What's new

What type of candidate can beat Trump?

I want to add that the U.S. has been extraordinarily intentional in how we present our forces along the DMZ. For instance, to serve along the DMZ you must be at least 6' tall and in good physical condition. We haven't wanted the PRNK to see anything but imposing specimens when they look across that divide.

Trump walked up to the line of demarcation between North and South Korea and WAITED for Kim. Then Kim causally suggests Trump could be the first U.S. President in North Korea so Trump enters North Korean territory for the **** of it, so he could be first.

I actually found this incident to be one of the top-3 most shocking moments of Trump's Presidency.
Gameface, maybe i do not remember my history classes correctly, but almost every POTUS has been somewhat friendly to Soviet Union leaders? Or was it wrong that Reagan started to remove the Iron Curtain with Gorbachov? Why is the "friendship" between Trump and Kim considered worse compared to friendship between Eisenhower and Stalin?
I hope that someday the NK foodchain (big NK elitist group who enjoy the profits of the "free" camp labor like we had during the Soviet Union - if you were a high ranking member of communist party + a KGB snitch then you had problems getting better apartment, food and trips to foreign countries) is destroyed and NK and SK unite.
I think, that China is actually not happy at all should that happen.

Gameface, maybe i do not remember my history classes correctly, but almost every POTUS has been somewhat friendly to Soviet Union leaders? Or was it wrong that Reagan started to remove the Iron Curtain with Gorbachov? Why is the "friendship" between Trump and Kim considered worse compared to friendship between Eisenhower and Stalin?
I hope that someday the NK foodchain (big NK elitist group who enjoy the profits of the "free" camp labor like we had during the Soviet Union - if you were a high ranking member of communist party + a KGB snitch then you had problems getting better apartment, food and trips to foreign countries) is destroyed and NK and SK unite.
I didn't comment on Trump's friendship with Kim.

Sent from my SM-G973U using JazzFanz mobile app

Yep. Definitely comparable. I remember when:

Reagan: “So then Gorbachov sent me a beautiful letter. A love letter! Saying nice things about me. Many nice things. I know you don’t hear many nice things about me because of the media the fake news media CNN and The NY Times the enemy of the people who lie about me colluding with Iran which is fake news you know who really colluded with Iran? Walter Mondale and the FBI and their gang of angry democrats colluded with Iran and everyone thought Mondale would win all the polls said he’d win but we won.

So we sent love letters and me and Gorbachov fell in love! We fell in love!

It would be an honor to meet with him at the Berlin Wall. Can I shake his hand?”

#1 No past president has pandered to a dictator, like trump is doing on a regular basis. In just the past 72 hours trump has:

A. Made a joke out of Putin’s election interference.
B. Threw our intelligence community under the bus by again denying that MBS killed journalist Jamaal Kashoggi.
C. Accomplished zero with China. Indications are they’re holding firm against us in the trade war.
D. Giving Kim propaganda for his people to consume while accomplishing zero for our safety.

Let’s analyze what Trump has said recently about Kim, shall we?

He said that he and Kim were, “Falling in love.” He’s called him a “great leader.” He even expressed a desire to run the USA like Kim does NK.

That’s ****ing insane. Republicans would’ve impeached Obama in the afternoon and lynched Him before the senate could convict by dinner if he had done something similar.

If you think Trump’s pandering is anywhere in the same solar system as Kennedy and Kruschev or Reagan and Gorbachov, then you’re hopelessly lost.

#2 Previous presidents used these meetings to promote an agenda that benefitted the United States. How have these meetings benefited us? We’re on what... our third Kim/Donald date, and what has been accomplished?

So no... the comparisons of Trump getting on all 4s and opening up wide for Kim isn’t even close to Reagan and Gorbachev negotiating for the INF Treaty (something trump has now trashed, to Putin’s delight).

Last edited:
If he were available, I might vote for Mickey Mouse over a man who displayed this level of buffoonery on the international stage:

https://slate.com/news-and-politics/2019/06/trump-g20-osaka-putin-mbs-kim-ivanka.html

And now, "Generalissimo" Trump plans to hijack our nation's Independence Day celebration, politicize the military, and make it all about himself. We don't deserve this, but we got it....

https://www.politico.com/story/2019/07/02/trumps-militarized-july-4-1567767

"President Donald Trump boasted Tuesday that the nation’s military leaders are “thrilled” that he’s trotting out a dazzling display of troops, tanks, helicopters and fighter jets for his personal Independence Day celebration.

