Elijah Millsap: Lindsey in exit interview: “if u say one more word, I’ll cut your Black *** and send you back to Louisiana”.

Eenie-Meenie

Good post but on the Cy thing, you are in the wrong. His context is hate filled and angry and it kind of ruined a very good point and post of yours. You should have left him out. All I did was say that we should wait for evidence to come out instead of simply jump the gun and yell guilty or innocent. He... had the audacity to call me, someone I've never once even said a word to a "racist sympathizer" and calling me "stupid" for simply asking what Quin has to gain from lying. There's nothing to understand here. One can preach anti-hate and anti-bigotry all they want but him calling me a "racist sympathizer" over nothing is doing the exact same thing he claims he is so high horsedly against. A bigot fighting bigotry. It's not an intelligent way to get a point across and it's obvious he does not have the maturity or the tempurament to have this conversation.

So with all due respect I just don't see how spewing hate like Cy did has any form of context whatsoever. Saying and I quote "I have fun with your wife while bearing the cross while she complains about her racially insentive husband" is downright bigotry in more than one way. What about " Funny coming from a fat slob."? He also went from calling me a "racist sympathizer" for simply saying lets wait and see, to saying "I think it's pretty clear DL is overall good dude".

If DL did say these things than he should be gone and if Quin is sticking up for him, him too, but I refuse to concede that jumping the gun without any true context, evidence, or other player complaints is not extremely dangerous no matter the situation. He went from saying "At the end of the day you should probably just go ahead and fire DL immediately" to once more came out to ""I think it's pretty clear DL is overall good dude".

Telling the truth about history is only a “weapon” if your own assumptions about yourself and society constitute a flimsy myth.

No, I expect any leader to be just and fair. I expect them to be man enough to lead without relying on insults or anything derogatory.

No. You are not your construct. Even if these antebellum terms have survived onto our federal forms, it doesn’t make them true. You are English, or German, or French, or whatever. There is no “white” country. Melanin responds genetically to Multi generational proximity to the equator.

as to your point about wondering what the slaves called the slavers 400 years ago, who cares? Owners get the bag of money. Slaves get the shaft.

If all you learned from your history studies are that racial constructs constitute “a game of semantics”, then I hope you go back to school soon.

The white race is a myth that was created to reinforce the power structure that was created by one group of human beings owning the other group.
When did I say anything about the "white" race? We all agree on the N-word, but are we going to weaponize the terms black and white? Yes, language is an unconscious reflection of values. So, are you saying now we can't use the word black because it denotes the society's prejudice against blacks? So, what are you supposed to say, he / she is an oppressed person, unfairly demonized by society?

Engorged On Unborn Gore

Of course, that doen't give him a right to call someone "racist sympathizer". Sticking up for bigotry and downright hateful comments when fighting bigotry and hateful comments really ruins your point.
Well, if you read what I actually said you’ll see that I’m not sticking up for bigotry.

Reading your posts makes me think of that ”jump to conclusions” mat idea from Office Space.

Eenie-Meenie

Let's put the shoes on the other foot. What if a black GM said to a white player, I'm going to send your white *** back to Louisiana? You think people would be upset about that? It may not be a polite thing to say, but that doesn't mean the GM should be fired.

SteakNEggs

Well, if you read what I actually said you’ll see that I’m not sticking up for bigotry.

Reading your posts makes me think of that ”jump to conclusions” mat idea from Office Space.
You really want to go down the "jumping to conclusions" route ? I'm not one demanding someone be fired(like Cy). I just want both sides of the story.

Whatever, I don't want to fight about it. I'm done. This bickering is exactly why we as humans will never be able to fix this. Have a good one.

movedaball

Telling the truth about history is only a “weapon” if your own assumptions about yourself and society constitute a flimsy myth.

No, I expect any leader to be just and fair. I expect them to be man enough to lead without relying on insults or anything derogatory.

