THis upcoming year in the draft. You hope one of Lauri/Sexton can fault themselves into being an All-Star level player. You hope you can sign a borderline all-star guy in UFA that could elevate himself to an all-star in the right situation. Or you trade the future picks for an all-star if one you like becomes available.
That does seem to be the plan, it just doesn't seem like we're giving ourselves a enough good chances.
- If Sexton becomes an all star level player, it's likely a borderline all star.
- Lauri has a long way to go at the NBA level to be an all star
- Our best chance at an all star is the 2023 draft, but we don't seem to be maximizing our probability of landing one
- The only UFA we've signed from another team that has become an all star level player is Boozer, I'm pretty sure in the history of the franchise. It seems like there is a very small chance of that being successful.
- Trading our picks for a star shouldn't happen until we already have at least one, and is dependent on the one you need becoming available.