What's new

What Is Gordon's Ceiling???

This came up as a suggested thread for me. What’s his new ceiling?

I've said it many times Ty has no idea how to use him. He should be used like Harden. He is hindered by the fact we have no direction on offense Al and Millsap dominate the ball and aren't matches for what Hayward wants to do, and Favors, and Kanter aren't polished offensively, bigs don't set good picks on pick'n roll, that part of the offense is none existent because our bigs set the softest picks ever. I can't help but feel that Hayward would be further along if Jerry was still the coach.

With all this said I feel Haywards ceiling is Harden. Harden will always be a better more natural scorer, with Hayward being a better table setter, and running an offense.

I stand by what I said. Keep in mind Harden was still playing for OKC, and not the juggernaut offensive player he is now

I feel sorry for Gordon and hope in a year or two he is back to his all-star level (that is his ceiling). Most likely case is he at best can be described as an above average starter paid the max. After his current contract expires, he will play a few years and then Gordon will retire and never be thought of again, except for when Jazz and Celtics fans complain about him. Then, in old age he will look back at his lack of legacy and wonder how different it would have been if he had stayed in Utah.

There isn't really any need to feel sorry for a guy who is contracted to earn ~$130million over 4 years and and has regained enough health to be out and about and able to run and jump..

Super sad tho. I hope he regains his form and become an all-star.

JK!

I feel sorry for Gordon and hope in a year or two he is back to his all-star level (that is his ceiling). Most likely case is he at best can be described as an above average starter paid the max. After his current contract expires, he will play a few years and then Gordon will retire and never be thought of again, except for when Jazz and Celtics fans complain about him. Then, in old age he will look back at his lack of legacy and wonder how different it would have been if he had stayed in Utah.

He’d been a god had he stayed here

He probably doesn’t get hurt, which is like 99% of his problems right now.

He’d be Mitchell’s robin, scoring 18-25 a night (Mitchell’s life would be easier as well. I’d bet that if Gordon was still here, Mitchell would be averaging 25-30 right now). He’d probably been an all star again last year as the Jazz won 55+.

He is exactly what Utah needs right now, preinjury.

We’d probably have 35-40 wins right now as well.

Losing him was devastating for him and Utah.

Boston was up 6 on the Lakers with 1:24 left and ended up losing. Hayward went off, though.