What's new

Trade Rumors Involving the Jazz

Well if you expect this kind of behavior every year to be normal behavior for the average org the ya, the jazz are conservative. They aren’t. Getting Mitchell. Trading up for Burke, purchasing Gobert. Trading Williams for a haul. Getting rid of Sap and Al to make way for the young core. The only real conservative era was the Stockton Malone Era, but those were the best teams the jazz ever had not much reason to be aggressive.
Many of those moves were reckless and didn't turn out for very much. Yes Mitchell was a great move but Trading up for Burke was disaster because they could have drafted Giannis and Rudy without have to purchase Rudy. Trading Williams was a forced decision not some organizational swing for the fences move. It is debatable if we got a haul for it. Do not remember all the details but Favors was an OK player even somewhat disappointing. Never made an All-star team. We let Milsap go for nothing and he was still a better player than Kanter who left shortly after. Al cost us two first round picks and played for the Jazz when they sucked. It was the Jazz organization's answer to Boozer and Okur breaking down. So maybe you are right they are not conservative but they have shown a lot of incompetency. My main point is when they have a good team they have not made that one big move to get to the next step. I am still waiting for a real athletic SF/PF or a regular sized SG. Hopefully, the future will be better and different.

I make another run at it this off-season and see what happens.

Cavs get Conley
Jazz get markkanen, grant, Corey joseph
Detroit gets gay, hernangomez, Alexander and 2 highly protected 1st rounders.

If it doesn’t work we rebuild the team and get some of our picks back. With this trade Jazz look to contend. Mitchell, Royce, bogey, grant, gobert with Clarkson, house, markanen off the bench.

We've ran it back with the exact same, flawed roster for 3 years.
Year one, some growing pains new roster. No need to blow it up or anything after one year. Year two. Best record in the league, with injuries that hampered us in the playoffs. No need to make wide spread changes, minor trade and signings to sure up playoff weaknesses. Year three locker room turmoil and step back no one saw coming. Rumors arise that the jazz could make big changes. Not sure why this is so surprising to you. And we haven’t run it back with the same roster three straight years. Same core different support cast.

Trading up for Burke was disaster because they could have drafted Giannis and Rudy
Hindsight is 20/20 Jazzfanz was overjoyed about the moves and the jazz were given high marks for their work in the draft. Didn’t work out as well as we thought it would. Still, it’s not a conservative move as is what you claim the jazz are.
Do not remember all the details but Favors was an OK player even somewhat disappointing.
He was in the midst of getting pretty good till all the nagging injuries started. The team at that time was young and still trying to learn to win on a consistent basis. Favors and Kanter showed signs of developing into good players. Favors Body broke down, and Kanter couldn’t hold off a future 3 time DPOY.
Williams was a forced decision not some organizational swing for the fences move. It is debatable if we got a haul for it. Do not remember all the details but Favors was an OK player even somewhat disappointing.
Still the correct move. Better then the jazz holding on to Williams and hoping for the best and winding up with nothing, and not drafting well. Still not conservative as you say the jazz are.
We let Milsap go for nothing and he was still a better player than Kanter who left shortly after. Al cost us two first round picks and played for the Jazz when they sucked. It was the Jazz organization's answer to Boozer and Okur breaking down. So maybe you are right they are not conservative but they have shown a lot of incompetency. My main point is when they have a good team they have not made that one big move to get to the next step. I am still waiting for a real athletic SF/PF or a regular sized SG. Hopefully, the future will be better and different.
Kanter took over for Al, Favors took over for Millsap. Millsap wanted out and losing ground to an up and coming young Favors. The jazz were transitioning to a young team and decided to tank and get younger. Neither Millsap or Al were that valuable on the trade market. The jazz didn’t want to add players that would hinder their tank.

View: https://bleacherreport.com/articles/10038623-latest-nba-intel-sources-expect-zach-lavine-to-re-sign-with-chicago-bulls

From Jake Fischer --

The Hawks could be the most natural Gobert trade partner for the Utah Jazz...

There has been plenty of talk among league personnel that some combination of Capela, John Collins, Kevin Huerter and the No. 16 pick could be routed to Utah for the three-time Defensive Player of the Year.

In ongoing trade chatter around the league, Atlanta was believed to have made all players besides Trae Young available, but sources told B/R the team is now expected to retain De'Andre Hunter and agree to terms on a long-term contract extension.

Not sure how to do it, but if Washington wants Conley, get Charlotte involved and send out Conley, Royce and Gay (and try to squeeze whatever else of dead salary in the deal) and take back Hayward. It's a move that reduces our salary. I know everyone wants a "we get younger, we get longer, we get more athletic, needs wings, etc., etc." but it's an okay move basketball wise and it frees up a lot of money. It also gets to put a weird spin on the whole Utah/Ainge/Hayward fiasco.

Not sure how to do it, but if Washington wants Conley, get Charlotte involved and send out Conley, Royce and Gay (and try to squeeze whatever else of dead salary in the deal) and take back Hayward. It's a move that reduces our salary. I know everyone wants a "we get younger, we get longer, we get more athletic, needs wings, etc., etc." but it's an okay move basketball wise and it frees up a lot of money. It also gets to put a weird spin on the whole Utah/Ainge/Hayward fiasco.
So... have heard Locke and TJ both shoot down hayward to Utah. Said neither side wants that. So I think that one is dead.

People thought my KCP/Deni trade for Mike was a little rich. I think its kinda close depending on Washington's goals. Reports are he has value.

I did think of a three team deal:

- We send Bogey/Mike
- We get Deni/KCP/Devonte Grahamn/Hayes or Kira Lewis (this piece I'm struggling with)

-NO sends out Grahamn/Lewis/8
-NO gets Bogey/10

-Was sends 10/kcp/Deni
-Was gets Mike/8

So they move up a hair to get the guy the want and get the pg they need. I don't love it and there is some additional value that needs to come from NO... but there are some iterations of a deal that could be made there.

So... have heard Locke and TJ both shoot down hayward to Utah. Said neither side wants that. So I think that one is dead.
Yeah but this is the Ainge era. He wants to show that you can’t go to Locke and TJ to read the tea leaves. He’s going to bring in Hayward and Kevin Young and fill in the developmental staff from Ryan’s teachers quorum.

Yeah but this is the Ainge era. He wants to show that you can’t go to Locke and TJ to read the tea leaves. He’s going to bring in Hayward and Kevin Young and fill in the developmental staff from Ryan’s teachers quorum.
I think the teachers quorum was already working on the rebrand though.