What's new

Who gets waived?

Which player(s) will be waived before the season starts?

• Butler

Votes: 31 35.2%
  • Dok

Votes: 25 28.4%
  • NAW

Votes: 7 8.0%
  • Bolmaro

Votes: 15 17.0%
  • Stanley Johnson

Votes: 27 30.7%
  • Saben Lee

Votes: 53 60.2%
  • Gay

Votes: 44 50.0%

• Total voters
Probably not a good sign for Bolmaro, Lee and Johnson that they didn't even get on the floor in the first pre-season game. Butler also didn't do himself any favors with his poor performance.

Probably not a good sign for Bolmaro, Lee and Johnson that they didn't even get on the floor in the first pre-season game. Butler also didn't do himself any favors with his poor performance.

I'd rather be in their position than Butler's. I think Dok and Butler are gone and probably Lee, I'm actually thinking Johnson might stick. . .

Give up no 2nds.
Normally, I’m with you on this one. . . but if they can make a trade like Houston/OKC did and give up a 2nd to get an expiring contract or a young reclamation project - I’d probably do it to move off of the last year of Gay’s contract.

If they can buy him out, that would be preferable, but he really does need to go.

He was playing over some guys that got DNP-CD's. Kinda scary if Butler was actually outplaying some of these guys in practice.
I doubt it’s that cut and dried. With 20 guys in camp, that’s enough for two simultaneous games of 5 on 5. More likely that the fringe guys (newbies on minimum deals) are just sitting patiently in the wings for their chance to sub in and play.

Maybe they should just cut their losses and waive Gay. He's a huge negative on that contract. It would cost them draft capital to attach him in any trade. I don't think he can viably help any NBA squad at this point. Also guessing he's still potentially an attitude problem in the lockerroom because it looked like neither he (or JC for that matter) even tried to play any type of team ball last night.

If I see him in anymore Jazz lineups I am tuning out immediately.

Maybe they should just cut their losses and waive Gay. He's a huge negative on that contract. It would cost them draft capital to attach him in any trade. I don't think he can viably help any NBA squad at this point. Also guessing he's still potentially an attitude problem in the lockerroom because it looked like neither he (or JC for that matter) even tried to play any type of team ball last night.

If I see him in anymore Jazz lineups I am tuning out immediately.
Yeah, I really couldn't agree more. Actually, I was leaning the same way regarding tuning out because I see potential in Bolmaro, Lee and Johnson and if they're all gone in favor of guys like Gay and Butler, I think I'm done for awhile.

I wish there was a open competition between Butler and Saben Lee for a PG spot just because we have a lot of 2 guards who are worse versions of jordan clarkson. We need some guys that can share the ball and run an offense.

My guess at this point is

Butler
Lee
Johnson

But I would get rid of Gay ASAP

Is Juzang on a 2-way

If it was me

GAY
Butler
Clarkson (Do my best to find a trade partner)
Apparently the rumor is that JC is good friends with Ryan Smith. I saw a few Larsen tweets this morning. Whatever. He's the worst kind of chucking player we should have on this rebuilding team. He and Gay were out there doing their own thing last night and never taken out of the game. I didn't mind JC pulling that stuff off the bench when we had a veteran team. I would even laugh at it sometimes but on this squad he really needs to at least try to set more of an example for the younger guys and maybe mix in an occasional pass. Possibly someone like NAW does have some untapped potential but how can you demand him to play a team game while JC is out there just messing around only looking for his own shot and acting so entitled. Gay was doing the same crap. Please just give Gay's minutes to Fontecchio, Johnson,etc or to whoever is willing to play a team game. That's all I ask.