Bojan
Donovan
Conley

Davis
Ingles
O'Neale
Exum

would be an all right team, no?
Damn. I don’t know about personality and locker room fit, but as a player he’d be awesome.

If the Jazz got a big, fat trade exception, I'm wondering if we could use it to pick up.......say, Gallinari. The Clippers are going to try to move him.
Jazz don't get a trade exception because they are operating under the cap.

I love Favors. Probably my favorite Jazz player from this iteration of the team. I'm glad he gets to keep his money and he is going on an exciting team where he can start this year at his natural position. The Pels are lucky to have him and hopefully the league will see what they've forgotten over the past several years - just how good Favors really is.

I will always be rooting for Favs.

Jazz don't get a trade exception because they are operating under the cap.
GVC has posed some interesting S&T scenarios in the Favors to NOP thread where we can do all the moves above the cap.

ETA: wait, this is the Favors to NOP thread. Maybe you haven’t gotten that far yet.

GVC has posed some interesting S&T scenarios in the Favors to NOP thread where we can do all the moves above the cap.

You mean this thread? :)

I don't think they are likely though. And certainly nothing like that has been announced or leaked.

edit: and there are at least two specific things the Jazz have done which indicate they are planning to operate below the cap, namely a) sign Boj for almost exactly the amount of free cap space they have and b) sign Davis for exactly the room exception value.

Multiple S&T's still a possibility.

Crowder + Korver + Grayson + Rubio: ~$34mm
Total salary Jazz can take back: $42.6mm
Conley + Davis: ~$37.3 (if Phoenix and Brooklyn play ball...)

Favors to Pelicans; Bojan S&T into Favors trade exception (a 4-yr contract starting at $16.9mm w/ 5% raises is worth $72.67mm).

Jazz still have the full MLE and BAE to play with. Unlikely, I know, but I'm still holding out hope.
Looking at that number for Bojan makes me think there’s something to this.

You mean this thread? :)

I don't think they are likely though. And certainly nothing like that has been announced or leaked.

edit: and there are at least two specific things the Jazz have done which indicate they are planning to operate below the cap, namely a) sign Boj for almost exactly the amount of free cap space they have and b) sign Davis for exactly the room exception value.
Of course they’re going to make deals in a way that doesn’t REQUIRE them to use S&Ts, but I would argue that Bojan’s number would indicate the Jazz are hoping to roll it into a S&T, otherwise, they could’ve offered a little more.

One of the reasons for the moratorium is so teams can figure out details and potentially tweak deals once they have a better picture of the bigger picture.

Of course they’re going to make deals in a way that doesn’t REQUIRE them to use S&Ts, but I would argue that Bojan’s number would indicate the Jazz are hoping to roll it into a S&T, otherwise, they could’ve offered a little more.
I don't follow. Didn't they sign Boj for essentially the exact amount freed up by Favors leaving (maybe minus a little so the Jazz don't have to release Neto, I haven't double checked that yet)?

I don't follow. Didn't they sign Boj for essentially the exact amount freed up by Favors leaving (maybe minus a little so the Jazz don't have to release Neto, I haven't double checked that yet)?
Why wouldn’t the Jazz be able to take back the same salary amount that they were sending out? This of course is provided it’s after the Jazz guarantee Favors’ deal precious to trading him.

Why wouldn’t the Jazz be able to take back the same salary amount that they were sending out? This of course is provided it’s after the Jazz guarantee Favors’ deal precious to trading him.
Sorry, I don't understand at all. Maybe autocorrect was cruel to you?
The Jazz have to guarantee favors in order to trade him. They are trading him for no salary.
The Jazz are signing a free agent with essential all their cap room.
The Jazz are signing another free agent for the room exception.
Doesn't seem like rocket science.

If the Jazz got a big, fat trade exception, I'm wondering if we could use it to pick up.......say, Gallinari. The Clippers are going to try to move him.
It wouldn’t be a trade exception, for starters. If it were, the Jazz wouldn’t be able to take back a cent more than the size of the TPE.

Furthermore, since they signed Beverly, I think that clearly signals they’re moving away from the 2nd max slot thing, and subsequently moving on from dumping Gallinari into space.

Sorry, I don't understand at all. Maybe autocorrect was cruel to you?
The Jazz have to guarantee favors in order to trade him. They are trading him for no salary.
The Jazz are signing a free agent with essential all their cap room.
The Jazz are signing another free agent for the room exception.
Doesn't seem like rocket science.
-The BAE and room MLE are virtually the same amount, IIRC. What they call it on July 6th or whatever won’t matter, but they’ll have that amount one way or another.

-Teams below the cap don’t need to match incoming salaries with outgoing salaries. Absorbing Favors requires a team (The Pelicans in this case) to be at least his cap number under the cap (which they are/were) whether it’s before or after his deal is guaranteed.

-*previous

Last edited: