What's new

What Is Gordon's Ceiling???

I never understood how Boston or the Jazz would ever sign him to the max. I’ve never seen him as a max guy. Now Boston is seeing it. The guy can be a decent 2 or 3rd option. But he’s always been so inconsistent when he was here. Some nights he was on but majority of the time he struggled. And when the pressure was on he was no where to be seen. I hope the best for him as one person to another. But we are seeing who I always knew him to be. Decent. But not a max player.

Sent from my iPhone using JazzFanz

I never understood how Boston or the Jazz would ever sign him to the max. I’ve never seen him as a max guy. Now Boston is seeing it. The guy can be a decent 2 or 3rd option. But he’s always been so inconsistent when he was here. Some nights he was on but majority of the time he struggled. And when the pressure was on he was no where to be seen. I hope the best for him as one person to another. But we are seeing who I always knew him to be. Decent. But not a max player.

Sent from my iPhone using JazzFanz

Easy for Utah. If you are Utah, it's a no brainer to sign him to the max. You are underpaying Gobert. You have no one else (at the time signing Hayward). You lose Hayward, you go from a 50 win team to a 25-30 win team. UNLESS you get lucky and draft Donovan Mitchell. Even then, you pay Hayward the max because you are only paying Mitchell a minimum salary. So, 31+23+3=57 million for three all star level players. That is Golden State level efficiency. You could add another max deal to your team.

Losing Hayward was a devastating mistake on DL's part. We had a shot to win a title looking back in hindsight and now it's gone.

Maybe the worst thing to happen to Utah Jazz nation.