What's new

STAYWARD

I really wonder if Jazz fans will go the OKC/CLE fan route and post videos of them burning Hayward's jersey if he leaves.

I really wonder if Jazz fans will go the OKC/CLE fan route and post videos of them burning Hayward's jersey if he leaves.

Nah, he's been pretty up-front and hasn't shown any disrespect to the Jazz or Utah. He gets to make his choice. I mean, speaking for myself. I'm sure there will be idiots out there, there always is.

I won't... but it will sting and I may boo him just for the fact that the Boston fans are so damn annoying. I won't be rooting for his success like with Booker, D-Will, and others, but I won't view him like Kanter and Fisher (even though that wasn't a bad deal for us... didn't like the stuff surrounding it).

Seems like a pretty big deal he re-tweeted this... reading too much into it or nah?

I'd say so. I'm naturally a pessimist and like to avoid disappointment, but reading the tea leaves here there's a bunch of good signs:

On social media:
-Robyn instagramming the letters from the kids.
-Hayward's dad retweeting two Stayward videos in the last week.

From other players:
-Most of the Jazz players stating their belief that Hayward will stay during locker room clearout, including Ingles, saying that they haven't talked about it specifically, but have all talked about the future.
-Ingles re-signing at 13, which is likely one or two million less than he could have achieved elsewhere.
-The Rubio deal happening, despite the fact that Hill was easily available and wanted to re-sign; rumors that Hayward was unhappy with Hill's absences.
-A report from an NBA player on another team, close to Hayward (likely Jeremy Evans?) saying he would re-sign with the Jazz.

From the Jazz:
-Lindsey stating he feels confident they will re-sign both Hayward and Ingles.
-Assistant coaching staff, particularly Johnny, working with Hayward through the summer.
-Reports the front office has been in strong communication with Hayward, running trades by him.

From the media:
-Woj, the most keyed-in NBA analyst, stating twice that Gordon really values his relationship with Snyder and that the Jazz feel confident.
-Many other writers predicting that the Paul George trade to OKC was a hit to Boston's bid for Hayward.

It's still all circumstantial, but I have to say, given everything, I'm feeling pretty good here.

Twitter is dead silent on the Jazz/Hayward meeting.

Come on!

Rubio/Ingles/Gobert at meeting with Hayward. Ramona Shelbrone said Hayward wanted Jazz to get Rubio, loved the idea of playing with him.

Yeah, this seals it I think. He's staying. If Hayward was the one who truly initiated the Rubio deal... this is all said and done. Nice work, Dennis.

Rubio/Ingles/Gobert at meeting with Hayward. Ramona Shelbrone said Hayward wanted Jazz to get Rubio, loved the idea of playing with him.

If Hayward had a hand in that deal, I have a hard time seeing him go elsewhere. I'm pretty happy that Rubio was willing to go out there and meet with Hayward for this even though he was just barely traded for. I'm liking that deal more and more regardless of Hayward's decision.

I'm feeling a little too good about this... also just read the article ESPN published today... basically made it out as Boston Vs. Miami... straight disrespect... would really enjoy throwing this back at them.