What's new

Terrorism in Charleston, SC

good, because america is commiting cultural genocide on southern culture.
isis is also doing that in the middle eats btw

13780_10204245070910167_8667711516170561729_n-500x476.jpg

good, because america is commiting cultural genocide on southern culture.
isis is also doing that in the middle eats btw

13780_10204245070910167_8667711516170561729_n-500x476.jpg

My goodness. So burning down people's churches who have nothing to do with this "cultural genocide" is an appropriate response? It's a good thing?

Come on Dutch, I thought you were gonna try trolling less.

My goodness. So burning down people's churches who have nothing to do with this "cultural genocide" is an appropriate response? It's a good thing?

Come on Dutch, I thought you were gonna try trolling less.
lets be serious politicians and liberals ar ecrying wolf on systematic racism.

is there racism? yes.
is their institutionalized racism in America? no

but these politicians and activist want a race war!
they liberals want a race war!

this is what happens when u get a race war.
so i stop caring about this.

cultural genocide is worse in my opinion than a few burned down churches. dont get me wrong i would never ever burn down a church. cant do that cus of my religion.
but these bigoted liberals are stoking a racewar, politicans (like obama and clinton.) media (like cnn msnbc en times)they are all working in unison to create race wars.

firing salvos left and right banning rebel flag from commercial entities.

if these guys want a race war and sheeple are stupid enough to fall for it and please them with a stupid mindless racewar. what the hell.

this whole race war is made up. but repeat a lie often enough it becomes the truth.
so now finally after months and months of crying abuot racism people are taking action on both sides. and it is pretty sad.

there is
more black on black crime
more black on white crime
more blue on white crime

but the media is giving overexposure to the
blue on black "crime"(i say "" because michael brown wasnt a crime handsup dont shoot was a myth. etc ttc some are legit crimes)
white on black crime.

by doing this they are creating a "race war"

I love how both liberals and conservatives only give a **** about cultural preservation when it suits them. Cultures are, by their nature, susceptible to change, and even disappearance, through interaction with other cultures. There is nothing positive about the forceful preservation of any culture, be it liberals' absurd fondness of anything non-Western, or conservatives' desperate attachment to reactionary ideals. If a culture cannot survive the pressure from the free market of ideas, then so be it.

I love how both liberals and conservatives only give a **** about cultural preservation when it suits them. Cultures are, by their nature, susceptible to change, and even disappearance, through interaction with other cultures. There is nothing positive about the forceful preservation of any culture, be it liberals' absurd fondness of anything non-Western, or conservatives' desperate attachment to reactionary ideals. If a culture cannot survive the pressure from the free market of ideas, then so be it.

Absolutely! Culture is something we humans create to suit our needs, to give us a framework that makes it easier for us to live together.

I get the desire to understand, document and experience different cultures, but I don't think there's a lot of value in artificially preserving cultures for the sake of preserving cultures.

It's obvious who the Fox News and AM radio listeners are

No one is calling for a ban of the confederate battle flag. What people are requesting is that it not be flown at the capital building.

Really? Didn't Hillary recently make a speech were she specifically said that she thinks the confederate flag shouldn't be sold to the public by private companies?

FWIW I don't think either flag should be banned outright. If people want to buy them, let them buy them. Freedom means sometimes people do or say things we disagree with.

Really? Didn't Hillary recently make a speech were she specifically said that she thinks the confederate flag shouldn't be sold to the public by private companies?

I don't know what she said, but there is nothing wrong with calling for private companies not to sell something. If I had such a business, I wouldn't sell the Confederate flag as I think it is a racist symbol. It is my morality and my choice.

There is a difference between the government banning private citizens from owning/selling the flag, which I believe is a violation of the first amendment, and is an ineffective way of battling the problem, and calling into question the morality of such action, which is absolutely the right way to induce change.

I don't know what she said, but there is nothing wrong with calling for private companies not to sell something. If I had such a business, I wouldn't sell the Confederate flag as I think it is a racist symbol. It is my morality and my choice.

There is a difference between the government banning private citizens from owning/selling the flag, which I believe is a violation of the first amendment, and is an ineffective way of battling the problem, and calling into question the morality of such action, which is absolutely the right way to induce change.

Agreed. Isn't the American flag just a racist, maybe even more?

In our super-sensitive, social-media driven world that we live in, the government (I know Hillary is not the government), suggesting that a perfectly legal item shouldn't be sold to the public is effectively banning it.

can you please explain to me why they want statue of lee gone. but not of the 12 presidents who personally owned slaves.
George Washington, Thomas Jefferson, James Madison, James Monroe, J, Andrew Jackson, Martin Van Buren,William Henry Harrison, John Tyler, James K. Polk, Zachary Taylor, Andrew Johnson, Ulysses S. Grant.

8 of those owned slaves while in office.
ofcourse slavery is wrong. but now we seem to be judging people who lived in those times by todays standards in the case of Robert E. Lee and his cohorts.

they want those statues gone. but they dont want the others gone. it just annoys me this hypocritical crap while committing cultural genocide

edit: ofcourse there is revisionist history that lee was opposed to slavery so h could be an "honorable symbol" of southern heritage.
there is evidence for and against this theory. but now after 150 years we could not know.
and history is always written by the victors.
on antoher side the stories passed down by people who fought for the south should also be considered as somewhat true.

as some stories go he did not technically own slaves he inherited a plantation with slaves. and freed them before the Emancipation Proclamation was issued. some say it was only then.

but why judge him for having slaves while 12 other rpesidents have and they all have statues and some of these slave owners are even on money

Agreed. Isn't the American flag just a racist, maybe even more?

In our super-sensitive, social-media driven world that we live in, the government (I know Hillary is not the government), suggesting that a perfectly legal item shouldn't be sold to the public is effectively banning it.

How is the American flag just as racist? The Confederate flag represented the losing side of a war AGAINST the united states over (if in part) the issue of slavery. It's the flag of the pro-slavers side that lost the war.

And she has the right to say that selling the flag is wrong. She is an American citizen with the full rights it entails. The fact her voice has power is irrelevant.

How is the American flag just as racist? The Confederate flag represented the losing side of a war AGAINST the united states over (if in part) the issue of slavery. It's the flag of the pro-slavers side that lost the war.

And she has the right to say that selling the flag is wrong. She is an American citizen with the full rights it entails. The fact her voice has power is irrelevant.

We conducted slavery operations under the American flag before we ever had a confederacy.

We conducted slavery operations under the American flag before we ever had a confederacy.

But that chapter was concluded with the civil war. The side that wanted slavery to continue carried the Confederate flag, and lost. The Union wanted slavery abolished, they carried the American flag, and won. It's really quite simple.

Turn on the news, we're a racist country.

I'm not arguing Hillary doesn't have that right. I don't care what Hillary says. The intent of my post was to simply question Thriller's assertion that nobody is calling for a ban.

Turn on the news, we're a racist country.

I'm not arguing Hillary doesn't have that right. I don't care what Hillary says. The intent of my post was to simply question Thriller's assertion that nobody is calling for a ban.

What is your point then? The Thriller can't account for every person's opinion, and challenging his assertion is pointless. I'm sure SOMEONE would like to see it banned. But it is not the argument at hand. Neither is there a point to saying that the country is racist. Some people are racist, some people aren't. More people were racist in the past. Things change.