What's new

Coronavirus

what was in it was pretty alarming and explains why Pfizer wanted the records sealed for 75 years. Let's just say it was in character for them. It beggars belief that it's not been widely reported but if you really wanted to you could find it with a few keystrokes. I look forward to hearing your assessment and take on this information.
No no, that's not how this works. If you want to tell us something, don't make us do the work. That's both rude and unsuccessful. Instead, give us the information that convinced you and the citations that show you're not just blowing smoke. The burden of proof is on the one making the claim.

No no, that's not how this works. If you want to tell us something, don't make us do the work. That's both rude and unsuccessful. Instead, give us the information that convinced you and the citations that show you're not just blowing smoke. The burden of proof is on the one making the claim.
Exactly. We see way too much of that crap today. Person makes outrageous claims and expects the rest of us to prove their stupid claim right. That’s not how it works.

The evidence he's talking about is from the efficacy testing data released by the FDA. You can download the document directly from the FDA at: fda.gov/media/144245/download

The bit that has everyone up in arms is on page 42 of the FDA document.
cf58cd_161b106378224e6eafbd84f901b62ae4~mv2.png

I do believe the mRNA vaccines do a good job of spinning up the immune system to help people recover from a COVID infection but this data appears to show from the outset it was known the vaccine wouldn't make people immune to infection. Meh. Not dying sounds like a good deal to me even if it doesn't prevent the sniffles.

nah cbf mate You do the legwork for yourself. it's not exactly difficult

The evidence he's talking about is from the efficacy testing data released by the FDA. You can download the document directly from the FDA at: fda.gov/media/144245/download

I do believe the mRNA vaccines do a good job of spinning up the immune system to help people recover from a COVID infection but this data appears to show from the outset it was known the vaccine wouldn't make people immune to infection. Meh. Not dying sounds like a good deal to me even if it doesn't prevent the sniffles.
I’m in no position to judge all this, but I did find a contrary opinion in the interpretation of the 12% efficacy claim….

View: https://twitter.com/GidMK/status/1523077572808306688

Last edited:
what was in it was pretty alarming and explains why Pfizer wanted the records sealed for 75 years. Let's just say it was in character for them. It beggars belief that it's not been widely reported but if you really wanted to you could find it with a few keystrokes. I look forward to hearing your assessment and take on this information.
I have two jobs and people at home to take care of. I just don't have time to carefully read 10K pages of documents to find a handful of things Pfizer wants hidden.

Thank you. It's important to note that these are cases where the patients tested negative for covid19, which is why they are suspected but unconfirmed.

I have two jobs and people at home to take care of. I just don't have time to carefully read 10K pages of documents to find a handful of things Pfizer wants hidden.
You’re so lazy and selfish. Complicit in Pfizer’s malicious ways. You’re probably paid off by Soros or Gates.

We’d all be better off without vaccines. The best cure for Covid is a flashlight up the rear and guzzling horse dewormer.

so given the plethora of ACTUAL EVIDENCE that pertains to the ability of the Covid vaccines to prevent infections or transmission of Covid 19 and the fact that the CDC have now removed any conditions differentiating the vaccinated from the unvaccinated as well as statements coming thick and fast from all manner of authorities keen to shift the goal posts that the vaccines aren't any good at said prevention of infection or transmission .... I'm curious if any of those vehemently pro vaccine mandates on a moral basis are intellectually honest enough to have changed their mind .. even partially ??

You’re so lazy and selfish. Complicit in Pfizer’s malicious ways. You’re probably paid off by Soros or Gates.

We’d all be better off without vaccines. The best cure for Covid is a flashlight up the rear and guzzling horse dewormer.
Don't threaten me with a good time.

so given the plethora of ACTUAL EVIDENCE that pertains to the ability of the Covid vaccines to prevent infections or transmission of Covid 19 and the fact that the CDC have now removed any conditions differentiating the vaccinated from the unvaccinated as well as statements coming thick and fast from all manner of authorities keen to shift the goal posts that the vaccines aren't any good at said prevention of infection or transmission .... I'm curious if any of those vehemently pro vaccine mandates on a moral basis are intellectually honest enough to have changed their mind .. even partially ??
Yes I found that really interesting. And industry is wondering where to go from here. I know for us we have begun to enforce social distancing more, and done things like put up barriers on break room tables to separate folks. But the vaccine status from the last CDC update is really crazy. The thing we are looking at now, and especially in California where people are entitled to 40 hours of COVID pay for testing positive and an additional 40 hours if they have to quarantine for a case in their home or something, is regular testing and confirmation that people are not positive before returning to work. But we have stopped any mention of the vaccines now. I know LA county had re-implemented the mask mandate, and considering we are seeing a rise in cases in the workplace (one building of maybe 100 employees recently had 14 active positive COVID cases), we are considering the same in our company, and I know other counties in CA are looking at the same thing. It is really looking like we may never get a handle on this thing, not even to the point of regular annual vaccinations like the flu.