But multiple former military leaders are publicly expressing dismay, calling it the latest example of Trump politicizing the armed services.

The annual public festivities and fireworks display on the National Mall scheduled for Thursday are being overtaken by Trump's "Salute to America" event, which is shaping up to feature a prominent role for the military.

"This looks like it’s becoming much more of a Republican Party event — a political event about the president — than a national celebration of the Fourth of July, and it’s unfortunate to have the military smack dab in the middle of that,” said retired Army Lt. Gen. David Barno, who commanded U.S. troops in Afghanistan under President George W. Bush.

“The president is using the armed forces in a political ploy for his reelection campaign and I think it’s absolutely obscene,” added retired Army Maj. Gen. William Nash, a veteran of Vietnam, the Gulf War and peacekeeping operations in the Balkans."

Maybe Generalissimo Trump will surprise me, and actually speak highly of all Americans. Maybe he'll know the difference between unifying patriotism and his brand of nationalism, in which he equates himself with the state. I'll have to read about it later. Hate to get sick to my stomach on the 4th....

https://www.cnn.com/2019/07/02/opinions/fourth-of-july-salute-to-trump-kirby/index.html

190701235318-0701-fourth-of-july-tanks-dc-01-super-169.jpg

190303135723-trump-cpac-0302-medium-plus-169.jpg

Maybe Generalissimo Trump will surprise me, and actually speak highly of all Americans. Maybe he'll know the difference between unifying patriotism and his brand of nationalism, in which he equates himself with the state. I'll have to read about it later. Hate to get sick to my stomach on the 4th....

https://www.cnn.com/2019/07/02/opinions/fourth-of-july-salute-to-trump-kirby/index.html

190701235318-0701-fourth-of-july-tanks-dc-01-super-169.jpg

190303135723-trump-cpac-0302-medium-plus-169.jpg

Yeah, how can you like someone that loves the flag loves our country and loves our troops. Horrible...

Lol

Listened to NPR today. After speaking with a few historians and political scientists who taught about the history of the 4th and how these types of militaristic displays are used in authoritarian regimes, They had to both sides this issue by interviewing stupid people who were vets. The vets explained that:

A. They felt they needed a day to recognize the armed forces. Apparently they forgot the other 3, armed forces day, Memorial Day, and Veterans Day. But what can ya do when you’re interviewing stupid people?

B. They felt that without the armed forces, there wouldn’t be an America. Which is funny, since there wouldn’t have been an America without the citizen militia, Native American help, and French Navy.

C. They seemed to regard Trump’s nationalism/self flagellation as much needed as we haven’t done these things in the past. None of them talked about the great political implications or of the cost to both infrastructure in DC or the national park budgets that were raided. None of them talked about honoring veterans with a better health care system or letting military people have a day off to be with their families.

Sigh

Why are we talking about honoring vets on the 4th anyway? Isn’t it a day to celebrate our independence and country’s ideals? Why are we making it another armed forces day?

Yeah, how can you like someone that loves the flag loves our country and loves our troops. Horrible...

Trump embracing the flag like that is a prime example of how he is elevating nationalism over patriotism, and does not know the difference. My dad was a "Yankee Doodle Dandy, born on the 4th of July". And a member of the "greatest generation". I miss him, but he's lucky he won't be around to see a draft dodging POS make our nation's birthday celebration all about him.

Trump doesn’t love the flag or troops. He couldn’t even love his own wives or children (exception being Ivanka). He was porking Stormy months after Melania gave birth to Baron.

If you’re too stupid to see Trump’s narcissism masquerading as patriotism then please don’t be offended when people call you a deplorable.

I don't think any of the current Democratic candidates for 2020 can realistically beat Trump in a national election, but I think Kamala Harris could potentially give the Democrats an identity and clear voice that it currently lacks. She comes across as smart, a bit fiery, impassioned and sincere, unlike the others who are mostly wooden and/or geriatric.

Trump doesn’t love the flag or troops. He couldn’t even love his own wives or children (exception being Ivanka). He was porking Stormy months after Melania gave birth to Baron.

If you’re too stupid to see Trump’s narcissism masquerading as patriotism then please don’t be offended when people call you a deplorable.

You guys make me grateful to be part of the 50% of this country that still loves America and doesn't get bitter and angry when the President of the United States does a Salute to America.

You guys make me grateful to be part of the 50% of this country that loves a small fraction of this country and doesn't get bitter and angry when the President of the United States does a Salute to the small part of America that I like.

FIFY. You and the President don't love America. In actuality and as a whole, you hate America.