What's new

Trey Lyles

Trey never liked Utah but he lived there for two years so he should know it is a state and the city is SLC. He sounds like a spoiled kid. He lost me when he was wearing a Laker shirt boarding the bus when we went to LA. I still think he has talent but his attitude and game isn't missed.

I like RJ's comments... "what's wrong with hard work?"

I feel like the Trey Lyles trade is how Jim Gaffigan describes pigs/bacon...

The pig is a miracle... it takes an apple (essentially worthless garbage) and turns it into bacon. DL turned Trey into DM who is basically the opposite of what Lyles is about.

Straw to gold! I imagine we will turn AB into Kwahi this offseason.

RJ is a pro, all class. He knows it's a business and it's wise not burn any bridges. Everyone around the league seems to love him.

Lyles on the other hand is a soft ************. I mean, something must be wrong with you if you prefer playing for Ty "TheTurd" Corbin instead of Quin "Serial Killer" Snyder. For as much talent he may have, he lacked Jazz DNA. It shows how hard is to evaluate fit and personality traits. With Q on board we need to look for hard-workers/tough guys such as Rudy or DM

and thats why his *** was traded, 3hours of practice for the salary you are getting is a blessing. You should treat every day as a blessing and be happy you have the gift of being talented enough for the NBA. You should treat every chance you get with the utmost gratitude and respect. The fact that a rookie contract lasts 3-4 years, and then you might even be out the league like a lot of players are these days. What a bafoon.

The practice thing had to be an exaggeration from Lyles (there is no way Utah had 3 hour practices every day. NBA teams hardly even practice during the season). I really doubt Lyles experience souring in Utah had much to do with long practices. It was probably mostly his minutes and how bad he was in his 2nd season. Probably just not mature enough to admit he wasnt good enough in the 2nd year so he deflected with other stuff.

I find it hilarious that the "tougher" players around the league (Booker, Jefferson, Crowder) all have great things to say about Utah.

Then you get these baby back soft bitches (Kanter, Trey, Gordo, Burke) talking trash about Utah.

Hmmmmmmm..... Interesting group on both sides
I believe Hayward has avoided talking about the Jazz in every possible scenario.

Burke needed his *** kicked, probably ended up hiring someone besides his bum uncle to help train him.

Kanter is a straight up joke, just like Lyles. Good thing they love jokes so much.

I believe Hayward has avoided talking about the Jazz in every possible scenario.

Burke needed his *** kicked, probably ended up hiring someone besides his bum uncle to help train him.

Kanter is a straight up joke, just like Lyles. Good thing they love jokes so much.
Hayward hasn't really said anything negative about the Jazz and nothing really positive since his famous thank you letter. Don't forget Demarre Carrol, Deron Williams, Memo.......the list really goes on. Trey wasn't happy to be drafted here, didn't like the lifestyle, then was forced to practice 3 hours a day, and buried deep on the bench. He had a horrible attitude from the get go which just got worse as he found himself not getting play time. He was very childish. Hell even Kanter and Burke's have backed off their hot takes. It's not for everyone, and not for children. Good riddance, and thank you for Donovan.

Burke hasn't really backed off. His takes aren't really vindictive or childish, he just has to find a way to answer for his failures and kind of scrambles to do that, in my opinion.

Wiles on the counter or straight up ****ing turds though.

Moral of the story is - stop drafting guys who don’t like to work. They don’t pan out in Utah. Find guys that love the grind - Gobert, Mitchell and Jingles are all good examples.

Dante has impressed me with his rehab. Now he needs to focus his energy into getting better at basketball instead of just getting healthy.

Kanter, Burke and Lyles are three guys that came into the league woefully unprepared - either mentally or physically - or both.

They're projecting their own failures on their surroundings.

I'm sure they would have hated anywhere they were playing where they couldn't meet the demands on them.