What's new

Off-Season Rumblings

People are getting super annoying though. If the rumor is we’re interested in anyone who’s not a top-10 player they have a breakdown.
It’s only annoying because your opinion differs. There are super annoying people on both sides of this debate. I do think Tankers have a tone to their complaints that is more grating.

It’s fair for everyone to be critical of the plan because there is no plan.

It’s only annoying because your opinion differs. There are super annoying people on both sides of this debate. I do think Tankers have a tone to their complaints that is more grating.

It’s fair for everyone to be critical of the plan because there is no plan.
No, it’s super annoying regardless. I’m on record to be fine with any route we go. I trust the front office. People who act like Danny is going to be fine putting a mid team together or blowing his assets on a non-star are wasting their breath and energy.

Are the 6-7 extra wins that take you from 25 to 32 so amazing you want to reduce your chances of top 4 pick by 50% and also pick 3-5 spots lower than you could have. The draft slot difference alone is worth at least another first in most drafts if you move back. I get that Detroit exists… so does SA and OKC.
So does Atlanta?

Sent from my CPH2451 using Tapatalk

Clarkson and picks?
Basically anyone besides Lauri, sexton, key and Hendricks plus 2 picks.
Probably not enough but that is what I would offer

1. You can’t bring hind sight into this.

2. We won I believe 5 games after the deadline moves were made. All we needed to do was make those trades before the season, play the rookies and some GLeague’ers

So what did the deadline deals tell you? Lol
I'm not using hindsight. I literally said 4 years from now. 4 years from now is the opposite of hindsight.
Me saying there is no way to know is the opposite of hindsight.

I only hate tank talk because we know it's not happening. And since we're not tanking, every single discussion turns into "I'd rather tank instead". OK cool, we get it. Be real bad, draft real good player, be good team....yada yada yada. It's an irrelevant topic because it won't happen. I wish there could be one thread for all complaining about "we should tank" instead of every single thread devolving into this.

As far as draft night trades it would be great to see a scenario where the Jazz use WK and Cle ‘25 to move up and grab Castle. Use 10 for Tidjane and then can combine 39 and 32 and send them to Phoenix for 22 or something similar and get Edey if he he doesn’t move up to far.

Sent from my iPhone using JazzFanz

If they were forced to be as much of the offense as Clarkson, sure. But they wouldn't not have. So shots would have gone to much better players. Clarkson was a huge negative last year.
Yeah maybe. I just think even a ****** vet having a bad year is so much more competent but if the case is he held back Sexton (key was bad) then maybe. I don't think that was DA's design of course.

I have to say...it's a ****** feeling to want to ignore the reporting because you hate the ideas so much. Mikal Bridges....definitely do not want to be the team who does the godfather offer. Miles Bridges? Yuck. Tobias Harris? You've gotta be kidding me.

I only hate tank talk because we know it's not happening. And since we're not tanking, every single discussion turns into "I'd rather tank instead". OK cool, we get it. Be real bad, draft real good player, be good team....yada yada yada. It's an irrelevant topic because it won't happen. I wish there could be one thread for all complaining about "we should tank" instead of every single thread devolving into this.
I’m so confused by this. The team positioned itself to be bad two years ago and tanked their asses off down the stretch the last two years. As much as anything else, I’m annoyed as **** that the Jazz position themselves like that and then half-*** the execution.

Last year when we went on that run was pretty demoralizing since after that we made tank moves and I thought to myself why not do this before the season? Then we did something like win 5 games the rest of the year. Lol

Sure falling from 1 to 5 would’ve sucked but it would’ve passed. And 5 is still better than 10
Had we tanked a little less we would be picking #1. There aren't any guarantees for tanking.

I been on this corner for a while. Unless it’s Walker I’m not sure we can get in. They would likely give everything for Lauri but that ain’t happening.

Walker for 13 if Edey is there?

I’m buying into the Edey propaganda….but SAC does not seem like a Kessler team to me. I think I had read that they were looking for a C though.

I have to say...it's a ****** feeling to want to ignore the reporting because you hate the ideas so much. Mikal Bridges....definitely do not want to be the team who does the godfather offer. Miles Bridges? Yuck. Tobias Harris? You've gotta be kidding me.
It is OK to ignore a lot of the reporting. If it is coming from multiple people, THEN pay attention.

I’m so confused by this. The team positioned itself to be bad two years ago and tanked their asses off down the stretch the last two years. As much as anything else, I’m annoyed as **** that the Jazz position themselves like that and then half-*** the execution.
I've said this before but I really think DA is pretty blasé in his approach because historically he's been able to tinker around until things fall from the sky or create a perfect storm to swoop in (twice) and he hasn't felt the need to be invested in to what he feels are small potatoes. I'm just not sure that strategy is the right approach here and now.

Back