What's new

Rio Olympics anyone?

2 small

Sent from my A0001 using Tapatalk
article-2334157-1A16C023000005DC-367_634x786.jpg

Anyone else think they should have a 2 on 2 event for basketball? (aka Actual Volley Ball vs Beach Volley Ball?)

We can hold it outdoor, street ball style.

FIBA is pushing for 3vs3 since ages. No success so far.
I'm confused though why you'd propose 2v2 basketball. That would be beyond boring and I've never heard of a streetball court that elects to 2v2.

IN Volleyball, the beach mode is the one that requires more skill/talent, pays better and is more watchable and renowned than it's indoor stepbrother.

FIBA is pushing for 3vs3 since ages. No success so far.
I'm confused though why you'd propose 2v2 basketball. That would be beyond boring and I've never heard of a streetball court that elects to 2v2.

IN Volleyball, the beach mode is the one that requires more skill/talent, pays better and is more watchable and renowned than it's indoor stepbrother.

Well I'm thinking of the video game "NBA Jam"?

Also 3 on 3, is too similar to 5 on 5 IMO... so to make it more distinct, go with 2 on 2... but I wouldn't complain if it's 3 on 3.

This to me is the story of the Olympics so far... it's also the 1st gold medal for Singapore. For other countries that get medals after medals after medals,... for Singapore to win this is pretty amazing.

Fantastic.

schooling.jpg

Well I'm thinking of the video game "NBA Jam"?

Also 3 on 3, is too similar to 5 on 5 IMO... so to make it more distinct, go with 2 on 2... but I wouldn't complain if it's 3 on 3.

Well as I said: None ever plays 2v2 basketball. It's not a thing. 2v2 would just be like 1v1 with the requirement that both players can shoot 3s. Otherwise it's 1v2 or Pick and Roll with penetration containment for the entire duration.

Well as I said: None ever plays 2v2 basketball. It's not a thing. 2v2 would just be like 1v1 with the requirement that both players can shoot 3s. Otherwise it's 1v2 or Pick and Roll with penetration containment for the entire duration.

Well in the USA Basketball before the Olympics guys would compete in 1 on 1 drills all the time... it really showed how good each players are making moves, etc.

I thought it was quite entertaining... then you add 1 more player makes it even more fun IMO ...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GHe99ohaDvM

Yesterday a co worker of mine said that phelps has won more medals in his 5 Olympics than Mexico, the country, has won in all of the Olympics in their history.

Has anyone watched Judo???

LOL ... like, what is the point of it?? Are you allowed to punch?? Are you allowed to kick?? No right? So what do you do? And what's with running away to preserve your points (i.e., non-combat)?

I mean this guy ran away from his opponent once he punched him,... and he won the match (you're allowed 2 non-combats before being deducted points).
Lol what an ignorant post.

Lol, man you need to be more specific. Are you talking Greco-Roman wrestling, freestyle wrestling, sumo wrestling, turkish oil wrestling or Sambo wrestling? There is so many types and each has its own advantages.
Turkish oil wrestling FTW lol