What's new

Transgender and sports

I've just got to ask - why does it matter to any of you if someone says they are a different gender than you believe they are? How does it hurt you? Why can't a little compassion, kindness and understanding replace judgment and some weird need to tell others how they should live their lives? Honestly, why does it bother you so much? What has it taken away from your life?

A child I have loved since my best friend adopted him has recently "come out" as a trans man at age 22. Guess what? I still love him just as much as when I thought he was a girl. I only want him to be happy and fulfilled in his life. I will never understand what it feels like to be trans, but what right do I have to decide for him what his life should be? Why would I do that to someone I love?

Sent from my SM-A426U using JazzFanz mobile app

I've just got to ask - why does it matter to any of you if someone says they are a different gender than you believe they are? How does it hurt you? Why can't a little compassion, kindness and understanding replace judgment and some weird need to tell others how they should live their lives? Honestly, why does it bother you so much? What has it taken away from your life?

A child I have loved since my best friend adopted him has recently "come out" as a trans man at age 22. Guess what? I still love him just as much as when I thought he was a girl. I only want him to be happy and fulfilled in his life. I will never understand what it feels like to be trans, but what right do I have to decide for him what his life should be? Why would I do that to someone I love?

I agree with this. I don’t think government should be banning trans people from anything (especially children) and if certain leagues would like to have certain stipulations on adults that’s up to them, not the government. I would never show any hate or ill will towards anyone transgender knowing, meeting, talking to, or interacting with. But if we’re having a conversation about reality in regards to biology and what is/isn’t at play here I’m not going to pretend these giant twists and turns and re-routing semantics and conversations in spirals to act like something is that isn’t reality. Men and women exist. Different sexes, exist. A gender spectrum of masculine and feminine also exists. But what you’re saying is really the point of what some of these nonsensical arguments are. Do I really think people like One Brow are under the delusional nonsense that men are not men and women are not women? No I don’t. I think at the root they just want transgender individuals to be loved, and treated fairly and kindly, and they should be. But that doesn’t mean in a conversation about society, biology, or just simple logical thought that a spoon feeding of semantic delusional ******** is just going to be eaten like candy. Trans people are people and should always be treated with love and respect. They should get treatments as they see fit or what will make them feel more fulfilled in life.

You know, in all my anthropology classes in college, I don't remember ever coming across the concept "gender spectrum."

I wonder why that was...

Wow. I just looked at what oneye said.

Yup, keeping him and his 1950's mentality on blinvisible.
Yep, all the sudden he drops the mask and we see what he's really been saying this entire time.

Why do I have the feeling that this is more about telling the LGBT community where to go than about preserving women’s sports?

For some politicians and those who are anti-LGBTQ+, it certainly is just hate. But here’s the thing, plenty of people can be perfectly kind and loving to transgender people and also acknowledge biology and men and women exist. I don’t need to believe the semantic twisted nonsense someone like One Brow spews to be kind or caring about another person. Trying to use such delusional nonsense doesn’t help the case that these people should be treated with the same kindness and respect of any other human being because they should. For instance in the legislative hearing yesterday when one of the state Senators said “There’s no way of knowing the difference of a man or woman” there’s a reason people scoff at that and think the person saying it is entirely insane and agenda driven themselves.

Yep, all the sudden he drops the mask and we see what he's really been saying this entire time.
For some sure, they’re doing it out of hate. And then there’s most people who simply don’t think just accepting delusion and denial of basic biology is helpful as a society.

For some politicians and those who are anti-LGBTQ+, it certainly is just hate. But here’s the thing, plenty of people can be perfectly kind and loving to transgender people and also acknowledge biology and men and women exist. I don’t need to believe the semantic twisted nonsense someone like One Brow spews to be kind or caring about another person. Trying to use such delusional nonsense doesn’t help the case that these people should be treated with the same kindness and respect of any other human being because they should. For instance in the legislative hearing yesterday when one of the state Senators said “There’s no way of knowing the difference of a man or woman” there’s a reason people scoff at that and think the person saying it is entirely insane and agenda driven themselves.
So you're willing to "play along" with a person claiming a gender that they are not just to keep the peace, just to preserve their "delusion."

