What's new

Trade Rumors Involving the Jazz

Lopo come on. You have accused others of being alts when they disagree with you.

And this is actually a great example of the big problem I think most people have with you. It's not that you have a contrary opinion - it's that you argue so. damn. disingenously. You contradict yourself often. You go on rants about how people here are terrible for personally attacking our players, but then cast that moral bar aside when it comes to Rudy. You argue extremely hypocritically.

As far as UtahJazz32 goes, I think people lump him in with you because he is also frustrating to interact with, but I think it's a different sort of frustration. With you I at least think you're a good person and occassionally feel like it's going somewhere. Interacting with him is like interacting with a 5 year old.
UtahJazz32 is legitimately stupid and he really embraces it.

Lopo is accidentally stupid and he doesnt realize it.

Like UJ32 is the 14 year old version of the Lopo.

Lol. Anything I say about Cy is completely inbounds and acceptable. He is the only person on here I have ever made that joke about.

I have never attacked Rudy personally so I don't understand how I'm contradicting myself. I said that all NBA players are divas to a certain degree, and it's possible that Rudy is the biggest one in our locker room. That's not a personal shot. That was a shot at our chemistry issues.
Are you that stupid you cant realize that if you are accusing SOMEONE ELSE of being my alt, then you arent just making that joke about me...

Like, the insane levels of stupidity you hold without realizing it is just mind-numbing.

Clarkson should be included in that as well. If we keep Don and Rudy, everyone else needs to be on the table to try and improve the roster around them.
I don't know what happens but I'd love to see JB get a legit shot at some pg minutes. I think the kid is a bucket and also showed some nice passing. The weirdest narrative this season was how hard Quin threw cold water on Jared and how all the Utah writers were like " Jared can't play lolz we are trying to win a title and rookies don't play for title teams". Okay cool but smart teams get young players development minutes so they are ready to play come playoffs or next season. Williams for Memphis, Kuminga for GS... just a couple examples this year... you got to get the kid some burn. He's good.

My take on Butler is that he is a middle 2nd round pick and often performed like it. A couple of times he played with the Stars he looked bad, really bad as getting lit up by GLeague journeymen. The ball stopped moving when it touched his hands and he appeared to have no interest in playing D. I can see why Forrest had Quin's trust more. I think he didn't play summer league last year because those warts would have been fully exposed.

I don't know what happens but I'd love to see JB get a legit shot at some pg minutes. I think the kid is a bucket and also showed some nice passing. The weirdest narrative this season was how hard Quin threw cold water on Jared and how all the Utah writers were like " Jared can't play lolz we are trying to win a title and rookies don't play for title teams". Okay cool but smart teams get young players development minutes so they are ready to play come playoffs or next season. Williams for Memphis, Kuminga for GS... just a couple examples this year... you got to get the kid some burn. He's good.
Agreed. We really short-changed JB and he could have had an impact if we had actually worked to prepare him for some minutes in the playoffs. No way in hell he would have been worse than what we already had on the floor.

With Conley likely being traded and Donovan moving to starting point guard, I'm hoping Butler can get all the backup point guard minutes. With Quin I'm definitely not going to hold my breath....Forrest will likely be playing 20 minutes a game next season while Butler rides the pine.

Lopo come on. You have accused others of being alts when they disagree with you.

And this is actually a great example of the big problem I think most people have with you. It's not that you have a contrary opinion - it's that you argue so. damn. disingenously. You contradict yourself often. You go on rants about how people here are terrible for personally attacking our players, but then cast that moral bar aside when it comes to Rudy. You argue extremely hypocritically.

As far as UtahJazz32 goes, I think people lump him in with you because he is also frustrating to interact with, but I think it's a different sort of frustration. With you I at least think you're a good person and occassionally feel like it's going somewhere. Interacting with him is like interacting with a 5 year old.
This is the most level headed and accurate post I may have seen on any internet forum, ever.

My take on Butler is that he is a middle 2nd round pick and often performed like it. A couple of times he played with the Stars he looked bad, really bad as getting lit up by GLeague journeymen. The ball stopped moving when it touched his hands and he appeared to have no interest in playing D. I can see why Forrest had Quin's trust more. I think he didn't play summer league last year because those warts would have been fully exposed.
I think you are loud wrong. He didn't play summer league because we were being stupid about his contract and getting him cleared to play.

