What's new

Official FIFA World Cup 2014 Thread

• Thread starter Deleted member 848
  • Start date
Agreed. Likewise, 22 Jump Street's crazy high rating on imdb baffles me. It was a very clear notch (if not more) below the first one. Humor should just come naturally and there were way to many scenes in A2 and 22JS where the actors were trying waaaaaay too hard. I guess because the lines sucked. 22 though was clearly better than A2 imo.
I agree about 22 jump street.

Kinda funny but really mediocre. Loved the first one

All of Tim Howard's stops last game...in one gif.

29b3cf80-03a3-11e4-82c9-a7e4c3ccce4c_howardsavesBIGFINAL.gif

I realize I'm late to this celebration party but Howard was great. Stupendous really. I'm glad he was able to set a record.

This .gif reminds me of a photo that was sold back in the late 90's or the mid 2000's. I think it was made by one of the photogs for one of the local rags. It was a composite image of Stockton assisting, shooting and passing all from one game. I bought it and still have it. I never got it framed. Does anyone else remember this photo?

Is there any way Germany does not win this?

Is there any way Germany does not win this?

Yes, and I'll give you two reasons.

1) FIFA. They're as corrupt as the IOC. Don't be surprised to see a shady call or two in Argentina's favor. The games are in Brazil and Argentina winning would be a sort of consolation prize for the South Americans.
2) Soccer is much like hockey imo. If your goalie is in a zone, all it takes is one shot to win.

1) FIFA. They're as corrupt as the IOC. Don't be surprised to see a shady call or two in Argentina's favor. The games are in Brazil and Argentina winning would be a sort of consolation prize for the South Americans.
2) Soccer is much like hockey imo. If your goalie is in a zone, all it takes is one shot to win.

Well the Brazilians hate Argentina more than the rest of the world Hitler...

Going by that logic we got the ref on our side ;)

Yeah Quin, Argentina winning is Brazil's absolute nightmare scenario, not a consolation prize in the slightest.

Agreed. Likewise, 22 Jump Street's crazy high rating on imdb baffles me. It was a very clear notch (if not more) below the first one. Humor should just come naturally and there were way to many scenes in A2 and 22JS where the actors were trying waaaaaay too hard. I guess because the lines sucked. 22 though was clearly better than A2 imo.

imdb ratings aint what it used to be.

back in the day only smart intelligent people used the internet.

so only those people rated it.

nowadays the retards on the web outnumber the intelligent people. so imdb ratings has gone to ****

it would be an insult to brazil if argentina wins it in brazil bro.

Pretty sure losing in the semifinals was their absolute nightmare scenario.

Nope, Argentina winning the world cup is their nightmare scenario. That obviously precludes that Brazil would NOT be winning it.

(Dunno if you're familiar, but only one team can win)

£¥£