What's new

LeBron to Lakers

Thankfully we’ll get to see Lebron lose in 4 against the warriors in the first round rather than having to wait and see it in the finals.

Honestly, this could very well be LeBron's last NBA contract payday, so he's preparing to lay roots for his post-playing career. He'll be 34 next year and 37 in the last year of this deal (if he sees it through). No one beats Father Time.

I still think our window is in another couple years. Rudy will be in his prime, Donovan will keep improving, and we'll have quite a bit of flexibility to shake things up next year. As it stands, I think we'll have somewhere in the neighborhood of 50 mil + free next year depending on how Exum and Favors shake out. Certainly not our final form, but obviously playoffs are the goal this season.

This move is disheartening for teams like the Jazz. Jazz are well run organization for the most part and have built a good team. LA the last several years have been one big piece of crap and they get rewarding anyways. I like Lebron but there is no way in hell I will root for him in a Laker uniform. I don't blame Lebron for leaving Cleveland, another poorly run franchise but why did it have to be the Lakers. Why Lebron Why?? ESPN will be even more unwatchable with the 24/7 love fest about Lebron. I can't even imagine Laker fans and how obnoxious they will be. So glad I don't live in LA anymore.

Kaywhy is now threatening to sit out next season if not traded to Lakers.
If I'm San Antonio I call that bluff. Kawhi can intentionally waste two years of his career. I absolutely guarantee that if he doesn't play this year he does not come back the same player after missing two seasons. I'd let him rot on the bench.

Isn’t this lakers team worse than his Cleveland team? I don’t get this move unless a kawhi trade is coming down. Now he must go through the warriors, rockets, pelicans, and us. Weird move unless kawhi is guaranteed to be heading to LA

Won't make any difference if Kawhi comes to LA or not! He's damaged goods, won't finish the season and even if he was in tip top shape they don't have enough fire power for us or GS or Houston for that matter!

If I'm San Antonio I call that bluff. Kawhi can intentionally waste two years of his career. I absolutely guarantee that if he doesn't play this year he does not come back the same player after missing two seasons. I'd let him rot on the bench.

San Antonio can sue him if he refused to play without medical reasons. He's not stupid. Right?

This move is disheartening for teams like the Jazz. Jazz are well run organization for the most part and have built a good team. LA the last several years have been one big piece of crap and they get rewarding anyways. I like Lebron but there is no way in hell I will root for him in a Laker uniform. I don't blame Lebron for leaving Cleveland, another poorly run franchise but why did it have to be the Lakers. Why Lebron Why?? ESPN will be even more unwatchable with the 24/7 love fest about Lebron. I can't even imagine Laker fans and how obnoxious they will be. So glad I don't live in LA anymore.

It honestly might of been what his family wanted. He's probably indifferent to where he goes at this point, he's got plenty of rings.

Easy, they get rid of East and West Conferences

I mean, I guess that would help but we're still gonna lose these superteams when we face them in a playoff series.

Again, not worried.

Lebron either wastes one year in mediocrity and gets yet another year older then signs Kawhi or the Lakers trade all of their young talent to get Kawhi.

Either way, we win. Lebron can’t keep this up forever. And Pops is under no obligation to give his best asset up to his arch rival for nothing.

In order for this Lebron to LA thing to work he needed someone like Paul or George to be signing together with him.

So yes, this brings the lakers into playoff contention. But nothing more. And no one is obligated to send the Lakers a superstar without bleeding the Lakers dry of their young talent.

Meanwhile Lebron gets older.

Not worried at all.

I mean, I guess that would help but we're still gonna lose these superteams when we face them in a playoff series.

There’s literally no move we can make that can propel us past the warriors. They’re that much ahead of everyone. The only way they lose is if they miss a few of their star players to injury.

And as far as the rockets? I think we beat them if they lose both ariza and Capella in free agency. I love that they’ve signed paul to an insane contract. He’s already injury prone. That doesn’t get better with age.

I think people are missing that our entire core is young.

It honestly might of been what his family wanted. He's probably indifferent to where he goes at this point, he's got plenty of rings.

He LOVES attention. And he wants more rings. He'll probably announce his candidacy for President around the time his contract expires.

here is my opinion on this matter. There are some things that I am looking at going, why the ****? but I think i can see why.
1. Family Move, Lebron knows he won't get any more rings. So like somebody previously stated, he is simply planting his flag in LA for business reasons. ALSO I think he is doing it for his son, he might have some good school connections and offers in LA.
or
2. Lebron knows that Magic and pelinkatits are lining up another home-run move to pair him with.
or
3. THE BIG ONE, he has pre knowledge of divisions getting thrown out. (doubt it)

Lakers are going to be good, any team adds lebron you will win A LOT of games. Lakers might get 50 next season.

forgot to mention...

this is a 4 year deal, not 1+1. He's there 4 years. He might have had an epiphany and realized he's getting older and his body might be breaking down soon. Wanted to add that the 4 year deal is an admission by LeBron that he realizes he’s getting old. He could’ve done another 1&1. He wants that guaranteed money in case he starts breaking down between 34-38. Kobe hit the wall at like 35, Lebron is almost there. I don't see how an athlete can keep this up at that age unless hes on some russian world cup dopejuice.