What's new

Want To Win Some Money? Take The Knicks On Wednesday Night

We can see that you're a loyal and dedicated Knicks fan...and a Carmelo fan, who hasn't played for the Knicks in like three years. Hang in there!

And congrats on having as many wins as the Cleveland Cavaliers!

Last edited:
The Knicks will be on the second night of a back to back on the road. Anyone can beat anyone on any given night, but those are the toughest circumstances to play in.

Sent from my SM-G973U using JazzFanz mobile app

Knicks playing LA at 8:30 pm MST tonight before having to come in here for a 7:00 pm game tomorrow.

I’m really rooting for the Knicks tonight, though.

For a guy who is so against alcohol you sure seem drunk. But seriously, I'm a troll expert (I have a tv show about troll hunting) and this is a pretty lousy troll job. Just sayin.

Nah! Embrace it! I love this account. It's well-written, funny, self-aware. He's not really a troll so much as a character.

This is not a thread about betting. I believe all betting (and alcohol) should be banned in America. Prohibition was the greatest thing the US ever did. They should have doubled down and eliminated betting. My point is not about betting.

My point is this: the Knicks will kill the Jazz this Wednesday night.
My point is this: the Knicks are a far better team than when we started this season
My point is this: the Knicks are a better team than the Jazz
My Point is this: you will see about five Knick players who are better than everybody on the Jazz
My point is this: we will crush you on Wednesday night

If you want to make money, take the 11 points that the Jazz are giving to the Knicks and bet every cent you have. The Knicks are a very, very good team.

We started off 4-18. Insanely awful. But since we fired our coach we have been playing .500 ball. The way to read that is we are getting better...and better...and BETTER! Right now I place us as the fourth best team in the league.

We are far better than the Jazz. We will destroy you Wednesday night. Mitchell Robinson alone can beat your entire team. I swear it, five of you against one of us (Mitchell Robinson) and you wouldn't stand a chance. Don't believe me? just wait till Wednesday night. You will be humiliated.

And you call yourself a Melo fan. GTFO

"Then there's Thunder forward Carmelo Anthony.

Anthony too went through a riesling phase, not long after he became intrigued by wine in 2007, back when he played for the Nuggets. He would soon begin vacationing at wine-rich regions around the globe. He'd stock up at a wine shop in Sacramento, savor early vintages of Dominus. He tried an '86 Petrus, a vintage Bordeaux worth thousands of dollars, and, in his words, there was "no going back" -- but then a friend persuaded him to give burgundies a chance, and though Anthony at first found them too intricate, he soon fell for those too. Now those varietals populate the six-bottle wine case Anthony lugs around the league.

As Anthony dove deeper into wine, he began engaging in blind tastings, tasting groups. He began priding himself on being able to pair wine with any dish. He became driven to pick up the tasting notes in any glass. "If a master sommelier gets 12 out of 12," Anthony declares about tasting notes, "I want to get three." And so he kept probing, developing his palate, until now, he says proudly and with a huge smile, "I can give you three."

Today, Anthony looks around the NBA and sees a blooming trend but admits some players might be intimidated by the vastness of the wine world. "You gotta find your own palate," Anthony preaches. "It's like art. Like everybody can't go buy the Basquiats and the Rembrandts, the big pieces. That's how I look at wine, you gotta figure out what you like."

When he was traded to the Knicks in 2011, Anthony began attending and hosting "two-bottle Sunday" New York City dinners with high-ranking aficionados -- those whose collections, he says, are valued in the millions. The mandate at such dinners: bring top-flight bottles.

"Here's a story," Anthony begins, sitting in the Thunder's practice facility on a chilly December morning. A few years ago, maybe 2014, he attended a dinner at the home of one of the East Coast's biggest collectors, along with about 80 others, all well versed in vino, and everyone was asked to bring his or her very best bottle. Oh my god, Anthony thought to himself. I don't want to be "that guy." Because I know those guys are coming with '50s, '60s, '70s. They'd go deep into their cellars, bringing the heat. Then it hit him: champagne. Always classy, always a safe bet. So he brought a Dom Pérignon Brut Rosé magnum, late 1990s.

At the end of the night, there was a contest to select the best bottle. And? Anthony grins now. He placed in the top three."

http://www.espn.com/espn/feature/story/_/id/22358028/the-nba-obsession-wine

At MSG, how much is that setting you back? Like $25-$30, you are much nicer than I.
Uhhh, last time I was there, I was (not proud) blackout drunk. Years ago, but I imagine I spent the equivalent of twelve pretzels on beer there. Oh capricious youth...