Colorado Shooting

Eminence

Most civilian ARs have 5.56 barrels in my experience.

Of course, not enough difference between 5.56 and .223 rounds to bother with separating the two in anything regulatory.

babe

Because they use a collapsible stock and flash suppressor as criteria for banning guns.

Mike Bloomberg is someone who has tried (hard) to position himself in the front ranks of the anti-gun movement. Here he is...

This guy is someone who might write gun laws. Politicians write gun laws.
More to the point, he doesn't think you need to know either.

He might actually know, but he is a politician on a mission. Gotta run the narrative. Gotta be a player.

idestroyedthetoilet

It doesn't matter what your knowledge, or experience or even academic qualifications if you are a politician. When you go into politics, either as a candidate or elected official, or an employee, you are required to check your intellectual baggage at the door.

You are entering a kind of twilight zone, another reality you might say. What then matters, and what you must then pay attention to, is the money that buys or bribes you, and the agenda that fits with the real movers and shakers.

We have this myth about the UN, like how it is ineffectual. No, it is "Earnest". In this world you MUST be "Earnest".

If you are a good boy you might get to suck on some guvmint teats, and not just eat guvmint cheeze like the little people.

If you don't play this game, those nasty Press bulldogs will focus on you. You won't get your cut of the Party re-election moolah, and you won't get any stock tips from the guvmint committees planning new budgets or laws, or from bureaucrats writing regulations. And the lush lobbyist moolah stream will dry up for you. It won't be worth your time. You'll lose your business and all your friends.

Most of us have no idea how all this works, if we talk about it, it will be called a "conspiracy theory".

No, it's "business as usual".
I'm often reminded of a scene from Australian comedy drama Rake. Congress person David Potter, all depressed at how he and politic had turned out, ranting and moaning that it used to be about ideas and ideals, and what happened?

Gameface

IT'S TIME TO GET YOUR GAMEFACE ON!
Contributor
2018 Award Winner
2020-21 Award Winner
I'm often reminded of a scene from Australian comedy drama Rake. Congress person David Potter, all depressed at how he and politic had turned out, ranting and moaning that it used to be about ideas and ideals, and what happened?
I'm seriously on the edge of my seat right now...

What happened?!?!

babe

I'm seriously on the edge of my seat right now...

What happened?!?!
what usually happens.

The nube idealist drank a few, fell asleep. Woke up in a puddle. Drank some coffee, took a shower. Good to go.

People don't change the world. The world changes people. Well, no, not their diapers. Parents do that.

ode to parents:

After you fall in love, you must decide to like, anyway.
After the baby changes your life, you must decide to change the baby.
After the baby grows up to be like you, you must decide to change yourself.

Your baby won't change you. You must do that.
You won't change the world, but you can change yourself.

Sometimes.

If you care to work on it a lot.

babe

We are all some kind of "Earnest", no doubt.

Obama and Hillary found an "Earnest" Biden to fulfil their legacy dreams.

I'm feeling sorta sad. Only the Jazz to cheer for today. I see people trying so hard to change the world on every side, in every way imaginable.

Ultimately, anyone who tries to do that will look like this.