What's new

What's The Last Movie You’ve Seen?

Anybody watch the witcher series yet?

Saw ep1, unsure how I feel about it.
I like it quite a bit. It's not trying to be GOT, it's based on a much more fantastical series, and doesn't take itself nearly as seriously.

It definitely gets off to a rough start though. The first couple episodes are a little confusing due to the three storylines taking place at different times, which is not made clear to the audience at all.

I was watching Witcher with family over the holiday break.That probably wasnt the best idea. We had to fast forward through a couple parts. OK more than a couple.

I like it quite a bit. It's not trying to be GOT, it's based on a much more fantastical series, and doesn't take itself nearly as seriously.

It definitely gets off to a rough start though. The first couple episodes are a little confusing due to the three storylines taking place at different times, which is not made clear to the audience at all.

I thought I was the only one that thought the time ****ery was a bit disorienting.

Reactions: MVP
I haven’t seen it and enjoy movies like that but the trailers felt a bit corny/hammy.
I am through 4 episodes. Not as good as first 4 seasons of GOT or Lord of the Rings, but if you are into for medieval fatasy, monsters, magic, gore and some beautiful naked bodies - you will enjoy it
For what it is worth, The Witcher was named game of the year in 2015 - I know few folks who are hardcore fans and like it very much.

The hints are throughout all the dialogue but it's hard to catch them if you aren't aware of them. I think the season 2 is going to be so much better. You could really see the show get better when 2 of the main 3 were in the same scene and S1 wasn't bad anyways.

The hints are throughout all the dialogue but it's hard to catch them if you aren't aware of them. I think the season 2 is going to be so much better. You could really see the show get better when 2 of the main 3 were in the same scene and S1 wasn't bad anyways.
Yeah I realized it of course after the first couple episodes, and then caught the hints on a re-watch.

They had kind of a difficult task in introducing characters whose backstories take place decades apart, but all in all I think they did a good job. I think the show really found its footing after the fourth episode(?) when Geralt and Yennefer first meet, and really took off from there.

I am through 4 episodes. Not as good as first 4 seasons of GOT or Lord of the Rings, but if you are into for medieval fatasy, monsters, magic, gore and some beautiful naked bodies - you will enjoy it
For what it is worth, The Witcher was named game of the year in 2015 - I know few folks who are hardcore fans and like it very much.
I think you replied to the wrong person mate

Watched 'The Irishman', something off putting about the de-aging, especially early on, De Niro still moved like a old man, when he beats up the store owner its pretty comically bad(could they have just cast younger actors?!) You just accept it for what it is. Good to see Pesci again, he is in it a lot but thats a good thing. I enjoyed it(split up the viewing, this movie is long). Another complaint is De Niro's relationship with his family/daughter, for a 3+ hour movie there just isnt much there. So the ending stuff isnt as impactfull. Oh well if you were a fan of Goodfellas you'll probably be a fan of this, some great moments in this one.

Watched 'The Irishman', something off putting about the de-aging, especially early on, De Niro still moved like a old man, when he beats up the store owner its pretty comically bad(could they have just cast younger actors?!) You just accept it for what it is. Good to see Pesci again, he is in it a lot but thats a good thing. I enjoyed it(split up the viewing, this movie is long). Another complaint is De Niro's relationship with his family/daughter, for a 3+ hour movie there just isnt much there. So the ending stuff isnt as impactfull. Oh well if you were a fan of Goodfellas you'll probably be a fan of this, some great moments in this one.
I thought pacino as Hoffa stole the show

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using JazzFanz mobile app

De Niro, Pacino, Pesci really all did exemplary work in this. Pesci's stands out to me because I really loved him in this after not knowing what to expect, its been a while.

I only watched a little over an hour of the film but I agree. Pesci was excellent. Pacino felt like hammy Pacino which isn’t a compliment. He wasn’t completely over the top but he was just okay imo.

And I agree with whoever said they should’ve just used other actors for the younger versions. Bernthal would’ve been a fantastic younger Deniro. He crushes everything he’s in. Not sure about who could’ve played a younger Pesci.

Finally saw the most recent star wars. That movie badly needed a few more weeks in the editing room.