What's new

Coronavirus

Douchebag K

Also:

So, young males (as opposed to adults) were associated with myocarditis, just as with the vaccine? How do you feel that affects the risk ratios?

sure young men naturally 4 times more likely to have myocarditis than others if they're unvaccinated. That's not new and that is not the point at all. .. Is there data showing how many more times a male is likely to have myocarditis post Covid vaccination compared to a control group ? ta

The point is that suffering a Covid infection results in no increase in myocarditis incidence. Not as has previously been asserted that Covid results in an increase in myocarditis cases. I'm sure you can agree given the massive sample size. And i'm glad you point out that different age groups should be assessed differently.

Gameface

PICKS = FLEXIBILITY
Contributor
2018 Award Winner
2020-21 Award Winner
From 0-29yrs 7,981 people in the U.S. have died from covid. From 0-45 the rate of men dying to women is 1.66 (best numbers I could find in a quick search). So well over half of that 7,981 number is young men. Let's just call it a pretty safe 5,000 young men have died from COVID in the U.S..

How many young men have died from myocarditis?

One Brow

sure young men naturally 4 times more likely to have myocarditis than others if they're unvaccinated. That's not new and that is not the point at all. .. Is there data showing how many more times a male is likely to have myocarditis post Covid vaccination compared to a control group ? ta

The point is that suffering a Covid infection results in no increase in myocarditis incidence. Not as has previously been asserted that Covid results in an increase in myocarditis cases. I'm sure you can agree given the massive sample size. And i'm glad you point out that different age groups should be assessed differently.

Actually, that's not something the study itself claims. It is available in it's entirety, for example, https://www.mdpi.com/2077-0383/11/8/2219/htm.
Similar to our study, Xie et al. showed that individuals with COVID-19 infection are at increased risk of cardiovascular complications 30 days after infection, including pericarditis and myocarditis regardless of the need for hospitalization [30]. Comparable with our study, the study population was tested for the risk of inflammatory heart diseases regardless of previous SRAS-COV-2 vaccination. Yet, in contrast, in the study by Xie et al., the tested cohort was homogenous, comprising of US Department of Veterans Affairs with male predominance and young age. The difference in the population characteristics may explain the dissimilarity between the results of the studies as young males are known to exhibit a higher incidence of myocarditis and pericarditis.

In the next paragraph:
Barda et al. studied the occurrence of myocarditis and pericarditis from positive PCR results up to 42 days, while we study recovering patients starting 10 days after infection and for a significantly more prolonged time.

Even more importantly:
Our current study has several limitations. First, although the potential number of participants who were considered for inclusion was large, the number of cases of myocarditis and pericarditis was small. This was mainly attributed to the limitation of a relatively short follow-up period due to the initiation of the massive vaccination program. Second, we included only cases of hospitalized myocarditis or pericarditis patients, whereas outpatient medical records were excluded from the study. This could possibly omit a small number of patients with mild disease. Furthermore, we included a diagnosis of myocarditis and pericarditis according to the medical records, without access to patient-based information regarding confirmation of the diagnosis

So, you can see a difference when you limit the studied population to young men, to within a few weeks of catching the disease, and possibly when you consider all cases instead of just inpatient cases.

Ron Mexico

Contributor
Back to the story of how stupid China is with Covid lately. My wife got Covid in USA over 20 days ago, she had symptoms for about 4 days and tested negative on the 5th day. We have done tests every other day since and never tested positive once. We got to Hong Kong and did tests every day for three days all negative and got to China for their 10 day quarantine, 7 at their facility and then we can do 3 at home if everything is okay. We did the two tests at the airport that are very strict and thorough and they came back negative. But then on the first day of quarantine she got a call... They told her it was inconclusive test and needed more info. After answering questions for 15 minutes they said she was actually positive and was going to be taken to a hospital. 5 phone calls later and a bunch of questions they are still being dumb and lying about, as usual. But we finally demanded and got the report, she is negative by international standards and by China standards, but barely. China is much more strict about the levels on the test but basically she tested the number that is very strict here of something like 35 ppm. That is the standard China considers you negative and releases you. But, they are saying now they think she is trending negative (based on nothing) so she is probably going to be taken away for 10 days or so for strict quarantine watch.

