What's new

TMZ reports that Kobe Bryant passed away.

Dude made an automatic presumption that folks would dance on the corpse of Limbaugh or Trump "for the lulz", and that's respectful? Really?

I think it’s fair to say many would if Trump passed. I’m not sure what you feel he did that was disrespectful?

I think it’s fair to say many would if Trump passed. I’m not sure what you feel he did that was disrespectful?

Because he makes it right out of the gate with no provocation. There was no reason to make the comment whatsoever, but dude did as a form of political shaming. He was perfectly good with the Neil Peart comment because I understand that. Peart's death did not affect me as it did others, but my father in law is a ginormous Rush fan and their music was an absolutely huge part of his life. I know the death hit him on a personal level because of that. He was morose for a while, so I had to let him process that grief. That's perfectly normal because folks have to deal with it in their own way.

But making an immediate assumption about a group of people right of the box when some folks still dealing because of the suddenness of it? That's an *** move. A purely *** move.

Carbon V2.5 wasn’t released in 2012.
No but prior versions were, it's retroactive when an update happens. Kind of like how when I change my avatar, my old posts have the new avatar as well.

Carbon isn't an app you can use to manipulate timestamps, anyway.

https://www.thedailybeast.com/kobe-...ningly-driven-genius?ref=home?utm_source=digg

Excellent read that covers Kobe's life. Not sure why there are so many butt-hurt about Kobe's rape allegations. I spent some time reading about it and I think those upset either don't know, forgot or are too easily dismissing how incredibly disgusting rape is.

Is this the time and place? Maybe not for you, but maybe for others.

I remember when Jackson died it was the same thing.

Last edited:
Dude made an automatic presumption that folks would dance on the corpse of Limbaugh or Trump "for the lulz", and that's respectful? Really?
If it’s 100% true, is it really a presumption? I mean, if I say the sun will totally rise tomorrow, is that really a presumption? If it really burns you that badly, swap out Trump for Obama, Limbaugh for “insert CNBC guy here” and then feel better about things. His point is 100% valid regardless.

You have low IQ if you think otherwise.

Any polarizing figure will have people, who at first chance, will dance on their corpses.

You're lying to yourself if you think otherwise.

I've grown to like Kobe over the last five years. He's been great after his retirement and is an amazing father. That said, since his passing I've gone back and read the details, evidence and quotes from his sexual allegation. All I have to say is that it's fair people have brought them up. You may not like it, but it is.

@Zombie used the words "torn" (I think - read last night haha) and I think there are Kobe's haters, Kobe's fans, and those who are able to see both his good and his bad.

I certainly will remember him for his good. I've grown to like the guy. However, I'm not going to try and shame someone who brings up his rape after his death. If you wanna be that guy that brushes that under the rug then so be it.

If it’s 100% true, is it really a presumption? I mean, if I say the sun will totally rise tomorrow, is that really a presumption? If it really burns you that badly, swap out Trump for Obama, Limbaugh for “insert CNBC guy here” and then feel better about things. His point is 100% valid regardless.

Does not matter if it's valid. Dude made an attack on folks without provocation at an inappropriate time because he felt the need to do so. Really. It was uncalled for, so he get's an ignore. Simple as.

You have low IQ if you think otherwise.

Any polarizing figure will have people, who at first chance, will dance on their corpses.

You're lying to yourself if you think otherwise.

I've grown to like Kobe over the last five years. He's been great after his retirement and is an amazing father. That said, since his passing I've gone back and read the details, evidence and quotes from his sexual allegation. All I have to say is that it's fair people have brought them up. You may not like it, but it is.

@Zombie used the words "torn" (I think - read last night haha) and I think there are Kobe's haters, Kobe's fans, and those who are able to see both his good and his bad.

I certainly will remember him for his good. I've grown to like the guy. However, I'm not going to try and shame someone who brings up his rape after his death. If you wanna be that guy that brushes that under the rug then so be it.
There is a time and place for everything. The man died, bringing up anything but condolences and sadness at this time is tasteless and shameful.

Sent from my SM-G965U using JazzFanz mobile app