What's new

The Non-Jazz NBA Thread in the Jazz Section

and yes, I mistakenly included the total career for Jamal's advanced stats becuase I Didnt care too much to fix it when I accidentaly did past the 4 years.

There are plently of high usage focal points who have won chips when they got the right supporting cast around them.

The defense argument is fair and I agree he likely wont win in the NBA before he gets better at that. But its not that he isnt a winner. He is Euroleague champion and MVP.

Btw Parker made his argument after game 2 of the Mavs vs Suns series. Just like always, he looked like a fool and this time it took just 1 week.
With the iso heavy style of Luka/Harden where every facet of offense has to always run through them? Who?

And Carmello won the National Championship as a Freshman star like few have ever done and what did he go on to win at the NBA level with his style?

I give no ***** about Rob Parker or anything he says.

Just to be clear... I never compared Luka to James. I simply stated that the offense ran through Lebron and was very heliocentric and he was able to win at the highest levels. I figure those that are able to read and comprehend understood... but some like to twist any little sentence into something it isnt.

With the iso heavy style of Luka/Harden where every facet of offense has to always run through them? Who?

And Carmello won the National Championship as a Freshman star like few have ever done and what did he go on to win at the NBA level with his style?

I give no ***** about Rob Parker or anything he says.
What? Lukas highest iso frequency ever has been 23.8% (last season, due to Mavs being void of talent). KDs was 21.1%. Harden has had over 45% multiple years and over 30% in every one of the past X years.

That was the base of your argument? Lmao dude doesnt even watch Mavs and just throws random **** around.

What? Lukas highest iso frequency ever has been 23.8% (last season, due to Mavs being void of talent). KDs was 21.1%. Harden has had over 45% multiple years and over 30% in every one of the past X years.

That was the base of your argument? Lmao dude doesnt even watch Mavs and just throws random **** around.
Lmfao

So who????

Outside of like Tim Duncan the great players of the league don't start winning titles until their mid/late 20s. But I guess Luka argues with the refs too much and that is the one thing a player can't ever change. Guys definitely don't have any growth in maturity or self control from their early 20s.

Luka/Lauri/Kessler would be a serious title contender... I have zero doubt about it.

My reservations on Luka is we'd likely never get on his list of preferred destinations and without that you'd have him for such a small window it is too big of a bet to make for a 12 month opportunity.

Outside of like Tim Duncan the great players of the league don't start winning titles until their mid/late 20s. But I guess Luka argues with the refs too much and that is the one thing a player can't ever change. Guys definitely don't have any growth in maturity or self control from their early 20s.
He is the one guy who argued with refs too much. He's by far the most egregious of all time in that respect.

You could say it's a lot like..... James Harden

He will need to have the right teammates around him... just like Jokic... just like Giannis... just like Lebron. All of those teams will live and die with their stars too. Luka's playstyle is not perfect or ideal... he's so good at it that it also won't stop him from winning a title at some point.

Everyone is a loser/liability....until they aren't. Luka might be a top 2 player I'd want to have on the Jazz right now. He's annoying to watch, but he's damn good.

Everyone is a loser/liability....until they aren't. Luka might be a top 2 player I'd want to have on the Jazz right now. He's annoying to watch, but he's damn good.
Yup but if you try to remind some folks of how this works they rely on their 20/20 hindsight to recreate the narrative.

"Some guys win when some people said they wouldnt that means anyone who says a guy cant win means that guy can win once he wins"

Y'all can keep saying that as much as you want, but some playstyles are less conducive to winning.

Isn't pretty much every superstar player a high usage focal point of his team? I would think that is a good strategy to have your best player have high usage.

You know who else said Harden's playstyle could never win at the highest level?

Kobe ****ing Bryant.
Was Kobe pretty high usage? Did he win anything at the highest level?

Bruh did you watch Kobe play? The guy did more than just iso and stay on ball. He also played a **** ton of defense.
I know you hate this but........ Go ahead and post his usage vs Luka. Post their iso stats or on ball stats. I watched him play as much as anyone. He ball hogged like a mo fo.

Back