What's new

Trade Confirmed: Jazz get jack for Bogey

Nah, that **** is dead. Lakers need good NBA players and we traded one for 0 players and two roster spots.

When you can trade a really ****ing good NBA player for Kelly Olynyk and an absolutely whatever 6’ 2” guy you have to I guess.

Lakers might want conley. They would need a pg if they trade westbrook right?
And we would need a big salary like conleys to try to match right?

Sent from my iPad using JazzFanz mobile app

Ya im not usually one to be overly critical of management and i feel that ainge has been killing it all summer but this trade just stinks from every angle that i view it.
Like another poster said, maybe JZ snuck into work early and made this trade. This doesnt seem like a DA trade.

No way... this seems like a big Danny move. Kelly is one of his guys so he is clearly valuing him higher than anyone else in the FO. This wreaks of a Ryan move... we can do one of two trade... move Bogey for a first but it might put us near the tax and might cost some additional salary next year... or we can get this vet that will save us some money now... Ryan chose the save money now option.

I guess we really gotta savor when DerAinge gets a slam dunk because 60% of his trades have been putrid garbage water.

Maybe this is Ryan Smith’s fault but… wait what the **** just happened?

I thought the royce, gobert, and spida trades were all awesome.
So im gonna say 3 out of 4 trades are fanstastic this summer.

At least with the THT deal you could reason that Ainge really liked THT, and saw something there others didn't. There is no reasonable explanation for this, it's just terrible.

We couldn't even get some seconds out of the deal? Really? We waited until basically the last possible moment and this is the best deal we could get?

If we really wanted a veteran center (which doesn't make any sense) then just sign Zeller to a deal, or at least wait to see what he is like in camp. Now we're going to cut a guy like JB to get down to 15.

The only way this deal gets redeemable is if there is another great deal in the works that requires us to take on extra salary that would push us over the tax.

I thought the royce, gobert, and spida trades were all awesome.
So im gonna say 3 out of 4 trades are fanstastic this summer.

I forgot about Royce. I was referring to Ingles/NAW, THT, and this.

I’m still not entirely sold on the Donovan return either, and I cannot be convinced it wasn’t done without vindictiveness.

I truly hate everything about this trade. I get we wanted to open up some minutes/a bigger role for Simone, Lauri, and Ochai.... I guess? But the key to the tank for me is having one position where we are absolute dog ****. That position was center... KO is a solid center option where we primarily had rookies and projects.

I actually like Saben Lee but I like him in a way that is like "oh we signed Saben Lee to a minimum deal".

This is the **** that drove me nuts in the DL era... leaving **** on the table. Could have snaked a few seconds in this deal or the THT deal. We could use those seconds to dump salaries if that is what we need to do.

Ain't gonna spin any bigger theories here... we just do weird **** sometimes I guess.

The sad reality now is if we couldn’t get a 1st for Bogey we definitely aren’t getting one for anyone else on the roster who’s on the trade block.

It’s pretty clear at this point that the Timberwolves just bent over for Ainge and they got more than they ever thought possible.

I really think Ainge makes this **** too personal and when his A deal doesn’t go way he wants, he makes deals so he can “sure show them”. And all the while sours everyone along the way.

This is an atrocious trade. Easily top-5 most pure trash.

I guess we playing 12D chess cuz the Pistons get too good to tank and we really just brought back nothing.

Your last sentence is actually a good point.
We get worse in the trade and another tanker gets better.
Maybe this trade moves our 2023 pick from #6 to #2 or something.

makes the jazz worse, but honestly it's negligible. saves some money, but it's a bad trade. ainge got desperate or lazy or both.
I'm not even sure it makes us worse... the drop off from Bogey to Lauri/Simone may not be as big as the drop off between Kessler/Doke and KO.

This is not a tank move imo. This hurts the tank.

The sad reality now is if we couldn’t get a 1st for Bogey we definitely aren’t getting one for anyone else on the roster who’s on the trade block.
Certainly not if it’s a moment where an Ainge conniption fit coincides with Smith running to the Jazz ATM.

Sorry….I just don’t want to see Kelly Olynyk take development time away from Doke or Kessler.

Let the younguns play and be really bad!

Agreed. And maybe olynyk gets cut or is the 3rd stringer (i hope).
Cant believe anything gms say about players.

I think we could though... I think we didn't want to commit financially.