people behind the media I consume and share. I don't know **** about the last guy whose video you posted, I just scrolled down and saw the Charlottesville hoax video was his most popular upload, that told me all I needed to know.

Maybe if you took just a minute or two to do the same you'd end up with a lot less egg on your face.

The minor would have been under 15 considering the length of the sentence.
But probably not much younger otherwise he'd have been charged with sexual abuse of a child, I think. Not to be the ephebophelia is not pedophilia guy, but this could still be an example of a kid who made a terrible mistake rather than the predatory pedophile he's being portrayed as.

Just seems like a slimy attack to make on someone who was killed without knowing the whole story.

Curious. I keep hearing about how this civil unrest is going to help get Trump elected, but that sure doesn't seem to be the case.

That's not what I've said at all. Like, remotely. I like how you put words in my mouth so that it feeds your agenda.

I didn't pretend to quote you, just characterized how you come across. You can accept that, or put a little more thought into how you come across, but my impression is not going to change because you complain about it.

It had a carefully edited video designed to make the shooter seem capricious instead of acting in self-defense. Does that matter to you at all? If so, why are you defending your linking to it?

The video wasn't edited at all. In fact, Zombie posted an edited video with the incident zoomed in so you could see the spray from the mace being released. You can see it from the video I posted because it's the same video but not zoomed in.

I posted the video the morning after the shooting. You disliked it because that Ian guy said what many people still think - "we got a Trumper right here." That's not what was said according to the guy who was with the victim. What was said was, "we got a couple right here" which referenced their hats.

I posted it for discussion and got exactly that. I learned more from having posted it. I'm not reporting it like a journalist and or supporting it. It was a video I found disturbing and it's sad the discussion became more about the guy who tweeted the video than about how messed up Portland is.

I find it useful to take even a cursory look at the people behind the media I consume and share. I don't know **** about the last guy whose video you posted, I just scrolled down and saw the Charlottesville hoax video was his most popular upload, that told me all I needed to know.

Maybe if you took just a minute or two to do the same you'd end up with a lot less egg on your face.
So I have egg on my face because you don't know who Tim Pool is and you make an assessment about him because you saw a thumbnail?

Do you not see what's wrong or simple minded about this?

Just seems like a slimy attack to make on someone who was killed without knowing the whole story.

Do you know who the guy was Tim was interviewing that called him a pedophile? He was the guy that filmed the incident and was an eye-witness to what lead up to the shootings and gives details about it and his perspective.

I think he knows the story as well as anyone else who witnessed it. Maybe if you took the time to listen you might learn a lil more than there was an active shooter killing people in Kenosha. Just a thought.

So I have egg on my face because you don't know who Tim Pool is and you make an assessment about him because you saw a thumbnail?

Do you not see what's wrong or simple minded about this?
What on earth makes you think I don't know who Tim Pool is?

There is a reason. Care to share?

There are so many reason, and shades of reasoning, that it would be difficult to be precise. That doesn't change that we have a book club thread, and you posted some irrelevant stuff about Communists in this thread instead.

The video wasn't edited at all. In fact, Zombie posted an edited video with the incident zoomed in so you could see the spray from the mace being released. You can see it from the video I posted because it's the same video but not zoomed in.

My recollection is that the video you link covered a much shorter period of time, which is why you could not see the macing. I might be misremembering.

That's not what was said according to the guy who was with the victim. What was said was, "we got a couple right here" which referenced their hats.

I agree it was clear in the video that it was "couple", not "Trumper".

Does the video change or what's seen in it because it was posted by the guy who filmed it, Ian, me or you? No.

Do you understand that context changes meaning? In particular, claiming that a guy is out to shoot 'Trumpers' changes the meaning of why the video was there?