Gameface

PICKS = FLEXIBILITY
Contributor
2018 Award Winner
2020-21 Award Winner
Back to the story of how stupid China is with Covid lately. My wife got Covid in USA over 20 days ago, she had symptoms for about 4 days and tested negative on the 5th day. We have done tests every other day since and never tested positive once. We got to Hong Kong and did tests every day for three days all negative and got to China for their 10 day quarantine, 7 at their facility and then we can do 3 at home if everything is okay. We did the two tests at the airport that are very strict and thorough and they came back negative. But then on the first day of quarantine she got a call... They told her it was inconclusive test and needed more info. After answering questions for 15 minutes they said she was actually positive and was going to be taken to a hospital. 5 phone calls later and a bunch of questions they are still being dumb and lying about, as usual. But we finally demanded and got the report, she is negative by international standards and by China standards, but barely. China is much more strict about the levels on the test but basically she tested the number that is very strict here of something like 35 ppm. That is the standard China considers you negative and releases you. But, they are saying now they think she is trending negative (based on nothing) so she is probably going to be taken away for 10 days or so for strict quarantine watch.
That's rough. Hope it all goes as smoothly as possible.

lauriandres

Does the salary, general living conditions and love from your partner (not to be underestimated component of the life based on my experience) compensate all the hassle?
I have only visited China once in 2009 (Shanghai and its surroundings like Suzhou, Hangzhou, Wuxi and Nanjing), liked the experience and at that time i thought that i surely visit it again. Well, after what happened in Hong Kong in 2019 and now during the COVID crisis, i probably never will.

Ron Mexico

Contributor
Does the salary, general living conditions and love from your partner (not to be underestimated component of the life based on my experience) compensate all the hassle?
I have only visited China once in 2009 (Shanghai and its surroundings like Suzhou, Hangzhou, Wuxi and Nanjing), liked the experience and at that time i thought that i surely visit it again. Well, after what happened in Hong Kong in 2019 and now during the COVID crisis, i probably never will.
Outside of the current situation China has been a great place to live. It has a rich history obviously, the people are great, great food, beautiful places, and some of the best designed cities with good infrastructure. But the current COVID thing has become unbearable and the current regime is becoming more and more of a problem. I'm only in China right now because we sold our house and need to pick up our stuff and fish the paperwork. I won't return to China after this until they drop the 0 COVID policy, or at least go to what Hong Kong is.

Douchebag K

Gameface

PICKS = FLEXIBILITY
Contributor
2018 Award Winner
2020-21 Award Winner

well who ever would have thought this ...
There are outstanding questions you've been asked about assertions you've made on this subject.

Do you have any answers to those questions? Or are you just throwing **** against the wall?

Douchebag K

There are outstanding questions you've been asked about assertions you've made on this subject.

Do you have any answers to those questions? Or are you just throwing **** against the wall?

Not wasting my breath with someone who’s admitted flat out that they don’t care about facts coming to light but merely what their preconceived narrative is. Peace brother, according to this you’d do well to make sure your Vitamin D is topped up.

Gameface

PICKS = FLEXIBILITY
Contributor
2018 Award Winner
2020-21 Award Winner
Not wasting my breath with someone who’s admitted flat out that they don’t care about facts coming to light but merely what their preconceived narrative is. Peace brother, according to this you’d do well to make sure your Vitamin D is topped up.
LMAO

I like facts, I like facts a lot. Give me some you little ***** bitch. You coward little **** stick. Try facts one time. I know you're a scared little punk, but maybe one time get your big boy britches on and give it a test drive.

Douchebag K

From 0-29yrs 7,981 people in the U.S. have died from covid. From 0-45 the rate of men dying to women is 1.66 (best numbers I could find in a quick search). So well over half of that 7,981 number is young men. Let's just call it a pretty safe 5,000 young men have died from COVID in the U.S..

How many young men have died from myocarditis?
How many were vaxxed / not vaxxed, at what stage of the pandemic, what pre existing serious health issues did they have, including being significantly overweight, diabetic, hypertension. Did they die with or from Covid ? how many were in their 20s compared to under 18 ??

I’m mainly throwing this up for thought in the Omicron era.

3, 2, 1. … vent away.