He was awesome in pre-season and had some flashes during the season. No one cares about the G League. He has an elite skill... he can get wherever he wants on the basketball court. Once he starts hitting more of his jumpers its gonna be fire. Quin gave him like 5-10 games in a role where he would get two minute stints and sit in the corner. Then mothballed him for Forrest who is fine but just doesn't have upside. The issue got worse because we went full win-now mode and started playing Conley on back to backs because he was healthy... he was healthy because they were managing him well... and of course we ended up kind of grinding him.

On defense he gets his hands on the ball a lot. He makes rookie mistakes and is small but he tries.

Agreed. We really short-changed JB and he could have had an impact if we had actually worked to prepare him for some minutes in the playoffs. No way in hell he would have been worse than what we already had on the floor.
Especially since Forrest was never going to be able to play in the playoffs with his shooting issues. Thybulle is as disruptive of a defender as there is and Philly couldn't leave him out there because they straight ignore him.

It was just weird how he had such a good pre-season and Quin went out of his way to throw cold water on him and any hype... rather than embracing his play and praising him... he was super annoyed by the JB questions. It reminded me of Doc Rivers and Paul Reed a little. Doc fought playing him all year and he ended up being the best option behind Embiid and it wasn't close.

Coaches hate guys that make mistakes and it seemed like Forrest was spending 90% of his time out there just trying not to eff up.

Your decisions are on you. I did nothing but defend one of our players to unreasonable criticism while trying to hold every player accountable for their faults in our demise.

You chose Rudy over Don. I had nothing to do with it.
This is too much. You brought up Kleber’s 8-12 3pt shooting and posted a video where Gobert was drawn into the paint where Dons man went completely by him, and if not for Gobert, it would’ve been a layup drill shot, and that’s how you defend Mitchell. You are a weasel!!! Is that what you call reasonable criticism of Goberts game? Because all that shows is Mitchell throwing Gobert under the bus when in that situation Don or someone else is supposed to rotate onto Kleber.

You are so far off the reservation it’s not funny.

This is too much. You brought up Kleber’s 8-12 3pt shooting and posted a video where Gobert was drawn into the paint where Dons man went completely by him, and if not for Gobert, it would’ve been a layup drill shot, and that’s how you defend Mitchell. You are a weasel!!! Is that what you call reasonable criticism of Goberts game? Because all that shows is Mitchell throwing Gobert under the bus when in that situation Don or someone else is supposed to rotate onto Kleber.

You are so far off the reservation it’s not funny.
The entire point of my posts last night was that everybody got exposed by Dallas. Even yalls white knight Rudy.

"If not for Rudy".... maybe we play a real NBA defense instead of Rudy patrolling the paint while Rudy's guy shoots wide open 3s.

Sent from my SM-A516U using JazzFanz mobile app

Clarkson should be shopped as well. If we keep Don and Rudy, everyone else needs to be on the table to try and improve the roster around them.

I would keep Clarkson, actually. I think his trade value is going to hold pretty steady for another year, and the Jazz will need some guard depth if they move Conley.

I could actually see Clarkson being one of the last players standing after most everyone else is traded and rotated out. Kind of like Brandon Stark at the end of Game of Thrones.

The entire point of my posts last night was that everybody got exposed by Dallas. Even yalls white knight Rudy.

"If not for Rudy".... maybe we play a real NBA defense instead of Rudy patrolling the paint while Rudy's guy shoots wide open 3s.

Sent from my SM-A516U using JazzFanz mobile app

You think because we have Rudy, we have to defend a specific way.

The reality is because we have trash perimeter defenders, Rudy has to defend a specific way.

Which...

A - suits him best which is why we do it
and
B - can be manipulated and exposed by teams who can successfully run a 5 out roster

Trade Rudy. We need a new direction.
I guess the other frustrating thing with talking to Lopo is that I feel like it's borderline impossible to dumb my post down enough in a way where he can understand it.

I guess the other frustrating thing with talking to Lopo is that I feel like it's borderline impossible to dumb my post down enough in a way where he can understand it.
Just talk to me dude and stop looking for followers.

You're saying that we run the defense we run because we have to run the defense we run because everybody else sucks at defense. Am I right?

I'm saying that Rudy is very good at what he does, but what he does won't translate to the playoffs unless we were playing with like 3 Scottie Pippens and Donovan Mitchell.

The reality is probably something in the middle, and we don't have the ability to improve the roster enough around Rudy to make it worth it. Trade him while he has value.

Which...

A - suits him best which is why we do it
and
B - can be manipulated and exposed by teams who can successfully run a 5 out roster

Trade Rudy. We need a new direction.
You don’t know basketball period. No sense in having a real discussion or argument with you when 1. You’re wrong but dig in because you know you’re wrong, or 2. You don’t know basketball, like at all!!