No. You are not your construct. Even if these antebellum terms have survived onto our federal forms, it doesn’t make them true. You are English, or German, or French, or whatever. There is no “white” country. Melanin responds genetically to Multi generational proximity to the equator.

as to your point about wondering what the slaves called the slavers 400 years ago, who cares? Owners get the bag of money. Slaves get the shaft.

If all you learned from your history studies are that racial constructs constitute “a game of semantics”, then I hope you go back to school soon.

The white race is a myth that was created to reinforce the power structure that was created by one group of human beings owning the other group.
Holy moly that was an epic response. Well done There is so much ignorance in this world. Now fostered by disinformation for profit. Thanks capitalism!

movedaball

Let's put the shoes on the other foot. What if a black GM said to a white player, I'm going to send your white *** back to Louisiana? You think people would be upset about that? It may not be a polite thing to say, but that doesn't mean the GM should be fired.
Right so the total horsesh%t logic of what you’re saying here ignores the fact that it was “black” people (NOT “white” people) who were kidnapped, enslaved, bought and sold, tortured, and murdered for hundreds of years... as a system of law and society

SO, yes if Africans had colonized America, and then enslaved millions of Europeans to build and work this country, and THEN... on a basketball team, the GM said “I’m gonna send your white as5 back to Louisiana”... THAT would be “putting yourself in their shoes”. And yeah that would be outrageously racist and insensitive. And would require real disciplinary actions... duuuuuhhhh

Last edited:

babe

Hafta skip most of this thread.

When I heard the news on this, my first thought was how much better Donovan Mitchell has been for our team. I think he has done very well mostly from his attitude and leadership, in helping to build team spirit.

Something we didn't have before.

Jus' sayin'.

I think we face a serious test if we meet the Lakers in the playoffs. They are taking a break sorta to mend their people. If they are the best, it doesn't even matter who they face or in what order, it just matters that they are all in good condition.

Eenie-Meenie

Right so the total horsesh%t logic of what you’re saying here ignores the fact that it was “black” people (NOT “white” people) who were kidnapped, enslaved, bought and sold, tortured, and murdered for hundreds of years... as a system of law and society

SO, yes if Africans had colonized America, and then enslaved millions of Europeans to build and work this country, and THEN... on a basketball team, the GM said “I’m gonna send your white as5 back to Louisiana”... THAT would be “putting yourself in their shoes”. And yeah that would be outrageously racist and insensitive. And would require real disciplinary actions... duuuuuhhhh
You're so full of poppycock. Since when is calling someone black a term of derision? Yes, that's the history, but calling someone black has never in my life been something hostile. The logical conclusion of this political correctness is to neutralize our language, and we won't be able to refer to the race, gender, or ethnicity of someone for fear that we will offend them, and that to do so, is a sign of denigration.

Engorged On Unborn Gore

When did I say anything about the "white" race?
In your original post that I responded to.

We all agree on the N-word, but are we going to weaponize the terms black and white?
They are Antebellum terms. they originated within the justifications for human trafficking. That system of understanding led our country to a considerable conflict, yet we still insist on these terms.

IMO, they carry the promise of an Antebellum result in our future. The result of white supremacy, as an idea, is still clamoring for exactly that.

So, are you saying now we can't use the word black because it denotes the society's prejudice against blacks? So, what are you supposed to say, he / she is an oppressed person, unfairly demonized by society?
I didn't say "you can't" anything. Go ahead and continue with what has ruined us for hundreds of years as a country, if that's what you're interested in. But don't call it "telling the truth". The truth is that your ancestry is far more complex and rich than what is communicated by insisting that you are "white", which is just a myth you inherited from people who got it wrong in more ways than one.

Brown people have done plenty of work to analyze their own construct. Read some Du Bois and James Baldwin, if you want. Being half English and half Mexican, I leave them to it for the most part. But the euro part of my blood gives me plenty of ground from which to criticize past European/Caucasian understandings that I find to be erroneous.

Last edited: