What's new

What could we trade Bogie for ?

I agree that it makes no sense to consider a trade right now. Don’t mess with a team playing this well. Plus, I cannot think of any legitimate player we could get for a package around Bojan. Given his age he would go to a “win now” team, who wouldn’t be trading a major asset, or a rebuilding team trying to get off a long-term contract, which likely isn’t a great player.

Come on! Don’t mess with the ingredients. Yeah he’s not playing well right now. But we are winning. Don’t **** with it. He still does things that helps us. Just him being an elite shooter means teams have to respect him which makes spacing for our team.

This thread is dumber than a sack of dog turds, and so is anybody who thinks we should mess with the chemistry of this team in any way.

Remember when the dummies on this board wanted to trade Mike Conely for a 2nd rounder last year? Bojan will be just fine and you don't dump good players just because they are in a slump.

It blows my mind that we are seeing such amazing basketball, the likes of which we haven't seen since John and Karl, and some fans still find something stupid to complain about. This glass isn't half full, it's overflowing. Be grateful and pray to the basketball gods that this lasts as long as possible, just the way it is.

I see people here dont know much about basketball. Bogdanović had a stretch of 6 or 7 really good games, and now hes had like 2 or 3 bad games. Thats basketball in general, especially in the NBA where you play 3 or 4 games a week. You go through good and bad stretches (more so cause Bogdanović is a shooter, hes not Giannis so he can get 10 dunks every game). Not everybody is Lebron and can put 25-30 easily every night. But lets assume you do trade Bogdanović for somebody (doesnt matter who) and Utah then goes on a 4 or 5 games losing streak. Every single coach,GM,player and a fan would say that you are a complete idiot for fukcing up something that worked perfectly. Luckily , Quin and his staff are not complete idiots, if people writing here were making decisions they would probably trade their whole team 5 times over during a course of an entire season. Plus Utah is still winning. every.single.game. Only a moron thinks "things are going perfectly, we are winning all the time, lets change our team" WHaaaat??? I mean, Clarkson didnt have a great game, sure he scored 18, but 7/23 is hardly a decent game, should he get traded as well?

Last edited:
Whoever wants to trade Bogey is a classic Minivan idiot. The Jazz have the best record in team history, are winning almost every game by double digits, and you want to trade someone? The chemistry is great and Bogey hasn't been as bad as you're picturing him.
Exactly. I don't see a reason to trade anybody in the primary rotation.

Maybe we could trade a contract from the end of the bench to save some luxury tax dollars, but outside of that, why do anything?

Also, Bojan is still a threat from the outside. Defenses have to respect his shooting. He should have more of an impact when the game slows down in the playoffs.

Sent from my SM-G970U using JazzFanz mobile app

People acting like Bogey is straight garbage. Stop it.

The dude is shooting 41.6% from the field and 38.7% from three this season.

Last season he shot 44.7% from the field and 41.4% from three.

The guy had surgery on his shooting wrist and his number are 3% off from last season when most of this forum considered him a great signing. Sometimes I can't even take this board seriously.

The outlook of him and Favs making 30mil combined for each of the next two seasons is not good. But at least things are clicking for the Jazz at the moment. It's just something that they will have to work out during this summer

Last edited:
I think we need to get him going, but I think the way we're doing it isn't good. We try to get him post ups and other non-threes to have him "see the ball go through the basket," but he shoots a lower percentage on those shots than he does threes. If we want to get him going, we need to set a few screens for him and have him catch-and-shoot a lot of threes. The way we're approaching it is complicating it because when we "try to get him going" by putting him in situations where he turns the ball over, that's definitely going to do the opposite of getting him going psychologically.

I think we need to get him going, but I think the way we're doing it isn't good. We try to get him post ups and other non-threes to have him "see the ball go through the basket," but he shoots a lower percentage on those shots than he does threes. If we want to get him going, we need to set a few screens for him and have him catch-and-shoot a lot of threes. The way we're approaching it is complicating it because when we "try to get him going" by putting him in situations where he turns the ball over, that's definitely going to do the opposite of getting him going psychologically.
This. They need to stop the post-ups they have been running for him, at least until his confidence comes back. I get that the matchup might dictate it is the correct basketball play, but when the player is struggling in that situation you need to get him in situations that help him see success. Then when he is more back to his old self he can go back to the post-up game when the matchup warrants it. But right now he is just a turnover machine in those situations.

Can you just imagine what Jerami Grant would look like on this team instead of Bojan.
That would look nice... not as nice as your mom looks in that skimpy bikini I bought her but still very nice.

* I have nothing against you or your mother but would like to randomly keep sending stray bullets her way because I'm kinda bored.

This. They need to stop the post-ups they have been running for him, at least until his confidence comes back. I get that the matchup might dictate it is the correct basketball play, but when the player is struggling in that situation you need to get him in situations that help him see success. Then when he is more back to his old self he can go back to the post-up game when the matchup warrants it. But right now he is just a turnover machine in those situations.
I don't think the post ups are as big of an issue as the drives right now. They end in a lot of missed layups or turnovers that lead to fast breaks on the other end. He also needs to start making some damn shots. Last night he forced a ton... for instance when we have some momentum and he pulls up from 8 feet behind the line early in the clock... you are struggling... no need to just YOLO a 30 footer at that point.

I don't think the post ups are as big of an issue as the drives right now. They end in a lot of missed layups or turnovers that lead to fast breaks on the other end. He also needs to start making some damn shots. Last night he forced a ton... for instance when we have some momentum and he pulls up from 8 feet behind the line early in the clock... you are struggling... no need to just YOLO a 30 footer at that point.
I put the post-ups in the same category as the drives, but worse because it is a purposeful clear-out by everyone else to let him work. The drives are more spontaneous and he just needs to stop those, but the post-ups are a set play to exploit the match-up, which is why I called it out. Plus he posted up like 3 times last night and all 3 ended in turnovers. 100%. That is some terrible ish there. But yes, he needs to stop this **** and just focus on fixing his shot. Setting up for that side-step 3 in the corner is enough for now to stretch the D and open up the middle. That is all that is required. We have enough dudes to run it into the teeth of the D that don't just drop the ball off to the defender.

The dream trade for me would have been Aaron Gordon, we might have been able to work something out before the season but that ship has sailed. AG guards everyone....guards, wings, and bigs. It doesn't matter. He's also a smart player who would fit into our offense great with his decision making. Shooting is obviously a question mark, but he gives so much on the court and I think he could blossom like Oladipo and Harris once he gets out of cancerous Orlando.