What's new

Clippers offering Bledsoe, Butler to Celtics for Garnett

getitng 15+ shots garanteeed will lead to a statistical anomly when al is on fire and cant miss.
but the problem still exist he aint giving a ****, he aint playing defense.
he is soft and needs to go
and ooh yeah worst of al he steals minutes form better players(kanter favors)

By the way the Jazz are also 9th in the leauge in assist, and number 14 in fg%percent.

So to review the Jazz are

11th in offensive rating
11th in ppg
9th in the leauge in assist
and 14th in the leauge in fg%

We're 11th in the leauge in points per game, and we're 11th in the leauge in offensive rating.
So either 1, you're over exaggerating. Or the leauge as a whole has gotten terrible on offense.
By comparision the last D-Will Boozer year we were 12th in the leauge in scoring and 8th in offensive rating.

The bolded part is alot closer to the truth. Forget rankings for a moment
2009-10:
PPG: 104.2
Pts/100possessions: 110.7

2012-13:
PPG: 98.0
Pts/100possessions: 106.5

Bottom line: The Jazz are a less efficient offensive team than they were from 2006-10 and they are also now a significantly worse defensive team as well (2009-10: 105 pts/100possessions vs. 2012-13: 107.5 pts/100possessions)

More minutes for Favors and Kanter and fewer for Jefferson won't make Utah a better offensive team but their effort, ability and mobility on the defensive end will improve Utah's team-defense which is what Utah should be concentrating on. With Jefferson as a focal point Utah is merely average offensively and sub-par defensively. The Jazz need to build longterm around players who possess the ability to make them very good at atleast 1-end of the court.

What I like most about Bledsoe (besides his athleticism) is his ability to get up and defend. He can really get up and pressure the ball which would complement the defensive ability of Favors as well.

millsap kanter favors are far more effeicent
yet al takes the most shots.
the most minutes.

don't try to shine **** and call it gold.

al is a nice guy OFF the court.
but he is the opposite of JAZZ BASKETBALL, and that type of basketball is BORING

Obviously he gets the most shots, because when the defense collapses he's the only one we depend on. And clearly they're more efficent because there's not a help defender ready to help on them whenever they catch the ball.

I think it's extremely true. I've heard enough people litteraly say they stopped watching a game we were winning, where Al was playing an extremly efficent game, simply because they don't like how boring his game is.
It's not about young guys flying around though, it's about well executed 5-man team basketball. The Deron-Boozer and Stockton-Malone teams weren't all about flying around, they were about 5 guys executing. Al is boring not only because he's slow, but because he doesn't seem to grasp team basketball concepts. Watch him run the floor, set screens, hold the ball, etc.

I can appreciate that other people enjoy watching Al operate. I don't though, and it's not because he's not throwing down hammer dunks in transition.

The Jazz need to get in on this and offer Millsap to the Clippers for Bledsoe and Butler straight up.

25fj9g9.jpg

For that team, Garnett >>> Millsap
They plan on pairing Garnett w/ Griffin, Millsap & Griffin is not a lineup to close games out with.

What I like most about Bledsoe (besides his athleticism) is his ability to get up and defend. He can really get up and pressure the ball which would complement the defensive ability of Favors as well.
How much fun would a Favors-Millsap-Carroll-Hayward-Bledsoe lineup be?

I don't think this is true of Jazz fans in general. I think it's even less true of those who are tired of Al. We want to see 5-man team basketball. The Al-era Jazz are a lot less team oriented than previous Jazz teams.

I don't often watch other NBA teams play, but the other night I caught a few minutes of the GS game. I'm pretty sure that I watched opened jawed. Watching Bogut and Lee pass and the way the Warrior bigs cut, screen and pass made me smile. I had forgotten how enjoyable basketball can be to watch.

When I watched the next Jazz game it was awful. Sometimes it is better to forget.

The bolded part is alot closer to the truth. Forget rankings for a moment
2009-10:
PPG: 104.2
Pts/100possessions: 110.7

2012-13:
PPG: 98.0
Pts/100possessions: 106.5

Bottom line: The Jazz are a less efficient offensive team than they were from 2006-10 and they are also now a significantly worse defensive team as well (2009-10: 105 pts/100possessions vs. 2012-13: 107.5 pts/100possessions)

More minutes for Favors and Kanter and fewer for Jefferson won't make Utah a better offensive team but their effort, ability and mobility on the defensive end will improve Utah's team-defense which is what Utah should be concentrating on. With Jefferson as a focal point Utah is merely average offensively and sub-par defensively. The Jazz need to build longterm around players who possess the ability to make them very good at atleast 1-end of the court.

If we're better than most of the leauge in most offensive categories, than by default we must be over averge. At least that's the logic I get out of this.

And I get what you're saying about the offense, but what you're complaning about seems more of Corbin's problem than Al's. Al's shooting 15 shots a game which is his lowest number of attempts since being here/

O yea I definitly agree on Kanter and Favors needing to be the future of this team. I Think they'll be much better than the Sap-Al combo going forward. Especilly defensively. I never said otherwise.

I usally just stay in my Jazz channel thread, but the amount of exaggeration and pessimism I read, does not match what I see, during the multiple times I watch these games, and the stats I see about the team on both basketball reference and Nba.com. Not to mention the 7th seed we're holding steady at.

Reading this forum, with no prior knowledge about any of that, you'd have to conclude we we're 15 games out of the playoffs, with Coach smart(sac) at the helm of the team.

Yep, not only would they really get after teams defensively - but they wouldn't necessarily have the talent to throw the ball to 1 guy and let him score with mediocre efficiency ... so they'd have to execute the offense. Hayward is creating more but for much of the season it's been amazing how many baskets our current 2nd-unit gets just by playing aggressive defense and cutting/setting hard screens on offense.

replace mansap with kanter and i'm all for it. bring carroll along with millsap off the bench. start mawill, i think he could be the mawill we hoped him to be (like in the preseason) with an increased role on the offensive end. carroll and millsap could be a great spark off the bench, getting 25-30 mpg. mawill could bring the outside shooting we need even if he was quite a disappointment so far this season. he for sure will do much better next year...

LMAO, trade Rondo for someone who can walk & mid-round lottery picks...

This allows them to have Paul's bird rights and give them our two pick plus a future first rounder...

Hell throw in burks if we need to get the deal done!!

What makes people think Millsap has any intrest in coming off the bench? And if we're truly commiting to developing our young players at the end of the seasons, there's no reason he should start over Kanter/Favors

Who cares. He will play 15 mpg behind Tinsley and Watson until he's played five years on three teams.

Did you guys forget who our coach is?

What makes people think Millsap has any intrest in coming off the bench? And if we're truly commiting to developing our young players at the end of the seasons, there's no reason he should start over Kanter/Favors
Why? There are 96 minutes at the 4 and 5. Even if Kanter or Favors are coming off the bench, with one fewer player getting 30+ minutes in front of them, there could easily be enough minutes for them to develop. You could give Millsap and Favors 30 minutes, Kanter 24, and still have 12 minutes left over for a 4th big.