What's new

Official FIFA World Cup 2014 Thread

• Thread starter Deleted member 848
  • Start date
It was one of the best international sports tournament of the recent history. The best team of the organization won it all as well. So no frustration too, maybe except the bad referees overall.

DEUTSCHLAND DEUTSCHLAND DEUTSCHLAND DEUTSCHLAND!

Going out on a limb, but my country is the San Antonio Spurs of football.

deutschland-vs-argentinien--schere-stein-papier.jpg

It was one of the best international sports tournament of the recent history. The best team of the organization won it all as well. So no frustration too, maybe except the bad referees overall.

Absolutely it was. Im hooked. How do I follow the US NT from here on....meaning the next 4 years?

argentina did not deserve to make it this far.

they only scored 7 goals. (total 8 1 being a own goal) they had 4 goals against.

germany 18-4
netherlands 15-4
columbia 12-4
france 10-3
then argentina 8(7)-4

soccer sucks monkey balls

soccer sucks monkey balls

But yet you keep watching. Why? Because if you didn't, you wouldn't have another thing to complain about. Come on, Butch, the faux martyrdom is getting tiresome.

This electronic post has been constructed, arranged and transmitted via an Apple branded communication device using the Tapatalk application.

I love the German fan who brought in a poster saying "We will not let them win in your house!"

Lol

I'm not sure which country is happier that Germany won... Brazil or Germany?

Most brazilians I know loved today's game. Watching Argentina win would have been as painful as watching a Michael Jordan owner, with a Pat Riley GM, Phil Jackson as HC, Mark Jackson as assistant, Kobe-Melo-CJ Miles-Dwight Howard-Boozer-Fisher led Lakers team crush the Spurs in the Delta Center for the championship... All while mooning Jslo, spraying graffiti onto the statues, dumping beer on Max Hall's relatives, and giving Hayward Wet Willies.

Brazil vs Argentina makes the BYU vs lil brother rivalry look like nothing.

Needless to say, I'm glad that the best team won.

Absolutely it was. Im hooked. How do I follow the US NT from here on....meaning the next 4 years?

Friendly matches tend to be broadcasted by one of the ESPNs. Their next friendly is on September 4th against the Czech Republic (in Prague). Their page doesn't have TV info yet. I guess they could be on other channels (I know last year their away qualifying matches for this year's World Cup were on some network called BelinSport I've never heard of, though Directv gets it).

As for tournaments, in 2015 the Gold Cup (which is our region's championship tournament) happens, usually in July or thereabouts. In 2016 the Copa America Centennial happens (which is South America's championship tournament, though they always invite other countries since they have a whopping 10 members...this year it will be six countries from our region), and I'm really looking forward to that one. And in late 2016 and 2017 the qualifying for the 2018 World Cup begins. Most of this stuff happens in the summers though the qualifying games can be anywhere from January to late October/early November.

This is probably the easiest link to see the upcoming matches. Right now just the Czech's are on the schedule, but a little non-activity is to be expected after the World Cup.

https://www.ussoccer.com/matches

Anyways this was probably the best World Cup I've ever seen, though the 2002 one has a place in my heart because of the US's performance that year. Though this year they did acquit themselves well.

Last edited:
The best thing it could happen in this World Cup would be Brazil winning it all. The second best thing would be Argentina losing in the final game. Brazil is not sad anymore :D

But yet you keep watching. Why? Because if you didn't, you wouldn't have another thing to complain about. Come on, Butch, the faux martyrdom is getting tiresome.

This electronic post has been constructed, arranged and transmitted via an Apple branded communication device using the Tapatalk application.

i did not watch