What's new

Woj: Celtics working to land both Gordon Hayward and Paul George

They want a ****ing guarantee. Hayward doesn't do guarantees. He is a badass.

If we lose Hayward and Hill, why do you want Beverley? What does he accomplish for us, besides making our pick next year worse and taking away an OKC pick we can use to move up if we are not at the very top? We have Exum and Mitchell who are both defensive minded prospects and we get Beverley to clog their minutes in a year when we are not fighting for anything realistically?

You make good points. For me, it all comes down to how much Beverley costs. If he's a dump with Lou Williams to clear space, I think we take them both. Beverley will be very easy to flip at the deadline. Just imagine if we had access to Beverley this year with our Hill injury issues. I'd take Beverley with the hope he's a perfect fit OR to flip him at the deadline.

Ideally, we add Teodosic if Hayward leaves. We'll need the extra offense.

He's fun and I don't see us going far enough into the tank plus he could be moved later.

I know tanking is the smart thing to do here but we just won't do it well enough. I hate the idea of Hayward leaving and is rolling over. I kind of want to be the team that says eff you we will do it without you.

Kind of like when you'd break up with someone in high school and they acted like they didn't care... it's the Westbrook OKC method... the fine you are dead to me.

The thought of Gobert suffering through a tank makes me sad.

Well here's something to throw up your guts over:
http://basketball.realgm.com/wireta...6ers-Magic-Nets-Jazz-To-Pursue-Andre-Iguodala

The Minnesota Timberwolves, San Antonio Spurs, Los Angeles Clippers, Philadelphia 76ers, Orlando Magic, Brooklyn Nets and Utah Jazz are among the teams that will pursue Andre Iguodala in free agency.

The Golden State Warriors still hope to re-sign Iguodala and it is not yet known whether Iguodala will take meetings with rival teams. Iguodala joined the Warriors on a four-year, $48 million deal in 2013.

If the Jazz lose Gordon Hayward, they are expected to make Iguodala their top priority.

Shaun Livingston is another free agent the Warriors would like to re-sign.

Cuz nothing says we are relevant like overpaying a 33 year old Andre Iguodala. But hey, at least we won't be tanking, right? I'm gonna ****ing break something if this happens. This is a fireable offense if DL is indeed thinking about even trying this BS.

Well here's something to throw up your guts over:

Cuz nothing says we are relevant like overpaying a 33 year old Andre Iguodala. But hey, at least we won't be tanking, right? I'm gonna ****ing break something if this happens. This is a fireable offense if DL is indeed thinking about even trying this BS.

If they got him on a 2-year deal, I don't think that would be so terrible (though I don't think the odds of coming to a reasonable deal that will induce him to move are high). If you don't think tanking is the answer (and I tend not to with Gobert, etc. still around), I think having Iggy around could help keep us close to 50 wins while we transition to the under-25 talent on the team.

Aside from tanking, where else do we go if Hayward leaves? Who else is likely available?

DL should be pursuing Paul George right now. He should have been weeks ago. Call up Indy right now and offer Favors, Hood, Exum and picks. Give Indy a deadline before July 1 to make the decision. Guaranteed it's a better offer than anything Ainge is willing to give. I bet he's offering a pick or two and none from Brooklyn. So you get PG and pitch a plan to Hayward where you offer him a 1+1 contract so that both he and PG can opt out next year and be re-signed long-term. Added bonus for Hayward in that is that if he makes All NBA on a loaded team he would get the supermax.

I can't believe Hayward would want to be the #3 or #4 guy on the team. Behind IT, Paul George and possibly Horford. I know he has said he just wants to win, but if that's really the case, he should just sign the veteran minimum with the warriors.

I don't blame if he expects that Jazz to make moves. But the situation in Boston doesn't seem all that great to be honest.

If they got him on a 2-year deal, I don't think that would be so terrible (though I don't think the odds of coming to a reasonable deal that will induce him to move are high). If you don't think tanking is the answer (and I tend not to with Gobert, etc. still around), I think having Iggy around could help keep us close to 50 wins while we transition to the under-25 talent on the team.

Aside from tanking, where else do we go if Hayward leaves? Who else is likely available?