Yeah we heard you the first time.

What you’re saying just isn’t reality.
At least I can explain and justify my positions. All you're doing is saying I'm lying, and without a single bit of evidence you can bring to back that up. Your position is nothing but hollow assertions. It might as well be a religion.

You know, in all my anthropology classes in college, I don't remember ever coming across the concept "gender spectrum."

I wonder why that was...
What concepts did you come across? Female and male?

For instance in the legislative hearing yesterday when one of the state Senators said “There’s no way of knowing the difference of a man or woman” there’s a reason people scoff at that and think the person saying it is entirely insane and agenda driven themselves.
Ya I mean if an archeologist dug up the bones of a once male who transitioned to a female and was tasked with determining whether the bones came from a female or male then it wouldn't matter what the person self identified as. The archeologist would simply come to the conclusion that the bones were from a male human.

I wonder why that was...
But unless you are a scientist dealing in such issues, why does it matter to you? Does it make you feel superior in some way?

Ya I mean if an archeologist dug up the bones of a once male who transitioned to a female and was tasked with determining whether the bones came from a female or male then it wouldn't matter what the person self identified as. The archeologist would simply come to the conclusion that the bones were from a male human.
And we all know you can tell everything important about a person from their skeleton.

Remember, it’s about preserving the integrity of women’s sports. It’s nothing about preying on bigotry to try and keep a base that hasn’t gotten over Obergefell angry and engaged for the midterms…

I wish posters on here could see these sweeping reforms quickly being stuffed down their throats for what they truly are. Yesterday, Utah’s legislature quickly passed a ban in special session. Many delegates voiced anger from their base that the legislature had been stymied by the Republican governor and threatened primaries for incumbents that didn’t help to override the gov’s veto. And today is the GOP convention where GOP legislators up for re-election faced party delegates. I’m sure it’s just a coincidence.

There’s a real opportunity to have an adult conversation about women’s sports and improving the lives of LGBT students. Unfortunately, the political party in charge of most state legislatures, including Utah’s, has no interest in that. Much easier to just prey on bigotry.

Monson has some good thoughts

What the passage/override in this case really was is two things: 1) A twisted proclamation reinforcing a line of thinking from some in the predominant religion in this state, although there are plenty of members of that church who hate what the Legislature did with HB11; and 2) A move by legislators to solidify their conservative base, so as to better ensure their ability to be re-elected in a state where Republicans so lopsidedly rule.

Last edited:
And we all know you can tell everything important about a person from their skeleton.
The archeologist, anthropologists and biologists would all be like "Yep, this was one of the ones that was good at sports. They also took out the trash, held the door, did light household repairs, were abusive, murdered, molested children, etc. You can't really argue with science, after all. Yep, this old pile of bones can be defined exactly based on their sexual organs. His name was probably Jeffery, or Johnathan. It's all right there in the penis."

Last edited:
Remember, it’s about preserving the integrity of women’s sports. It’s nothing about preying on bigotry to try and keep a base that hasn’t gotten over Obergefell angry and engaged for the midterms…

She has the intelligence of a ****ing goldfish. To her it's all just one thing, the other. Pete Buttigieg is a gay man married to another gay man. Why would he go into a woman's restroom? It doesn't even make sense.

I'm also still pretty confused about what supposedly goes on in women's restrooms. I mean do you ladies do your business with the stall door open? Is it all **** out in there? I can count on zero hands how many times I've seen another dude's junk in a public bathroom. I can also count on zero hands how many times someone is just hanging out, straight chillin' in the bathroom, like it's the cool new hangout. I thought bathrooms were for urinating or defecating in. That's sort of get in get it done, wash your damn hands, and get out type of thing as far as I'm concerned. But MTG is gonna MTG.

Ya I mean if an archeologist dug up the bones of a once male who transitioned to a female and was tasked with determining whether the bones came from a female or male then it wouldn't matter what the person self identified as.
Do you think 100% of intact skeletons can be so identified?