What's new

Utah vs. Boise in Las Vegas Bowl

But whatever, I'll play your game. You are posted that I am saying BYU never wanted Langi. That is not true and you are a liar for posting it.

Conan, you do realize that there's a difference between lying and being mistaken, right? To quote Napoleon: "Never ascribe to malice that which can adequately be explained by incompetence."

Go back a few posts to Conan's quote:

Let's pretend that you're not trying to win an argument and be honest with each other. You know damn well what's going on at Bingham. And for the record, I didn't accuse Bingham of any cheating or wrongdoing. Just like Sklyine did for so long and even Northridge a few years back when they were winning multiple titles with Fred Fernandez, Bingham is very good at taking the current system of rules and manipulating them in their favor when it comes to getting talented players who may not live within school boundries.

Now, I'll still conceed this portion of the argument to you because I obviously cannot provide all of the home addresses for all of the Bingham players (but you knew that when you asked that idiotic question, didn't you?). Because having access to the home addresses of over 100 teenage boys seems, well it seems just a little bit creepy. Seems like something more up your ally.

What a cop out...

So basically, you say that "they" have its "choice" of athletes on the Wasatch front, as if recruiting was legal in HS athletics, then you cannot describe who "they" are, what they do, how they do it, and to what extent. As if the "best" programs in Utah got the most athletes outside their boundaries since... Well, they're successful programs, right? In HS unlike college, there's no real limit to the amount of players one can have on their team. So if recruiting is rampant, wouldn't you think that a successful team like Bingham would have many more recruits than a losing team like Orem?

Again, I think you're letting opinion substitute for facts in this matter.

Conan, you do realize that there's a difference between lying and being mistaken, right? To quote Napoleon: "Never ascribe to malice that which can adequately be explained by incompetence."

There are a lot of great lines from that movie but I don't remember that one. :p

Napoleon, don't be jealous that I've been chatting online with babes all day. Besides, we both know that I'm training to be a cage fighter

:p

Sure, but what if it's a combination of malice and incompetence?

Feel free to try reasoning with these guys. Go back and read yourself and you'll see I tried to correct them. They don't take kindly to the truth.

A lot of mods in this thread all the sudden. Wonder how that happened. :D

What are you talking about? Bronco making one post yesterday, and me making one post today (OK, more than one, now) constitute "a lot of mods"??

For what it's worth, Bronco almost always enters into Utah/BYU threads because he's a big Utah fan. And I teach at BYU so I also frequently enter into Utah/BYU threads.

Well, they don't take kindly to being called liars, that's for sure. Can't say I blame them.
I didn't say the truth wouldn't hurt. But just to be clear, are you saying calling someone a liar isn't ok around here even if they are lying?

Oh and maybe use your powers and do a search and find out who first started throwing the word "liar" around anyway. Results might surprise you.

What are you talking about? Bronco making one post yesterday, and me making one post today (OK, more than one, now) constitute "a lot of mods"??

For what it's worth, Bronco almost always enters into Utah/BYU threads because he's a big Utah fan. And I teach at BYU so I also frequently enter into Utah/BYU threads.
Hmmmm, you come in lecturing about "liar" usuage and I have a PM from another mod saying much the same. Ya, just a big coincidence I'm sure. :D

I didn't say the truth wouldn't hurt. But just to be clear, are you saying calling someone a liar isn't ok around here even if they are lying?

I think unless you've got darn good evidence that there was malicious intent, calling someone a liar when they might just be mistaken/misinterpreting something is extremely rude.

Oh and maybe use your powers and do a search and find out who first started throwing the word "liar" around anyway. Results might surprise you.

Do two wrongs make a right?

Hmmmm, you come in lecturing about "liar" usuage and I have a PM from another mod saying much the same. Ya, just a big coincidence I'm sure. :D

Great minds think alike, perhaps. There hasn't been any sort of discussion of this thread in the mod forum, as far as I know. I don't even know who that other moderator is.

I think unless you've got darn good evidence that there was malicious intent, calling someone a liar when they might just be mistaken/misinterpreting something is extremely rude.
Are you new here or something? Try telling jazzgal12 or Salty that they are mistaken and then take time to explain it over and over again. See how far that gets you. Lemme know. When someone continues to spout falsehoods in the face of continued correction it has gone way beyond "being mistaken". Sorry, colton, guess what . . . some people lie in this forum. GASP! Now I'll call them on it every time. And if that's rude then so be it. If it's against the rules then fine I'll stop. But it doesn't make it any less true.

Do two wrongs make a right?
My point is that it was being thrown around long before I said it. But all the sudden I use it and hell starts breaking loose. I find that interesting and very telling on a few levels.

My point is that it was being thrown around long before I said it. But all the sudden I use it and hell starts breaking loose. I find that interesting and very telling on a few levels.

Yup I'm sure that's it. Inconsistency be damned.

Think about what you are implying:
(a) There's a conspiracy among the mods against you. (An incompetent one, moreover, since afaik you only have one infraction.)
(b) That I'm lying when I say that there's no conspiracy.

Or am I missing something?

Walk away Conan, or you might start getting confused with Hopper.
Even if you think you are right, letting go is often the best medicine.
:)

Think about what you are implying:
(a) There's a conspiracy among the mods against you. (An incompetent one, moreover, since afaik you only have one infraction.)
(b) That I'm lying when I say that there's no conspiracy.

Or am I missing something?
LOL! You definitely are missing something. I'm not into the Salty conspiracy thing. My only implication is that someone reported a post. And I know who because a mod told me he has done it before. That's all. Relax big fella.

The consistency remark has to do with people throwing "liar" around before today and no one said anything.