What's new

Trey Lyles

Don't no one misunderstand me - I don't want Lyles > Mitchell...

But man this year's Lyles is the guy I wanted next to Gobert. Starting to rebound the ball, space the floor and still get to the rim in the flow of the offense.

Unfortunately, Lyles needed to be traded/dumped to gain the maturity and focus needed to be a contributing professional.

If he was still here with Mitchell, our future would be rather bright. Or if we could have drafted Kuzma over Bradley somehow. Oh well, we gotta find a PF somewhere.

Don't no one misunderstand me - I don't want Lyles > Mitchell...

But man this year's Lyles is the guy I wanted next to Gobert. Starting to rebound the ball, space the floor and still get to the rim in the flow of the offense.

Same. Dude had potential. Starting to find his game now.

Surely it is appropriate to bump this thread.

I promise to make this the last time though.

I hope for Lyles' sake his place in the NBA is now assured. Personally I think DL got it right - LYLES > BOOKER (and Mitchell > Lyles)

Jazz fans should probably drop the **** talking on Lyles, and stop laughing about the mitchell trade. Obviously mitchell is much better and could be for real great... but Lyles, playing the way he's played recently, would easily be our second best player. He's a far better prospect than really anyone we have outside mitchell and gobert. He looked great in his rookie season. Seems like he just came into his second year out of shape and was just awful, but he's turned it around and you have to give him a lot of credit. wish we could have traded anyone else.

Sometimes it takes a trade to serve as a wakeup call. Lyles was given every opportunity to be a major part of the rotation last season. With Favs in and out of the lineup, Trey could have easily averaged 25-30 mins. had he shown he wanted to play. He was a chucker and just didn't want to play team basketball. Glad Denver liked him. No regerts; DM is the man and we got the better of the deal.

Sometimes it takes a trade to serve as a wakeup call. Lyles was given every opportunity to be a major part of the rotation last season. With Favs in and out of the lineup, Trey could have easily averaged 25-30 mins. had he shown he wanted to play. He was a chucker and just didn't want to play team basketball. Glad Denver liked him. No regerts; DM is the man and we got the better of the deal.

I get this attitude. But I hope the Jazz hadn't given up on him, but rather were prepared to pay the price to get Mitchell. Lyles has the chance to be one of the most versatile and effective (offensive) bigs in the world.

Elite potential is still the most important attribute a young player can have.

I'm starting to think we didnt play Lyles because of Hayward. We made so many bad decisions because of Hayward. That weak *** heartless player should have been traded years ago.

Sent from my VS995 using JazzFanz mobile app

He sucked because he didn't get to play consistently. Some people are fine giving Hood and Mitchell this extremely long leash, but we cant for Lyles? Why?

The kid always had talent that we didn't know how to tap into.

Sent from my VS995 using JazzFanz mobile app

He sucked because he didn't get to play consistently.
He had every opportunity. He was selected for a reason, and he was groomed. He just ****ing sucked.

He needed a kick in the pants to get going. He wasn't going to play like this on the Jazz.

Meh, Lyles is okay, he just didn't want to play defense and probably did/say something to get in the dog house. Good player, good riddance

Sent from my SM-N915V using JazzFanz mobile app

Jazz fans should probably drop the **** talking on Lyles, and stop laughing about the mitchell trade. Obviously mitchell is much better and could be for real great... but Lyles, playing the way he's played recently, would easily be our second best player. He's a far better prospect than really anyone we have outside mitchell and gobert. He looked great in his rookie season. Seems like he just came into his second year out of shape and was just awful, but he's turned it around and you have to give him a lot of credit. wish we could have traded anyone else.
He would not have turned it around for us.

He wasn't working hard at all. He wasn't trying on and off the court. Even watching his warmups before the game and half time he just goofed around and threw up stupid shots. Many people thought he would grow up and be more mature and start working a little harder or be out of the league. It looks like it took being dumped for a pick motivated him.

That's great for him but does not mean we should have kept him, nor that he would be playing well for us.

He would not have turned it around for us.

He wasn't working hard at all. He wasn't trying on and off the court. Even watching his warmups before the game and half time he just goofed around and threw up stupid shots. Many people thought he would grow up and be more mature and start working a little harder or be out of the league. It looks like it took being dumped for a pick motivated him.

That's great for him but does not mean we should have kept him, nor that he would be playing well for us.

Very well said. He showed no maturity here and needed a wake up call. His current approach to the game is exactly what we need in a 4

I don’t think Lyles fit this system. He’s still the same player in Denver. Rewatch the game and see how many times he passes when passed to. It works in Denver that way but not here. And on top of it he was a defensive liability. I do wish however we had given him more time. But we got D-Mitch for him so I am grateful.

Sent from my iPhone using JazzFanz

The one nice thing about Lyles playing better is Denver will take DLs calls prior to the draft. Maybe Lyles is the only player Denver was interested in (that DL was willing to trade) - it got us freaking Mitchell so noone should have any remorse about the deal.