I keep asking - WHAT IS THE POINT? And nobody is answering me? What is the point of downgrading from Hill to Beverley? What is the point of downgrading from Hayward to Iggy who is breaking down and can't play more than 20-25 minutes a game? Where does this leave us? How the hell are we going to get to 50 wins with this roster? This is delusional. This is .500 team, unless Exum turns into a star out of the blue. We will waste the best years of Gobert on the treadmill. I absolutely abhor this plan.

On your question - Gallinari is available... another injury prone going into his 30s vet. We can give him the max, because God forbid we tank.
Jrue Holiday is available... because again... what could go wrong with a brittle point guard and Jazz training staff?
Maybe we can go after Lowry. Give him the 4max
Paul Millsap...

You get the thread here, right? It's all players we need to overpay going into their 30s(some of them into their mid-30s). This to me sounds like complete and utter disaster in the making.

I can't believe Hayward would want to be the #3 or #4 guy on the team. Behind IT, Paul George and possibly Horford. I know he has said he just wants to win, but if that's really the case, he should just sign the veteran minimum with the warriors.

I don't blame if he expects that Jazz to make moves. But the situation in Boston doesn't seem all that great to be honest.

If he stays with us, I think this is the biggest reason. Winning is good, but 1) he will be doing that here and 2) he won't have to play with other guys who expect to dominate the ball.

DL should be pursuing Paul George right now. He should have been weeks ago. Call up Indy right now and offer Favors, Hood, Exum and picks. Give Indy a deadline before July 1 to make the decision. Guaranteed it's a better offer than anything Ainge is willing to give. I bet he's offering a pick or two and none from Brooklyn. So you get PG and pitch a plan to Hayward where you offer him a 1+1 contract so that both he and PG can opt out next year and be re-signed long-term. Added bonus for Hayward in that is that if he makes All NBA on a loaded team he would get the supermax.

Agreed. Get George and try to get Rubio too. Sign Teodosic. I want to watch some competitive basketball this year, not another half assed rebuild.

When we traded up I was sooooo hoping that we were picking for Indiana.

And then lose both one year from now, having blown all our assets to lose to golden state again.

No thanks. I'd rather be the same team minus Hayward a year from now vs the same team minus Hayward and a ton of assets.

I would bet you my house that DL has been doing exactly that. And I bet my house he was involved in the Jimmy Butler sweepstakes. Single biggest problem we have is that our potential best trade assets - Favors, Hood, and Burks - were all hurt this year which makes it tough to move them.

Wow. Sounds like a great way to lose both players and a bunch of assets. This is giving Hayward way too much power. Breaking the bank for George so Hayward stays and then giving him a 1+1? cmon now.

I keep asking - WHAT IS THE POINT? And nobody is answering me? What is the point of downgrading from Hill to Beverley? What is the point of downgrading from Hayward to Iggy who is breaking down and can't play more than 20-25 minutes a game? Where does this leave us? How the hell are we going to get to 50 wins with this roster? This is delusional. This is .500 team, unless Exum turns into a star out of the blue. We will waste the best years of Gobert on the treadmill. I absolutely abhor this plan.

The alternative is to tank for several years and probably have to trade Rudy to avoid having him walk for nothing.

It may be delusional, but I'm not sure it's any more delusional than expecting to completely rebuild in one year. It's kind of a situation where there aren't any good answers, but I don't understand how you think a tank would only last one season. Even if we landed the top pick, it takes most rookies a year or three before making a significant impact on the game.

We could try to gather a bunch of picks in hopes of finding a trade for a player like Butler, but there's no guarantee that opportunity becomes available in one or 2 years.

His decision making in this case will say a whole bunch about Gordon. Does he man up and let us build around he and Rudy or does he go someplace else as the 3rd or 4th wheel. Unfortunately, LeBron and KD have set the tone for joining others instead of being the man to build around.

The alternative is to tank for several years and probably have to trade Rudy to avoid having him walk for nothing.

It may be delusional, but I'm not sure it's any more delusional than expecting to completely rebuild in one year. It's kind of a situation where there aren't any good answers, but I don't understand how you think a tank would only last one season. Even if we landed the top pick, it takes most rookies a year or three before making a significant impact on the game.

Yep. People keep forgetting that we got entirely through our last rebuild with only two picks in the draft that were better than 9th overall (Kanter 3rd, Exum 5th), and neither of them were necessary to the rebuild.