What's new

Who Makes the Jazz better?

SAS Look like they will be in rebuilt mode in next season.
Leonard is a dream but no one knows what's going on with him.
Danny Green will be great of the bench.

SAS Look like they will be in rebuilt mode in next season.
Leonard is a dream but no one knows what's going on with him.
Danny Green will be great of the bench.
Danny Green will likely be too expensive and the Jazz will have to clear a bunch of cap space to go get him. That’s easier said than done, and one of the reasons that I think they should go after expiring contracts leading up to the draft. Teams will want to cut cap space and cash obligations when given the chance.

Trading Burks, Sefalosha and Jerebko allows the Jazz to add talent without mortgaging the future or having a negative impact on their pending decisions on Exum and Favors.

Replace Derrick Favors with Kevin Durant. Problem solved.

I realize you aren't being serious but a move like this is litterally the only way to improve this team.

Utah has zero holes right now and any acquisition that isn't a huge impact player is only a lateral move. Who can you get who improves the team more than maybe 1/2 to 1 win over Favors, Jae, Thabo, Epke, Jerebko, Ingles?

The only minutes I see improving, again marginally, is the Royce/Burks spot but you aren't going to pick up more than maybe 2 wins and that's only if you can find a tall, long 3 and D who can also handle the ball. Good luck.

This team has already become the Pistons model. Sustained play from everyone except DM plus adding a high impact player in the next summer or two is the only route. Everyone except DM is entering sustain or decline territory.

Who can you get who improves the team more than maybe 1/2 to 1 win over Favors, Jae, Thabo, Epke, Jerebko, Ingles?

The only minutes I see improving, again marginally, is the Royce/Burks spot but you aren't going to pick up more than maybe 2 wins and that's only if you can find a tall, long 3 and D who can also handle the ball. Good luck.
Depending on availability, I’d go really hard after both DeMarre Carrol and Niko Mirotic before the draft.

Carroll is a huge upgrade to Burks in terms of fit, defense, versatility and leadership. Pulling this off should be priority #1 leading up to the draft.

And while Jonas and Thabo have both been great and outplayed their contracts. . . Niko has the potential to dwarf their production - especially in rebounds, 3 point shooting and free throw attempts. He could potentially fit in great as a backup stretch 4/5. Plus, he’s 7 years younger than Thabo and 4 years younger than Jerebko.

Then you can still draft a high upside player at #22 and (hopefully) extend both Favors and Exum to #bakethenewcake with better ingredients.

I realize you aren't being serious but a move like this is litterally the only way to improve this team.

Utah has zero holes right now and any acquisition that isn't a huge impact player is only a lateral move. Who can you get who improves the team more than maybe 1/2 to 1 win over Favors, Jae, Thabo, Epke, Jerebko, Ingles?

This team has already become the Pistons model. Sustained play from everyone except DM plus adding a high impact player in the next summer or two is the only route. Everyone except DM is entering sustain or decline territory.
That’s some mighty high praise. There was once a guy here who was frustrated with the FO and said we’d have been better to model after Denver.

One thing is for sure, though: none of this would be possible without Denver.

That’s some mighty high praise. There was once a guy here who was frustrated with the FO and said we’d have been better to model after Denver.

One thing is for sure, though: none of this would be possible without Denver.
I remember that guy. He claimed that the dude that plays center for Denver now would end up being better than any player the Jazz had last year and that included Gobert.

Dante Exum is 21
Rudy Gobert is still not in his prime
Both of those guys could still make jumps especially Exum.
Jae Crowder has had 2 months in the system he could get better within the system.
So no not everybody on the team is entering sustain or decline territory.

This team is winning >80% of their games since Rudy came back from injury that's absolutely amazing. And they still have room to improve internally.

This team is winning >80% of their games since Rudy came back from injury that's absolutely amazing. And they still have room to improve internally.

They've got room to improve internally, but not much. I don't think this team has a much higher ceiling than what we've seen the past few months. We've got a bright future, but the ceiling is probably the WCF as the team is currently composed, depending on matchups in the playoffs the next few years.

If you go get a young guy with superstar potential, then the future is even brighter. I think both AG/Jabari have that potential and would fit in quite well with what the Jazz are trying to build. AG is the guy I'd go get if it's possible. The dude has developed pretty well in Orlando, which is a place that nobody has developed well since the days of Dwight. I think you trust Quin to get even more out of him in the future. It's definitely a long shot though.

They've got room to improve internally, but not much. I don't think this team has a much higher ceiling than what we've seen the past few months. We've got a bright future, but the ceiling is probably the WCF as the team is currently composed, depending on matchups in the playoffs the next few years.

If you go get a young guy with superstar potential, then the future is even brighter. I think both AG/Jabari have that potential and would fit in quite well with what the Jazz are trying to build. AG is the guy I'd go get if it's possible. The dude has developed pretty well in Orlando, which is a place that nobody has developed well since the days of Dwight. I think you trust Quin to get even more out of him in the future. It's definitely a long shot though.
80% winning is a contender. Now I don't think they are this year but I don't think it takes much to go from where they are at to being a real contender. That said if they have a chance to improve without crippling the team they absolutely should. I'm not that high on Jabari though. Between injuries and defense that guy scares me.

80% winning is a contender. Now I don't think they are this year but I don't think it takes much to go from where they are at to being a real contender. That said if they have a chance to improve without crippling the team they absolutely should. I'm not that high on Jabari though. Between injuries and defense that guy scares me.
I think Rubio, Exum and Crowder are all better next year. Donovan might take a big jump as a #1 featured option like Lillard and Harden both did. DL has gotten good value in the 20’s (Gobert, Hood and flipping last year’s pick for Mitchell) - maybe he strikes gold again.

We wait a few years to have a chance for 3 spot in the playoffs and a team playing so great now.
DL knows that he need one star to become a real contender but basketball is a team sport and i trust this Quin's system. We can be like Detroit and beat Lakers full of stars.
I'm so happy for upcoming playoffs. Lets play.

I think we need a player like Jaylen Brown on the squad. The prototypical SMALL FORWARD. Mitchell is an undersized combo guard. Crowder is a little undersized to be that guy. Hood was the prototypical Pippen to Mitchell's Jordan, but he was going to come at a price we weren't willing to pay and he wasn't meshing well with Mitchell to date.

So, my feel is that we are looking for a 3. If the right fit isn't available according to statistics and free agency then expect the Jazz to draft another player with length who they think they can mold into that guy. Mikal may fit the bill.

I think we need a player like Jaylen Brown on the squad. The prototypical SMALL FORWARD. Mitchell is an undersized combo guard. Crowder is a little undersized to be that guy. Hood was the prototypical Pippen to Mitchell's Jordan, but he was going to come at a price we weren't willing to pay and he wasn't meshing well with Mitchell to date.

So, my feel is that we are looking for a 3. If the right fit isn't available according to statistics and free agency then expect the Jazz to draft another player with length who they think they can mold into that guy. Mikal may fit the bill.
Maybe Brad won’t want to Hurt Hayward’s feelings and we can go get Brown to clear a spot for Gordo.

A.) Hood is closer to Steve Kerr than Scottie Pippen. That’s a terrible analogy.

B.) Crowder is undersized, but Hood was ideal? What?

C.) Jimmy Butler or Kawhi Leonard is the guy you’re looking for. And neither of them are available.

D.) Rarely find a guy like that outside the top 10 picks. Missed out on one by one pick last year when Kuzma got picked a spot before they traded up. He’d have been Mitchell’s Scottie Pippen (without the defense.)

Dante Exum is 21
Rudy Gobert is still not in his prime
Both of those guys could still make jumps especially Exum.
Jae Crowder has had 2 months in the system he could get better within the system.
So no not everybody on the team is entering sustain or decline territory.

Sustained production is when vets start using vet saviness to replace their stalling upward trajectory. It's better basketball even if they aren't improving in areas they once were. Your example of Jae is exactly that. Another example is Kidd's late 3 point shooting focus.

Gobert has likely peaked or very close to it. He will still refine some things but his growth phase in others is about at the top.

Exum is a wild card so I leave him out of this discussion.

The way to improve the team is to replace Derrick Favors with a versatile forward who has similar size, length and inside/outside defense, but is more versatile and skilled on offense. We're looking for a 6'9" or 6'10" triple-threat player who can score and create offense out on the floor. That's why I'm intrigued by Jontay Porter and Isaac Bonga in the draft. (There's a reason the Jazz drafted Trey Lyles. He just didn't pan out.)

The alternative is to upgrade from Joe Ingles at the 3 and bring him off the bench. We'd be looking for an athletic Swiss-army knife like Kawhi Leonard or Paul George.

In any case, we want to add another 10-15 pts worth of scoring at one of the forward positions without losing defense.

Last edited:
The way to improve the team is to replace Derrick Favors with a versatile forward who has similar size, length and inside/outside defense, but is more versatile and skilled on offense. We're looking for a 6'9" or 6'10" triple-threat player who can score and create offense out on the floor.
I get what you’re saying, and I don’t necessarily disagree with you. . . but how many guys in the whole league fit that description? Who can the Jazz realistically get that will upgrade the PF spot over Favors?

The way to improve the team is to replace Derrick Favors with a versatile forward who has similar size, length and inside/outside defense, but is more versatile and skilled on offense. We're looking for a 6'9" or 6'10" triple-threat player who can score and create offense out on the floor. That's why I'm intrigued by Jontay Porter and Isaac Bonga in the draft. (There's a reason the Jazz drafted Trey Lyles. He just didn't pan out.)

The alternative is to upgrade from Joe Ingles at the 3 and bring him off the bench. We'd be looking for an athletic Swiss-army knife like Kawhi Leonard or Paul George.

In any case, we want to add another 10-15 pts worth of scoring at one of the forward positions without losing defense.

I don't see anyone on your option 1 replacing Favors outside of the draft or Draymond Bitch Green. GSW has to let someone go so it's not a pipe dream.

Your second option is acquiring the 3rd best player in the NBA or a top 10-20 talent. If that happens with this squad then fans will start pooling money to put up championship or bust billboards with pictures of every player on the squad.