What's new

Ultimate place to live...

OK... maybe not.

avatar-aufbruch-nach-pandora-szenebild-2.jpg

I have never been to San Fransisco, but why all the love? Isn't everything crazy expensive, and isn't the crime through the roof? What am I missing?

Of all the American cities I've been to (DC, Seattle, LA, Baltimore-- admittedly not too many) San Francisco was by far the one that my family along with myself enjoyed the most. Awesome city.

A fat *** house on the beach in Del Mar, CA

Del Mar is the worst corner of the most over-rated city in the world. The people are suspicious, the food sucks, etc.

Of all the American cities I've been to (DC, Seattle, LA, Baltimore-- admittedly not too many) San Francisco was by far the one that my family along with myself enjoyed the most. Awesome city.

SF is fun to visit, but I'd wager you'd feel different about living there. In fact, I think any place currently wrapped up in the frenzy of tech-boom-town mentality is annoying as ****. I have a lot of very good friends there, and even the most unlikely of them have disappeared into their phones and dream of oil. I mean, apps. Bleh.

London has the same problem as New York City - it's a finance capital. So a bunch of overpriced Finance jobs make everything else expensive. When you take out the finance jobs in New York City, the average salary is ~ 60k. So basically the equivalent of 35-40k in Utah. And that's including all the doctors and lawyers and stuff. You could easily live in London as long as whatever you are going into has jobs there.

And if not London, the rest of Britian's large cities aren't that expensive. Their economy sucks.

This thread is assuming money, jobs, kids are not an issue I think.

I thought you were making a Dalamon joke the first time you mentioned that place. That does look cool. Though the most offensive thing to me in the entire world are beaches that don't have surf so I think I would go mad if I lived there.

[size/HUGE] fixed [/size];680355 said:
Wellington, New Zealand
Buenos Aires, Argentina
Salta, Argentina !!!
Los Angeles, CA !!!
somewhere in Western Montana

This.

A good friend of mine owns about 400,000 acres of beautiful land in Patagonia (both Argentina and Chile). I haven't been yet, but plan to go soon.

This.

A good friend of mine owns about 400,000 acres of beautiful land in Patagonia (both Argentina and Chile). I haven't been yet, but plan to go soon.

Salta is actually up in the northwest of Argentina. It resembles Bolivia more than Patagonia. But, **** yeah, man, patagonia is awesome. Make sure you visit Torres Del Pines. Amazing.

[size/HUGE] fixed [/size];680377 said:
Salta is actually up in the northwest of Argentina. It resembles Bolivia more than Patagonia. But, **** yeah, man, patagonia is awesome. Make sure you visit Torres Del Pines. Amazing.

Oh, yeah.. I was agreeing with Salta and adding Patagonia as another alternative. This guy has 50,000 acres of Chilean coastline that includes a place where 11 waterfalls fall into the ocean and blue whales (at that location) migrate there to calf. Only thing on the property is a small cabin and a landing strip that can accommodate up to 737's.. lol.

Julia Roberts stayed in the cabin with her twins when they were born so she could escape paparazzi. (not that I give two ****s about that, but...)

This.

I believe that is where George W. Bush and that whole crowd have been snatching up tons of property over the past few decades.

LOL... I don't even think Wellingtonians themselves like living there, not to mention the rest of the country.

So now you speak for all New Zealand residents. I bet that was one hell of an election.

[size/HUGE] fixed [/size];680558 said:
Don't worry. Hotttnickkk doesn't actually live in NZ. Ignore.

Lol. You don't say. He had me fooled.