What's new

Elijah Millsap: Lindsey in exit interview: “if u say one more word, I’ll cut your Black *** and send you back to Louisiana”.

Personally I hate it when the victim of this type of slander wether it happened or not comes forward 6 ****ing years later. Maybe this is insensitive of me, but I don’t understand why you wait 6 ****ing years and it just happens to be when the jazz are having easily the greatest season in jazz history to this point, smells of having an ax to grind regardless of if true or not. If true have the courage to say something in the same calendar year. If someone had done this to me and I didn’t feel the need to say something at the time, this is going to my grave. If not true you’re just being a bitch and looking to ruin someone. Even if true and you wait 6 years to the point it’s the jazz best season ever you’re just looking to screw someone.
Without saying this is necessarily my opinion, motivation for anything is a venn diagram that we always like to distill down to one reason. So there's a myriad of reasons why someone may come forward later. One could be that they chose to let it go and be the bigger person, but as people continue to have more and more prominence, it may fester and build more resentment, especially if someone is watching someone get what may be unfair adulation that perhaps wouldn't be warranted if people knew 'what they were really like.' So late allegations don't necessarily mean one particular thing.

But, bottom line, we too often rely on presumed motive or perceived reputation as lenses to help us decipher truth, when neither are all that reliable, but they do afford us the false sense of security in thinking we've got the best information we can possess to justify our opinions.

Without saying this is necessarily my opinion, motivation for anything is a venn diagram that we always like to distill down to one reason. So there's a myriad of reasons why someone may come forward later. One could be that they chose to let it go and be the bigger person, but as people continue to have more and more prominence, it may fester and build more resentment, especially if someone is watching someone get what may be unfair adulation that perhaps wouldn't be warranted if people knew 'what they were really like.' So late allegations don't necessarily mean one particular thing.

But, bottom line, we too often rely on presumed motive or perceived reputation as lenses to help us decipher truth, when neither are all that reliable, but they do afford us the false sense of security in thinking we've got the best information we can possess to justify our opinions.
But 6 years??

I'm obviously not going to be judge and juror in this situation, but being a successful well mannered white guy really doesn't make me assume that DL is in the clear here lol. 6 years ago, hardly anyone would have cared. Hell, I've heard stuff like this said much more recently than that. Whoever said it probably didn't even realize that it was offensive...especially given the power dynamic. This type of racism was far too common and I'm glad that we're at a point where everyone knows that it's not ok.

As for your anti cancel culture warriors...yall overreact and whine as much as anyone. I have a good theory on why that is, but it's probably better to keep that to myself. If DL did say this, he should have apologized and the Jazz should implement things to further dialogue and prevent these things from happening again. He would not have lost his job over this, his life wouldn't have been ruined. Morgan Scalley is just fine, so is Danny Ferry, and so are most of the people who have been "cancelled".

DL obviously denied this and because Quin didn't speak up there's not going to be any proof here. Still, the Jazz should do their best to make sure something like this doesn't happen. And they should make it known that this type of behavior is not OK. Really, the most important thing here is to make it abundantly clear that the Jazz work culture does not allow that so it never happens.
Post of the thread.

This is some ********. I'd DL was racist do you think Rudy, Donovan, Conley, Oneal, Clarckson would stick about? These are men with integrity and wouldnt stand for this type of bs. Never cry wolf even if your pro ball campaign didnt work out.

The mention of his race on top of the I will send you back to Louisiana is really rough. But even without the reference there is a tone to that you are property and I am power.

Guess we will see how woke Ryan really is.

Why are you just automatically assuming DL said exactly that? What happened to innocent until proven guilty? This is the first time we’ve heard DL saying anything like this...

Again, I find it strange you are talking like it’s 100% true

Sent from my iPhone using JazzFanz mobile app

Sunk cost effect. The possibility of it being true could have caused so much damage to this Jazz teams championship quest that it is best for us to cut our loss and fire the man who has been fairly mediocre at his job anyways.

Fairly mediocre doesn’t result in the best start in franchise history through 32 games and 4 games up in the loss column ahead of the 2nd place team in the league (who you happen to own the tie breaker against so 5 games up wow.

Sent from my iPhone using JazzFanz mobile app

Does anybody that 5 years ago DL spoke to a player like a slave owner? Anybody?

It's basically your words versus his. Then up to the players and media to pick their side. AND WE DON'T WANT TO GO INTO THAT. Next thing you know it goes into players mind that your team president could be a racist then they lost all of their energy and motivation on the court.

Any other year maybe we can afford to do a bit of investigation and find out what happened. Not now. Not the year of 2021.

Let's see if anyone comes out to verify Millsap's story. he had to have told someone at the time if true. But I agree this could feasibly wreck our season.

The comment, if accurately recalled by Elijah, is certainly inappropriate. But if that was the worst thing DL ever did it kind of gets a "meh" from me.

I'd like to live in a better world. I'd like to have better equality and eliminate injustice as much as possible. But I have no illusions about humanity ever achieving perfection, or anything close to it. Yeah, easy enough to say that comment is unacceptable. But we have zero context. I don't think this goes very far.
It's more than meh, especially if he's denying it. He just needs to own it and apologize

My main views:
1. What does Elijah have to gain from this? Absolutely nothing.

2. If he wanted to makeup a fake he said/she said story, couldn't he have thought of something much more damaging?

3. We know that DL has a fiery streak. Things can be said in the heat of the moment and exit interviews can get heated as they are very "real" moments.

4. Is what DL said that egregious? No, but if he's denying it then it just makes it look worse. Will we ever truly know if Quin doesn't speak up? No. Hell Quin might legitimately not remember. From the responses in this thread, you can tell white people don't consider that bad to the point that I don't think it would register to many.

At the end of the day you should probably just go ahead and fire DL immediately. He can be replaced and Utah already had shakey race relations. This could do a ton of damage to the org if the story stays in the media.

Best thing would be to own up and apologize. I think most players/people would accept that.

My main views:
1. What does Elijah have to gain from this? Absolutely nothing.

2. If he wanted to makeup a fake he said/she said story, couldn't he have thought of something much more damaging?

3. We know that DL has a fiery streak. Things can be said in the heat of the moment and exit interviews can get heated as they are very "real" moments.

4. Is what DL said that egregious? No, but if he's denying it then it just makes it look worse. Will we ever truly know if Quin doesn't speak up? No. Hell Quin might legitimately not remember. From the responses in this thread, you can tell white people don't consider that bad to the point that I don't think it would register to many.

At the end of the day you should probably just go ahead and fire DL immediately. He can be replaced and Utah already had shakey race relations. This could do a ton of damage to the org if the story stays in the media.

Best thing would be to own up and apologize. I think most players/people would accept that.
Extremely dangerous road you're taking here over nothing but he said she said. What if he didn't say it? How about instead of jumping the guns and trying to demonize someone we wait to hear from other sources? Unfortunately people would rather ruin someone's career over no evidence or no other stories as of yet. If he said this once, there's no way he hasn't said something to other players. Common sense says let's wait a minute here but sadly in today's day and age people like to destroy people without fully knowing the story.

Last edited:
Have to wait and see how players respond to this
Have not heard anything yet from Donovan and Rudy
That may be deciding factor for DLs future