What's new

Woj: Jazz agree to 3-team trade with Lakers and Timberwolves

The Lakers got D'Lo, Beasley, and Vando for 1 pick lmfao.

I know it's a good deal for Utah, but damn, Lakers got a lot. Just seems really flagrant the Jazz had to be the ones to include (2) second rounders to get Minnesota on board.

I know those 2nds probably amount to jack **** picks in the 50's, but it's the principle.
Seems fine, pretty clear Ainge values what he perceives as high upside assets wayyyyyy more than just about anything else. Agree we could've made this trade before the season, but don't mind the return. Vando and Beasley are replaceable if you have cap space.

Hopefully they let him start his press conference and then break in like Kanye at the MTV award, or, even better, Elvis Costello on SNL. "Ladies and gentlemen, there is no reason to talk to Westbrook."
After all the drama between Westbrook and Utah fans, I think it’s funny as hell that we ended up with him - even if the plan is to buy him out.

Honestly this is a mediocre job from Ainge. To top it off we throw in NAW who Hardy hated but is an excellent fit with the wolves.
I wish NAW played the way he did this year last season.

I just think the Jazz arent really in the business of developing low potential currently. I liked what NAW brought, but I didnt see a lot of potential in him. Seemed like he should have played more, but I guess there was disconnect there between him and Hardy.

You will see. I really don’t know how you guys aren’t ****ing excited about this.

I think it was a positive trade. Having said that, there were one million versions of this trade posted here and this value we got is probably in the bottom 10% of trades that were posted. Probably lower if we’re being honest.

I think the main reason this was a good trade for us is that the players we sent out probably weren’t impacting the future of the franchise much anyways. But it’s easy to see how people are mad when we send out 3/4 good players for pick compensation that was worse than everyone had hoped for. The guys we sent out had some fans here.

Seems fine, pretty clear Ainge values what he perceives as high upside assets wayyyyyy more than just about anything else. Agree we could've made this trade before the season, but don't mind the return. Vando and Beasley are replaceable if you have cap space.
Yeah, I dont give a F about losing Vando or Beasley, it's just the fact that the Lakers get all these assets for very little while Utah has to add sweeteners for getting a top 4 protected pick. Just kind of ehhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh from Ainge.

Yeah, I dont give a F about losing Vando or Beasley, it's just the fact that the Lakers get all these assets for very little while Utah has to add sweeteners for getting a top 4 protected pick. Just kind of ehhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh from Ainge.
It kinda makes sense when you realize we actually don't have leverage here. It's way better to trade these players for literal nothing than to keep them on the roster, and everyone knows it no matter how much you claim they're each worth a first.

I’ve been totally fine with the idea of consolidating players for assets. Sucks that it didn’t happen earlier, but whatever. I think the Jazz are stocking the cupboard for a big move down the road. Gotta take some swings if you’re going to hit the big one. I would’ve been very surprised to see Conley, Beasley and Vando all here next year. Getting a lightly protected pick for them - and not taking back ANY long term bad money would’ve been impossible at the beginning of the season. It’s too bad the Lakers wanted DLo instead of Conley/Clarkson. I’ve said it before, and I’ll say it again. The one big miss from this is not getting a pick swap this year. Shoulda held out for that. Think they should still prioritize moving up from the Nets/76ers pick before tomorrow.

why did we give away Vanderbilt? He is young, he is good sized, hard worker, good contract, i don't understand why he wasn't in the future team plans, did i miss something?

Updated trade return for Rudy Gobert and Mike Conley:

2023 unprotected first from Minnesota
2025 unprotected first from Minnesota
2026 unprotected swap from Minnesota
2027 unprotected first from Minnesota
2027 top-4 protected first from Lakers (conveys to unprotected in 2028)
2029 top-5 protected frost from Minnesota

All of that plus Walker Kessler

It kinda makes sense when you realize we actually don't have leverage here. It's way better to trade these players for literal nothing than to keep them on the roster, and everyone knows it no matter how much you claim they're each worth a first.
Yeah, for sure.

I think Utah was hoping there'd be more interest for guys and they would have more leverage, but I think that ended up being a bit manufactured and Minnesota/LA saw that. I dont think they ripped Utah/DA off or anything, but they were able to get more out of DA than he was hoping to give up.

Updated trade return for Rudy Gobert and Mike Conley:

2023 unprotected first from Minnesota
2025 unprotected first from Minnesota
2026 unprotected swap from Minnesota
2027 unprotected first from Minnesota
2027 top-4 protected first from Lakers (conveys to unprotected in 2028)
2029 top-5 protected frost from Minnesota

All of that plus Walker Kessler
And eleventy billions in cap space.