What's new

What could we trade Bogie for ?

I don't think the post ups are as big of an issue as the drives right now. They end in a lot of missed layups or turnovers that lead to fast breaks on the other end. He also needs to start making some damn shots. Last night he forced a ton... for instance when we have some momentum and he pulls up from 8 feet behind the line early in the clock... you are struggling... no need to just YOLO a 30 footer at that point.
I actually like the post ups. Hell, against Philly when our shots weren't falling i think bogey scored on about 4 post ups.

The drives are a much bigger problem

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using JazzFanz mobile app

Bogie looks a lot better with Conley running the offense. The drives work better when Bogie is moving rather than getting the ball THEN revving up. He needs to be going downhill first. Basically playing him with Joe is difficult because Joe lives in his spots and the two really aren't interchangeable.

I did like the Bogie attempt on the patented Ingles look off. That would probably be open all day on a less scrappy team than the Clippers nobodies.

We need Bojan around the basket at times because he is money from the line.

His post up game isn't a problem, it's usually driving to the hoop against a set defense that is the issue.

Last edited:
At this point, you'd probably have to offer Bogey and a moderately protected FRP to discuss Randle with the Knicks, and the Knicks would say no.
Dallas could give the Jazz Tim Hardaway Jr.'s expiring deal. They could use a shooter like Bogey. That's not going to help the Jazz though.
Golden State would offer Kelly Oubre in a heartbeat, but the Jazz wouldn't touch that.

Jazz could ask Chicago how they feel about Lauri Markkanen's next contract, but Lauri's been playing pretty well. Bulls would have to throw in Thad Young to match salary.

If it means he eventually gets his drive back, I say let him drive and turn the ball over as much as needed.

If that pushes some of you into lunacy, all the better. If I had an entire pocket full of *****, I wouldn’t give one. Some of you minus-minds also would have traded Joe during his slumps.

The dream trade for me would have been Aaron Gordon, we might have been able to work something out before the season but that ship has sailed. AG guards everyone....guards, wings, and bigs. It doesn't matter. He's also a smart player who would fit into our offense great with his decision making. Shooting is obviously a question mark, but he gives so much on the court and I think he could blossom like Oladipo and Harris once he gets out of cancerous Orlando.

Gordon's lack of shooting is too much of a problem, imo.

At this point, you'd probably have to offer Bogey and a moderately protected FRP to discuss Randle with the Knicks, and the Knicks would say no.
Dallas could give the Jazz Tim Hardaway Jr.'s expiring deal. They could use a shooter like Bogey. That's not going to help the Jazz though.
Golden State would offer Kelly Oubre in a heartbeat, but the Jazz wouldn't touch that.

Jazz could ask Chicago how they feel about Lauri Markkanen's next contract, but Lauri's been playing pretty well. Bulls would have to throw in Thad Young to match salary.
Yikes. None of this.

Bojan was amazing last year. A huge part of the season we were wanting him taking the shots in close games. He's still the same guy, but for whatever reason we've put him into situations where he is prone to turning the ball over rather than trying to get him going through open shots.

I've been encouraged that Bogey is hitting some of his mid-range jumpers this year. The Jazz are going to need some scoring from mid-range in the playoffs.

His post up game isn't a problem, it's usually driving to the hoop against a set defense.
The last 3-4 games his post up has ended in more turnovers than just about anything else he does. Of course, it is always when he is trying to move with the ball, so you could argue that posting up, then trying to back down into the paint, is more of a drive. But he has had some success on drives, like a couple strong highlight level dunks, but very little success on post-ups, in the past 3-4 games.

Against the Clippers literally nothing he was doing was working, post or drive. He needed to sit. And on Friday night he needs to focus on spot-up corner 3s exclusively to get his shot back.

The last 3-4 games his post up has ended in more turnovers than just about anything else he does. Of course, it is always when he is trying to move with the ball, so you could argue that posting up, then trying to back down into the paint, is more of a drive. But he has had some success on drives, like a couple strong highlight level dunks, but very little success on post-ups, in the past 3-4 games.

Against the Clippers literally nothing he was doing was working, post or drive. He needed to sit. And on Friday night he needs to focus on spot-up corner 3s exclusively to get his shot back.
I’m confident every scouting report says if he puts the ball on the floor, just put your hand in there and he will lose it. This is probably point number 1 on all reports. We keep feeding it, though. Point number two is what Beverley did — force Donovan out of open shots and into mid-range. He will double down by trying to assert himself on the game by taking those terrible shots.

Is LaVine available? He would be such a good fit next to Donovan, I thought I heard he wants out of Chicago. If so could be all out rebuild time in Chicago.
1. We could straight up try Bogey and every pick we got for LaVine.
2. Trade Conley to the Cavs, Bogey to the Bulls, Kevin Love and LaVine to the Jazz. Along with Jazz picks, an extra pick from the Cavs to the Bulls. I'm not crazy about Kevin Love though, especially at current salary.
3. Conley to the Clips, Bev Mann Udoka and picks to the Bulls, LaVine Morris to the Jazz. Clippers are so deep, that they can afford to replace Morris with someone off the bench, there defense would still be elite, and Conley would do wonders for there offense. Jazz get there back court for the next decade in Donovan at PG, LaVine at SG, we also add Morris who would fix our only weaknesses on defense, and Bulls go into full rebuild. Udoka must have some value (he helped make salarys work) , Mann's a a solid second year player, Bev has decent trade value, and 2 1sts, a 2nd from the Jazz. Starting Lineup: Donovan, LaVine, Royce, Morris, Gobert Bench: Ingles, Favors, Clarkson, Bogey. Legitimately we could add a fourth team to this deal and trade Bogey or Morris and get an additional (possibly better) 1st round pick to sweeten the pot for the Bulls.

Last edited:
Gordon's lack of shooting is too much of a problem, imo.

Maybe, but I wouldn’t be surprised if he turns into a high 30’s 3 point shooter in a different situation. ORL uses him in the worst way possible, but maybe too much poor development has been to salvage.

I have a soft spot for AG ever since we were going to draft him....but Exum ended up falling to us instead. ORL developed him into a faux Carmelo when he really should have been more of a utility player like Siakam when Kawhi was there. Even if his shooting isn’t amazing, that added athleticism and skill dynamic would be such a welcome edition to this team.

I think it's valid to talk a Bogie trade, even though right now it's probably not a good idea. It's not ridiculous to have the discussion just because they're playing well.

1. In some ways, Bogie is sorta redundant. They already have a ton of great shooters and creators, and while his D and rebounding has improved, he'll always be at best a neutral in anything that isn't shooting or shot creation. He's really, really good at it, yes.
2. We don't know how the team will fair against a full strength Lakers team. If you want to do as much as you can to upgrade the team to contend for a title, and you're looking for a third start to go with Rudy and Mitchell, Bogie is the logical centerpiece of a potential trade. You could argue Conley, but as an expiring, you're not getting a better replacement for him, I'd think.

Right now, I wouldn't look in to a major trade. Things are going too well. Is it worth looking in to after the season? You bet. But only if it's a significant, absolute win.