What's new

Trey Lyles

He would not have turned it around for us.

He wasn't working hard at all. He wasn't trying on and off the court. Even watching his warmups before the game and half time he just goofed around and threw up stupid shots. Many people thought he would grow up and be more mature and start working a little harder or be out of the league. It looks like it took being dumped for a pick motivated him.

That's great for him but does not mean we should have kept him, nor that he would be playing well for us.

Agree. I understand why he was traded and it was the right move for us. Obviously. We got God in return. But my point was to say Jazz fans have been obsessed with Lyles and constantly brag about the denver trade, dissing lyles, on nba forums and twitter. And like. Now it's embarrassing so please drop the grudge and accept the fact that he's very good.

wrong.

hood is fundamentally sound. He's forcing too much.
He doesn't do anything particularly well but shoot, and he's wildly inconsistent. He is a simply atrocious defender, and I've yet to see him show any kind of passable skill on that end of the floor. He shows some skill with the ball in his hands and from mid-range, but his decision-lag often closes the windows he creates for himself or others.

Perhaps most importantly, he is most-frequently absent when he needs to be relied upon against good competition and has missed however many dozens of games because of anxiety. He is physically and mentally as soft as they come.

If you're relying on Hood for anything, you have a bad team. For all of your negativity, it is downright bizarre how much you homer for a guy with a below-average PER, negative VORP, and misses 1/3 of his games from phantom injuries.

Last edited:
Hood is a tremendously and fundamentally flawed player, and his situation doesn't mirror that of Lyles in almost any way.

I wasn't comparing Lyles to Hood, rather just stating the "what if" Hood blew up elsewhere if we didn't extend him that's all... got it now?

There was years of debates about his shooting here.... He's now at 47% from 3 on 3.1 attempts per game and it's January 7th.

I think he would be helping our Jazz right about now, but he was a tubby lard *** when he played for us lol

I think he would be helping our Jazz right about now, but he was a tubby lard *** when he played for us lol

He CAN shoot tho... No one here dug their feet in the ground on that topic like me, this is a perfect example of why I remain stubborn.. I am not an instant gratification seeker, y'all need to see the scene in Vanilla Sky where Tom Cruise explains that he's a 'pleasure delayer', there's great wisdom from that mindset that can be applied to oh so many common situations....

If we're being real here too, some decided to channel their anger at Kentucky because of Lyles shooting last season, but if we're being objective now, we can say that not only Lyles but UK's Enes Kanter is much better off playing on another team, not that they are bad NBA players...

Agree. I understand why he was traded and it was the right move for us. Obviously. We got God in return. But my point was to say Jazz fans have been obsessed with Lyles and constantly brag about the denver trade, dissing lyles, on nba forums and twitter. And like. Now it's embarrassing so please drop the grudge and accept the fact that he's very good.
Trey Lyles is Carlos Boozer lite. That's not "very good".

Lets but a book end on this discussion....

https://www.deseretnews.com/article...yles-rips-on-Utah-Quin-Snyders-practices.html

“So,” Jefferson said, “you got drafted by Utah? Then you …”

“Unfortunately,” said Lyles, interrupting him.

“Let’s talk about why you didn’t want to go to Utah,” Jefferson said after the 12th pick of the 2015 draft mentioned that he would’ve preferred to be drafted by Denver.

“I don’t know,” Lyles said. “I just didn’t like it.”

and ...

Lyles, grumbling: “So y’all didn’t practice? Y’all didn’t do nothing, yeah. See, we had practice every day (under Quin Snyder). I thought I was in Kentucky again.”

Jefferson, sarcastically: “You had practice every day? Oh, sorry for making you work hard. Sorry. What’s wrong with working hard, Trey?”

Lyles: “I didn’t say nothing about working hard. Three-hour practices? C’mon now.”

Good-bye Chucker.

holy ****. his comments about utah... he is a piece of ****. RJ is very professional. Glad he has a ring.

I'd be salty too if my employer traded me for another employee that then went ahead and performed literally twice as well at my job.

27oi7k.jpg