What's new

Udunka bout to get some-Today 1:00 PM

Just the worst. Who's the ******* that landed under his feet? Looks on purpose.

You can tell Udoka saw it coming to as he lifted up his left leg pretty high to avoid landing on the guys feet, but you gotta come down on something.

Let's say its the Hayward injury... we get to decide whether to spend the next year and a half to get him healthy so that we can then help him develop. That's not a tough decision for me but I also wouldn't draft a backup center with a first if there were decent wings on the board.
Or guards.

I feel for the kid but I’m also trying to bite my tongue about what a joke drafting him was.

It’s fine though, we won’t get a 1st rounder or trade one for two more years. It's not like half of the rotation are guys well over 30, or have chronic back problems, so we wont need to worry about restocking the cupboard. Just keep drafting centers no matter how many we have, or trading picks for stop-gap PGs.

I did a bad job biting my tongue. File this under I’m an *******.

Anyway, I truly feel sorry for the kid.

does your work filter out horrific gruesome injury videos?
It will let a video play that is directly embedded in JF but it won't let twitter content through, nor can I go to twitter. I will just have to pull it up on mobile.

Let's say its the Hayward injury... we get to decide whether to spend the next year and a half to get him healthy so that we can then help him develop. That's not a tough decision for me but I also wouldn't draft a backup center with a first if there were decent wings on the board.
I hate to be that guy...but maybe we let some other team take on that investment to get under the tax.

Don't draft a backup C when there are decent wings are on the board....but definitely don't draft a backup C when you pay your starting C $205M, his backup the full MLE, and his backup's backup is better than the C you drafted.

Or guards.

I feel for the kid but I’m also trying to bite my tongue about what a joke drafting him was.

It’s fine though, we won’t get a 1st rounder or trade one for two more years. It's not like half of the rotation are guys well over 30, or have chronic back problems, so we wont need to worry about restocking the cupboard. Just keep drafting centers no matter how many we have, or trading picks for stop-gap PGs.

I did a bad job biting my tongue. File this under I’m an *******.

Anyway, I truly feel sorry for the kid.
I'm trying hard too... and kind of failing. Bane looks like a legit rotation piece already, Tillman too... he was more ready to play so you could justify him coming in to be backup immediately. None of this is hindsight... I said it at the time. Woodard just had a good first G League game.

I hate to be that guy...but maybe we let some other team take on that investment to get under the tax.

Don't draft a backup C when there are decent wings are on the board....but definitely don't draft a backup C when you pay your starting C $205M, his backup the full MLE, and his backup's backup is better than the C you drafted.
If this is the Hayward injury I'd do it in a second. Its not just about this year's money... its about hopefully keeping this together and avoiding a massive repeater tax in two years.

And agree on everything else you said.

He did have 11 boards and a couple of blocks before this and I believe was the only Starr player with a + in the box score.

Damn, I was hoping he'd crack the rotation if only for a few minutes a game.

Hopefully he recovers and gets healthy again. This sucks!

I'm trying hard too... and kind of failing. Bane looks like a legit rotation piece already, Tillman too... he was more ready to play so you could justify him coming in to be backup immediately. None of this is hindsight... I said it at the time. Woodard just had a good first G League game.
We're gonna be belly aching about not drafting him (or Maledon) for years. He's a legit good ****ing player and was on opening night as a rookie. Yeah, maybe he would play the Oni role this year, or be behind him on the depth chart, but my ish about the cupboard is really a thing. Like, the heights of this year are LIKELY to be a flash in the pan given Conley's contract status, that Joe and Bojan are only going to get worse, the Jazz are going to be in the luxury tax, have nothing for draft assets, and probably the same for developmental projects (it's hard for me to know the difference between the excitement basketball junkies have for their end-of-bench dudes and which of them are something to legit be excited about).

But yeah, it's fine. Hopefully one of our projects becomes a homerun or some other wonderful good luck falls out of the sky, because that's exactly what it's going to take to sustain this team's success moving forward.

For my own sanity, it would really help if Hughes becomes a legit rotation player.

We're gonna be belly aching about not drafting him (or Maledon) for years. He's a legit good ****ing player and was on opening night as a rookie. Yeah, maybe he would play the Oni role this year, or be behind him on the depth chart, but my ish about the cupboard is really a thing. Like, the heights of this year are LIKELY to be a flash in the pan given Conley's contract status, that Joe and Bojan are only going to get worse, the Jazz are going to be in the luxury tax, have nothing for draft assets, and probably the same for developmental projects (it's hard for me to know the difference between the excitement basketball junkies have for their end-of-bench dudes and which of them are something to legit be excited about).

But yeah, it's fine. Hopefully one of our projects becomes a homerun or some other wonderful good luck falls out of the sky, because that's exactly what it's going to take to sustain this team's success moving forward.

For my own sanity, it would really help if Hughes becomes a legit rotation player.
We don't know how badly he is injured yet. The Jazz and Stars ain't talking right now.

We don't know how badly he is injured yet. The Jazz and Stars ain't talking right now.
I mean his leg melted and he’s a huge dude. A towel over the leg. If I was a betting man I’d bet he isn’t on a basketball court for 6 months on the optimistic end.

From what Tony Jones has said, it seems like it was down to Dok, Bane (starting and leading league in 3pt%), and McDaniels (in Minny's rotation and is showing potential, especially rim protection). But apparently their clear choice was Dok, so we just gotta hope for the best...

From what Tony Jones has said, it seems like it was down to Dok, Bane (starting and leading league in 3pt%), and McDaniels (in Minny's rotation and is showing potential, especially rim protection). But apparently their clear choice was Dok, so we just gotta hope for the best...
Is this prior to the draft this info came out, or one of those after the fact “oh yeah we meant to grab Kuzma instead of TB but the Lakers took him,” or “yeah we were really high on Dort and almost drafted him”?

Is this prior to the draft this info came out, or one of those after the fact “oh yeah we meant to grab Kuzma instead of TB but the Lakers took him,” or “yeah we were really high on Dort and almost drafted him”?
Before the draft Bane/McDaniels were mentioned. Especially McDaniels. After the draft they said Dok was their very clear target.

Best wishes out to Dok. Regardless of what this means for the team (and we'll have plenty of chances to discuss this in the future), this is a major tragedy in the kid's life. Hope he can heal and overcome.