What's new

The Minimum FA Bargain Bin

Would love to see love bought out and dig for a minimum with the jazz for a stretch 4/5 option.

Can’t wait to see how many jump ship for a pay cut to join baby bron bron.

Sent from my iPhone using JazzFanz

Ahahaha is the apron only effective with a S&T? I thought we could use both our taxpayers MLE as well as the biannual while being over the apron.

Hard capped by the apron BAE is only for non-taxpayers. We have Taxpayer MLE, Trade exception of 9M, and minimum deals to offer... dream accordingly.

Also... the best use of our taxpayer MLE is to use $1M of it to sign Butler to a 3 year deal. We can only sign him to a 2 year deal if we do the minimum... that's why Hughes got 2 years last year. You have to have space or an exception to go beyond the 2 year minimum. So OP Jr. gets 4.8M ish... I think its doable. I want that extra year on Butler's deal... moving from 30 to 40 that is the big drawback.

Hard capped by the apron BAE is only for non-taxpayers. We have Taxpayer MLE, Trade exception of 9M, and minimum deals to offer... dream accordingly.

Ahhh. So what is the probability that the jazz exercise the TE and what could our options be?

Ahhh. So what is the probability that the jazz exercise the TE and what could our options be?

Id say they only use TE if they strike out in FA and don’t use MLE. I will place the chances at 26.4% that we use it.

So that's insane. We have 0 evidence that Niang can perform anywhere near the level and consistency that Bojan has in big moments.

Niang is a player, but we simply don't have evidence to suggest he's better than a 9th man on a good team. He did great in that role last year, but I didn't see a lot of flashes that he was ready for more than that.
This, in spades.

Niang is a high floor zero ceiling player. We had too many of those so we couldn't Compete when the chips were down. No thanks.

Niang’s floor/ceiling is that crawl space you go through on Being John Malkovich. Your reward is that you get to be John Malkovich. Quin loves it.
But his is more like being your Jr. High School coach. The guy whose glory days were when he got picked as the only JV player that one year to sit on the bench with the varsity team and got in a game in garbage time for 2 minutes for a team that sucked.

Niang is unplayable against an athletic, switching defense.

??? Why is terrific wide open shooting unplayable against switching defense. He is the exact type of player you want to have on the court to support your stars in that situation.

I get that Niang was awful against LAC, but it’s not because switching defense figured him out lmao. He’s a supporting player. If you define a player by 1-2 bad series, than you might as well call Mitchell the worst playoff performer of all time because he’s had some extreme stinkers against switching defense.

Narratives change so quickly, which is why you shouldn’t base your opinion on a player in a 4-7 game sample sizes.

“Unplayable” has got to be the most overused buzzword these days.

My dream is using all available money on OPJ. Can we use the TPE for a S&T? See if Orlando would want OKC’s fourth worst second rounder in 2027. Anyway, back to my dream: somehow land OPJ. Then sign Craig. Both can get some minutes but Craig becomes your OPJ injury insurance.

Run with Udoka but wouldn’t mind an Udoh or some other variety big on a minimum. Dwight Howard would be tight. You could sell him on having a defense that’s designed for a guy like him and he could be bench Rudy.
I’m definitely on board with this. Land OPJ and Craig, and Bojan becomes a lot more expendable. You nail a trade for him, and we’re back to contender status.

I’m definitely on board with this. Land OPJ and Craig, and Bojan becomes a lot more expendable. You nail a trade for him, and we’re back to contender status.
Sign OPJ, trade Bojan for Nance. Lose a little bit of offense for better defense and positional flexibility.