What's new

2019 Trade Deadline Discussion

It’s a great idea but there isn’t a lot that we have that has value and that we’d be willing to move.

A first and Favs? Sure. I’d do that... they might get more.

A first Favs and Crowder? For Tobias and Beverly? Not sure it moves the needle.

2 firsts? A first and Grayson? Two firsts and Grayson? I think it’s a bit much honestly... maybe he hates it here because Joe Ingles talks too much smack (or some other ridiculous reason).

I think we have just as much chance to get him in FA as we do a trade. It would help if they would fade faster but they are likely still in the playoff picture in 2 weeks when the trade deadline rolls around.
If reports like these come out, the price could drop a little. https://www.google.com/amp/s/thejno...bias-harris-interested-joining-utah-jazz/amp/

In the history of the league, I don't think any team has gotten as much as a 1st rounder and Favors for a player on an expiring contract.

Favors is a perfect player for the Clippers. If they get multiple big fish, they let Favors go. If they only get one, they keep him because he is a good, versatile big.

If the Clippers lose Harris, they have nothing. If they get our first and Favors at the deadline, that's pretty damn good.

Sent from my VS995 using JazzFanz mobile app

I think you have to look at some indirect effects, too. I think our FA game plan this summer, if we expect to be players, hinges significantly on how we do in our seedings and how we do in the post-season. For us to look attractive to the type of person we're wanting, we have to show that we're a compatible match that us + them really puts us into the discussion. It's hard to do that if we're 6 seed or lower. Adding Korver has proved to be a huge piece of the puzzle of pushing us into discussion for HCA, and that pays dividends and converts to greater free agency maneuverability.

He also kind of chose us... in a way it was sort of a FA win. Him and his wife wanted to be here.

He's also helped the young guys (locke has mentioned he's worked with Royce and DM). Just seeing a world class shooter and their routine has to help developing guys. I would not doubt if after retirement Korver hangs around and becomes an assistant/shooting coach.

If reports like these come out, the price could drop a little. https://www.google.com/amp/s/thejno...bias-harris-interested-joining-utah-jazz/amp/

In the history of the league, I don't think any team has gotten as much as a 1st rounder and Favors for a player on an expiring contract.

Favors is a perfect player for the Clippers. If they get multiple big fish, they let Favors go. If they only get one, they keep him because he is a good, versatile big.

If the Clippers lose Harris, they have nothing. If they get our first and Favors at the deadline, that's pretty damn good.

I agree... its a fair return and fits some of what they'd want. I think Balmer hates losing though, so if they viewed it as a step back this year they likely pass unless the assets are significant. This year's draft is considered weak and some experts have said a first this year doesn't seem to hold as much value. Still... they'd get a player at a position of need that is really productive that they could keep if they miss.

It would be much easier had they not started so hot.

I agree... its a fair return and fits some of what they'd want. I think Balmer hates losing though, so if they viewed it as a step back this year they likely pass unless the assets are significant. This year's draft is considered weak and some experts have said a first this year doesn't seem to hold as much value. Still... they'd get a player at a position of need that is really productive that they could keep if they miss.

It would be much easier had they not started so hot.
All true. Good points.

We just need him to say something else about liking us.

So AD is out a week or two... they could be like 7 or 8 games out of the playoffs by trade deadline. Will they join the sellers or make a desperation move?

I'm going to make a somewhat bold proclamation... either Niko is traded by the deadline or their first round pick for help. Maybe not super bold... but they make somewhat desperation move. They won't move AD yet... that comes this summer.

So AD is out a week or two... they could be like 7 or 8 games out of the playoffs by trade deadline. Will they join the sellers or make a desperation move?

I'm going to make a somewhat bold proclamation... either Niko is traded by the deadline or their first round pick for help. Maybe not super bold... but they make somewhat desperation move. They won't move AD yet... that comes this summer.
They can't become sellers. If anything, they might become irrational buyers. AD wants to leave for sure this summer if they don't try to build before the deadline.

I think NOLA should trade him for a king's ransom from LA before the deadline. If AD demands a trade this summer, NOLA loses leverage.

Ingram, Hart, Kuzma and 1sts for AD.

I think you make a strongish-but-sensible offer to LAC for Harris and you hope it gets back to him. Make him know he’s really wanted here. It can’t feel great to be playing like he is and be considered a mere contingency option that is somewhat down the list.

If you could get Anthony Davis. Would you trade anyone on your roster for him? For me It's an absolutely yes i would trade anyone they want. It's a no brainer. Do u agree

They can't become sellers. If anything, they might become irrational buyers. AD wants to leave for sure this summer if they don't try to build before the deadline.

I think NOLA should trade him for a king's ransom from LA before the deadline. If AD demands a trade this summer, NOLA loses leverage.

I don’t know how many times I have to tell you that they’re not trading Kuzma.

If you could get Anthony Davis. Would you trade anyone on your roster for him? For me It's an absolutely yes i would trade anyone they want. It's a no brainer. Do u agree
I wouldn't trade Mitchell, Gobert, or Ingles for anybody. They are the fabric of this organization.

I probably wouldn't trade Crowder or Korver either.

I think you make a strongish-but-sensible offer to LAC for Harris and you hope it gets back to him. Make him know he’s really wanted here. It can’t feel great to be playing like he is and be considered a mere contingency option that is somewhat down the list.

Watched the GS Clips game and the cheers were louder for the Warriors than the Clips... was reminded they are still little brother and that even when they were good I could have had Game 7 playoff tickets for less than face value on the re-sell market. If he ain't feeling the love a little attention can go a long way.

PG was said to feel a bit slighted the Lakers wouldn't trade for him when he was with Indy.

Watched the GS Clips game and the cheers were louder for the Warriors than the Clips... was reminded they are still little brother and that even when they were good I could have had Game 7 playoff tickets for less than face value on the re-sell market. If he ain't feeling the love a little attention can go a long way.

PG was said to feel a bit slighted the Lakers wouldn't trade for him when he was with Indy.
Exactly.

They won't lose leverage. There will be multiple buyers... they can leverage them against each other. They should wait... nothing the Lakers can offer right now will be sacrificed. Boston throws Tatum on the table and I will take that over the Lakers stuff. They also have a million picks. Other suitors would also join the fray... they will get a good return no matter what.

I wouldn't trade Mitchell, Gobert, or Ingles for anybody. They are the fabric of this organization.

I probably wouldn't trade Crowder or Korver either.

I think Favors and a 1st is actually a perfect offer. A 20 PER player on a team option and a 1st for a guy they might just lose is a pretty good offer.

And if they bite? Fabulous.

Lol pmsl....... U people have no idea. It's Anthony Davis...... Way better than anyone we have on our roster

They won't lose leverage. There will be multiple buyers... they can leverage them against each other. They should wait... nothing the Lakers can offer right now will be sacrificed. Boston throws Tatum on the table and I will take that over the Lakers stuff. They also have a million picks. Other suitors would also join the fray... they will get a good return no matter what.
Everything is about LA because of that agent connection to LBJ.

If AD comes out this summer and demands LA, the Lakers dont have to send as much. And Boston won't send Tatum for one year of AD.

If I'm NOLA, I demand Kuzma and do it now. He is the best player LA can get in my opinion.