Changed our minds in what fashion? What's your standard for "any good" here?

Is this the document that prompted your post?

Yes I found that really interesting. And industry is wondering where to go from here. I know for us we have begun to enforce social distancing more, and done things like put up barriers on break room tables to separate folks. But the vaccine status from the last CDC update is really crazy. The thing we are looking at now, and especially in California ...
I can tell you that in San Diego Unified School district, as of yesterday afternoon, they are no longer requiring kids to be in masks and have admitted to the permanence of COVID. They have even abandoned their earlier metrics for what could trigger putting kids in mask. In just a few weeks they've come a long way from having the head of the district tell all parents to eff off and if you have a problem with masks then do zoom school. Here is the start of the email I got yesterday:

Dear San Diego Unified Family;

We are excited to welcome you back to campus for the 2022-23 school year, which begins Monday, August 29. As the start of the new school year approaches, we want to update you on our COVID-19 mitigation strategies and safety protocols.

We know that COVID-19 is here to stay. We have entered into a new phase of this virus. And thanks to our entire San Diego Unified community and our collective efforts throughout the pandemic, we have accessible at-home testing, districtwide mitigation strategies, vaccinations for COVID-19, and therapeutics available for treatment. Because of this, San Diego Unified is able to adjust to changing conditions.

Due to this new phase, we do not anticipate districtwide masking as we enter the new school year. This means that we will not require districtwide masking if San Diego County enters the high tier in the CDC COVID-19 community level.
[/QUOTE}

I can tell you that in San Diego Unified School district, as of yesterday afternoon, they are no longer requiring kids to be in masks and have admitted to the permanence of COVID. They have even abandoned their earlier metrics for what could trigger putting kids in mask. In just a few weeks they've come a long way from having the head of the district tell all parents to eff off and if you have a problem with masks then do zoom school. Here is the start of the email I got yesterday:
Masking is only effective as everyone wearing them effectively, but also having the right type which minimizes much of the effectiveness. And schoolchildren just can't keep them on and fiddle with them regardless.

That's not saying masking isn't effective when done correctly, just understating the reality that we only get minimal ROI from it. I think social distancing and just generally staying home when you are sick are more effective measures.

what i'm talking about is the basis on which people who didn't want to get vaccinated have been villified, bullied, asked to give up their livelihood etc etc based on the assumption that taking a Covid vaccine meant you wouldn't get or more to the point transmit Covid to the most vulnerable. The "pandemic of the unvaccinated" The reason for feeling ok about shunning and locking people out of society. This whole line of moral superiority and expecting others to make the same decision ... this seems to have fallen by the wayside rather quickly as government authorities all round the world, heck even the drug manufacturers now admit that the Covid vaccines haven't performed as advertised.

anyone who vouched for the "if only everyone got vaccinated the pandemic would end" had pause for thought ?? Anybody regret the way they've treated others as a result of this line of thinking ???

what i'm talking about is the basis on which people who didn't want to get vaccinated have been villified, bullied, asked to give up their livelihood etc etc based on the assumption that taking a Covid vaccine meant you wouldn't get or more to the point transmit Covid to the most vulnerable. The "pandemic of the unvaccinated" The reason for feeling ok about shunning and locking people out of society. This whole line of moral superiority and expecting others to make the same decision ... this seems to have fallen by the wayside rather quickly as government authorities all round the world, heck even the drug manufacturers now admit that the Covid vaccines haven't performed as advertised.

anyone who vouched for the "if only everyone got vaccinated the pandemic would end" had pause for thought ?? Anybody regret the way they've treated others as a result of this line of thinking ???
No, I don't.

Maybe you didn't read the same CDC document I linked to, and are referring to something else. Because that document makes it very clear that we were only able to get to this state by achieving a massive program of vaccination, and isolation/distancing until the vaccinations were sufficiently in place. Now that the situation on the ground has changed, public health advice has adjusted. It's what I had been hoping for these past 2.5 years.

If I ever said I thought the pandemic would end (as opposed to becoming endemic), I was naive and wrong. I don't recall saying that or believing that, but I'm often not good at remembering what I used to believe.

because ?
Because my position had nothing to do with absolute effectiveness of the vaccine or nothing and it wasn't based on speculating about what we may know in the future. It was based on the information available at the time. Getting the vaccine was and is the right thing to do if you want to benefit from living in a society.

Your entire premise here is dumb as ****.